BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters Trust

For around the last 12 months, myself and a small group of Rovers fans have been looking to set up a supporters trust at Rovers. There are a couple of links with a bit of info on below, but in short, a Supporters Trust is a formal, democratic and not-for-profit organisation of fans who attempt to strengthen the influence of supporters over the running of the club.

They are cropping up at more and more clubs, the most famous being Man Utd and their green and gold campaign, but there are plenty of others at all levels, with different aims, and differing relationships with and attitudes toward their clubs.

We have had meetings with the necessary people and organisation. Prior to the takeover, we also had a very positive response from the club.

Obviously things have changed dramatically at the club in recent months, and an organisation such as this has become even more important. We have met a few hurdles, and some of the people involved initially in trying to get this off the ground are no longer able to commit to it. Things have slowed down a little, but we are very keen to get moving with it again, and quickly.

I believe it would benefit each and every supporter, and of course would be open to all. At the moment, if anybody would like to be involved with trying to get this off the ground, or is interested in a bit more info, please get in touch - we could do with a few willing people who can give up a bit of time, and any fresh ideas and input are of course more than welcome.

It's an uncertain time for the club. We aren't trying to build a pressure group to take Rovers over. We are trying to ensure we, the supporters, have our voice heard where it matters. We need better communication. We need some answers!

At the end of the day, its our club!

We'll hopefully be holding an informal meeting this coming week, if you'd like to come down, or you'd like any more info, please get in touch at brst@hotmail.co.uk.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/home.asp?reg=engwal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supporters'_trust

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Is this basically BRISA under a different name?

Are there any official links with the club ala the fans forum or not?

I was part of BRISA, in my opinion it fizzled out because the club was being superbly run and the fans were being looked after better then any other set of supporters I can think of.

Now however we MUST have q voice, if a Pompey situation does begin to occur we need to be organised.

So yeah, count me in.

So apt, we need this to happen, so important for us to have a voice. And dare I say it, a group to possibly pick the pieces up if the worst happens.

Any help or support I can give, you have it.

For around the last 12 months, myself and a small group of Rovers fans have been looking to set up a supporters trust at Rovers. There are a couple of links with a bit of info on below, but in short, a Supporters Trust is a formal, democratic and not-for-profit organisation of fans who attempt to strengthen the influence of supporters over the running of the club.

They are cropping up at more and more clubs, the most famous being Man Utd and their green and gold campaign, but there are plenty of others at all levels, with different aims, and differing relationships with and attitudes toward their clubs.

We have had meetings with the necessary people and organisation. Prior to the takeover, we also had a very positive response from the club.

Obviously things have changed dramatically at the club in recent months, and an organisation such as this has become even more important. We have met a few hurdles, and some of the people involved initially in trying to get this off the ground are no longer able to commit to it. Things have slowed down a little, but we are very keen to get moving with it again, and quickly.

I believe it would benefit each and every supporter, and of course would be open to all. At the moment, if anybody would like to be involved with trying to get this off the ground, or is interested in a bit more info, please get in touch - we could do with a few willing people who can give up a bit of time, and any fresh ideas and input are of course more than welcome.

It's an uncertain time for the club. We aren't trying to build a pressure group to take Rovers over. We are trying to ensure we, the supporters, have our voice heard where it matters. We need better communication. We need some answers!

At the end of the day, its our club!

We'll hopefully be holding an informal meeting this coming week, if you'd like to come down, or you'd like any more info, please get in touch at brst@hotmail.co.uk.

http://www.supporters-direct.org/home.asp?reg=engwal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supporters'_trust

Good idea, but how can us who live far away get involved or even be counted.

I would love to get involved but as Pafell says those of us who live far away how is it going to be possible?. Apart from my appearance on saturday week to cheer the team onto 3 vital points?. However if there is anything that I can do from so far away will be willing to get involved and help in whatever way I can and with today's news of Kean's job being safe and the way things are going agree it is now more vital than ever our views are heard.

Thanks to everyone for your responses and emails, it's very heartening to find so many people are behind the idea and eager to be involved.

Things are still in the early stages at the moment. I hope I'll have something a bit more concrete by the end of the week.

I'm very hopeful we can get this off the ground and make a positive difference to the club. I'm also confident this will happen. I'd also like to assure everyone that a Supporters Trust would be completely inclusive wherever you live, and whatever your opinions.

If your interested, have a look at a few of the other clubs Trust's websites. They are well worth a look and will give you an idea of what has been achieved, as well as supporters concerns elsewhere. Man Utd, Rangers, Portsmouth, Exeter and Wrexham are all well worth a look!

Thanks to everyone for your responses and emails, it's very heartening to find so many people are behind the idea and eager to be involved.

Things are still in the early stages at the moment. I hope I'll have something a bit more concrete by the end of the week.

I'm very hopeful we can get this off the ground and make a positive difference to the club. I'm also confident this will happen. I'd also like to assure everyone that a Supporters Trust would be completely inclusive wherever you live, and whatever your opinions.

If your interested, have a look at a few of the other clubs Trust's websites. They are well worth a look and will give you an idea of what has been achieved, as well as supporters concerns elsewhere. Man Utd, Rangers, Portsmouth, Exeter and Wrexham are all well worth a look!

I know when we were setting up BRISA the Man Utd Supporters Trust were very helpful. I don't have contact info any more, but Scotty may have, he was their main contact.

I know when we were setting up BRISA the Man Utd Supporters Trust were very helpful. I don't have contact info any more, but Scotty may have, he was their main contact.

I think you're getting confused with IMUSA [independent manchester united supporters association] Glenn? I set up their appearance at Blues Bar on the BRISA launch night. I do have the contact details for them, but it isn't a trust.

On the subject of trust or supporters association, that was something BRISA considered before we began. IMUSA actually had an input there. Their view was - and we followed it - that it's difficult for a trust to be truly independent. Reason being that if you are sitting on the board, you are bound by their decisions. You actually become part of their decisions and that doesn't always sit nicely with the people you're representing.

Anyway BRST, which ever way you go, good luck. There is a need for supporters to have a voice.

If your taking a list of people interested, please add me in.

As I am aware that there are many supporters who live away from the blackburn area. It maybe a good idea to try to set up supporters clubs in other areas. Even if contacts are only done via email etc. all under the unbrella of the supporters trust.

A trust is a good idea and it's worked wonders at Exeter City, without them there would be no football team. Well that and the United saga, lol.

I realise this is a side track but couldn't really think were else it should go. Does anyone know if Rovers are still running the fans forums? that we used to told about on here???

A trust is a good idea and it's worked wonders at Exeter City, without them there would be no football team. Well that and the United saga, lol.

I realise this is a side track but couldn't really think were else it should go. Does anyone know if Rovers are still running the fans forums? that we used to told about on here???

The last one was in Feb so they are still happening. I think a few people on here mentioned some little bits about it - but the minutes you can find here: http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/FansForum/0,,10303,00.html

They are indeed still happening, at about 8 week intervals. The next one is due on March 28th. Clearly they are going to take on a different form under the new ownership, as we are likely not to be as directly involved in decisions as we were under the old regime when we were meeting the people making the decisions. At the last meeting Tom Finn stated that he was expecting that a rep from Venkys would attend a Forum in the near future and we are on standby to move the date to fit in with a visit from India. Whether this will happen in March though is not yet decided.

The last one was in Feb so they are still happening. I think a few people on here mentioned some little bits about it - but the minutes you can find here: http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/FansForum/0,,10303,00.html

They are indeed still happening, at about 8 week intervals. The next one is due on March 28th. Clearly they are going to take on a different form under the new ownership, as we are likely not to be as directly involved in decisions as we were under the old regime when we were meeting the people making the decisions. At the last meeting Tom Finn stated that he was expecting that a rep from Venkys would attend a Forum in the near future and we are on standby to move the date to fit in with a visit from India. Whether this will happen in March though is not yet decided.

Thanks guys, I was wondering whether the new owners had done away with since I hadn't read anything on here. Glad to see they are still up and running and I'm very keen to hear what gets said should the date be moved for a visit. I may even sneak in the fire exit for that one, lol.

Archived