BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

I think that if the guy was thought to be honest and sincere, there might be a little more sympathy for him.

His unpopularity as an individual coupled with his, IMO, gross incompetence and unsuitability for the role, makes him the biggest square peg in a round hole in the history of Blackburn Rovers' managers.

Even some of the so called 'duds' (Jim Iley, Ray Harford, Brian Kidd, Paul Ince) had previously 'shone' in either a coaching or managerial capacity.

IMO, Keane has no track record of note and it is beyond comprehension that Venkys didn't see this and seemingly, despite looking into the abyss, are dithering whether to do anything about it.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He says press release will be out soon and that if we get relegated Venkys will sell.

Sell? To who? We were on sale for years and were sold for odd £20M, and now Venky's have taken probably odd £20M worth of more loans in the name of the club. Venky's would have to pay someone to take us out of their hands if we get relegated.

Even some of the so called 'duds' (Jim Iley, Ray Harford, Brian Kidd, Paul Ince) had previously 'shone' in either a coaching or managerial capacity.

You might want to look in to his coaching cv. You'll see it's quite impressive.

So impressive that he's qualified as a teacher and I hear that he is currently teaching Dunny to do his badges

You might want to look in to his coaching cv. You'll see it's quite impressive.

So impressive that he's qualified as a teacher and I hear that he is currently teaching Dunny to do his badges

Those who can't, teach? :)

There's stuff on there from Vinjay. Don't know much about him apart from he has a lot to say..

Yep I had a go at Vinjay as he is blaming our current situation on the walkers...what else do you expect from that moron.

Inside Rover is someone with verbal diarrhea and no clue what the hell is going on. Also seems to think a statement is being released at 12pm today, strange as 12pm was 6 hours 40mins ago :blink:

Sell? To who? We were on sale for years and were sold for odd £20M, and now Venky's have taken probably odd £20M worth of more loans in the name of the club. Venky's would have to pay someone to take us out of their hands if we get relegated.

I am sure they'd be less fussy about who buys us out, compared to the Trust. Anyway, this is a pointless discussion as I was just repeating what the guy on Twitter said.

I was prepared to give him the three games after Dubai - with a minimum of 4 points from those matches. He nearly got the point at Fulham - but for all his rhetoric we still can't defend properly. Clattenburg got the penalty wrong - but could have easily given two or three in the match.

It is with heavy heart that I think he has to go - we should be seeing some team pattern now (as he has had enough games to imprint his ideas) - but it still seems to resemble an unstructured mess.

Wonder what the Premier League and the Walker Trust have to say about the mess our new owners seem to be getting us in. At the moment my glass is definitely half empty.

Yep I had a go at Vinjay as he is blaming our current situation on the walkers...what else do you expect from that moron.

Inside Rover is someone with verbal diarrhea and no clue what the hell is going on. Also seems to think a statement is being released at 12pm today, strange as 12pm was 6 hours 40mins ago :blink:

Do you have reserve energy and patience to open up a discussion with that guy? Save yourself man.

Take a copy of Mein Kampf, substitute the word Jew with Walker and you have Vinjays mind.

Thing is, as said before, if Jerome has been binned (which is yet to be confirmed), who are Venky's using for football advice. This would obviously have a bearing on the next steps.

You would hope Tom Finn is involved.

Do you have reserve energy and patience to open up a discussion with that guy? Save yourself man.

Haha! I have enough anger at the current situation to fill an olypmic size swimming pool and if he wants to try me I have got plenty of arguements to use.

I can't even begin to imagine his thought processes, must be one strange imaginary world to live in.

Take a copy of Mein Kampf, substitute the word Jew for Walker and you have Vinjays mind.

I like that one!

Anyway, still waiting on any word from the club. The silence is deafening, especially in times of trouble, they are not backing their man.

last 3 posts from inside rovers

Inside_Rover Rovers Safety

I feel sorry for BRFC but you have to think of Venkys too. They have acted on terrible advice.

If you are relegated all assets (Players) will be sold to cover debts / losses and then the club will be sold. No more money for BRFC

Your local paper must be waiting until the morning. They've had Mrs Desai's statement for hours now

Those who excell, teach.

There's no doubt he's an excellent coach, I can't see why people would want to beat him with the non existent "sh:t at coaching" stick

No-one's saying he's a bad coach - in fact, I've read quite the opposite - but in my opinion he is NOT a good manager based on his poor team selections/substitutions, tactical naivety and lack of Plan B when things are clearly not going well during matches.

That might change in the future with experience but don't expect anyone to be happy watching him wreck our club to get there.

Hope you don't have coulrophobia, btw, because you might want to avoid the mb for the next few weeks as it's only likely to get worse.

There's no doubt he's an excellent coach

Based on what? He was coaching in the Championship before we got him. He was on the dole as well - why did no other clubs go for him if he's so good? Sam obviously thought he was less competent than Neil McDonald.

We're probably the best club he's been at in his whole career. If he's such a great coach he would've been at bigger clubs in his career, instead of Fulham/Coventry etc.

Sack him asap and get someone in who knows his arse from his elbow, before it's too late.

Yes but who? All I'm hearing at the moment is "sack him".....and then what? It's OK demanding this decision but the what to do next is even more important. I don't have any bright realistic ideas does anyone else? Di Matteo doesn't get my pulse racing.

Archived