BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

Yes but who? All I'm hearing at the moment is "sack him".....and then what? It's OK demanding this decision but the what to do next is even more important. I don't have any bright realistic ideas does anyone else? Di Matteo doesn't get my pulse racing.

This is my goat really. I don't trust Venkys to do the right thing when replacing, mainly because they have no idea what on earth possibly could be the right thing. Our club is in the hands of ignorance.

I think sack him, but I reiterate, my beef is not with him, but with Venkys for being so ridiculously STUPID.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last 3 posts from inside rovers

Inside_Rover Rovers Safety

I feel sorry for BRFC but you have to think of Venkys too. They have acted on terrible advice.

If you are relegated all assets (Players) will be sold to cover debts / losses and then the club will be sold. No more money for BRFC

Your local paper must be waiting until the morning. They've had Mrs Desai's statement for hours now

So why then, did they not take the advice of a man who has been running the club for many years, who knows how it works from the inside out? They have ruined our club - and for what?

Shameful.

For what it is worth, the names that apparently are/were being considered are/were Benitez, Ranieri and McLaren.

We have had Venky's say they were not after Ronaldinho at about the same time Mrs Desai was recording a Sky interview saying they were making an offer and discussing the prospect of signing him for Rovers. It is a slim chance I suppose that something similar is happening here and what Venky's say is not what Venky's do.

I am clutching at straws I know.

For what it is worth, the names that apparently are/were being considered are/were Benitez, Ranieri and McLaren.

We have had Venky's say they were not after Ronaldinho at about the same time Mrs Desai was recording a Sky interview saying they were making an offer and discussing the prospect of signing him for Rovers. It is a slim chance I suppose that something similar is happening here and what Venky's say is not what Venky's do.

I am clutching at straws I know.

I'm more than happy to clutch at the smallest of straws.

You might want to look in to his coaching cv. You'll see it's quite impressive.

So impressive that he's qualified as a teacher and I hear that he is currently teaching Dunny to do his badges

Coaching qualifications mean naff all.

What 'badges' did the greats such as Busby, Stein, Shankly, Clough have. Absolutely none.

You might want to look in to his coaching cv. You'll see it's quite impressive.

So impressive that he's qualified as a teacher and I hear that he is currently teaching Dunny to do his badges

Keeleys teaching and assessing, he's not managing?

12% backing Kean is significantly higher than I could have imagined.

Any of Ranieri, Benitez or McLaren would be infinitely better than Kean.

I agree they are better than Kean but only McLaren would help our situation in my opinion. The other two have no idea what is needed in a relegation dog fight in the Premier League.

I almost clicked "Back" but as it stands, haven't voted. I don't think it's *certain* we go down if we stick with him and for me it would depend on who we could realistically bring in to replace him. Martin Jol, for example, and I'd bite their hand off. Alan Shearer? Yeah, not so sure.

It is imperative we beat Blackpool at home and I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that will happen even if he's in charge. The dilemma is there's almost no room for maneuver if he doesn't beat the Tangerines, which is almost certainly the end of the line for him were that to happen.

Stick or twist on 17 situation if there ever was one but I find it difficult to advocate sacking him at this point not knowing who could be brought in immediately. Is Benitez and/or Ranieri really the man for a relegation fight on limited resources? McClaren is probably more qualified but he's done more to turn me off football during his England tenure than Allardyce ever did.

Those who excell, teach.

There's no doubt he's an excellent coach, I can't see why people would want to beat him with the non existent "sh:t at coaching" stick

His track record doesn't say that.

What has he achieved ? Promotions, Cup Winners, League Titles, European qualification. Absolutely, IMO, SFA.

Coleman was sacked at least twice on the back of Kean's coaching.

The man, in my opinion, is just so full of bullsh1t.

Archived