SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. Save the protests for after the game, or not at all. They won't help.

We can stay up, but the players need us to be behind them.

Roberts:

Training Ground is positive! Everybody behind the Manager and 100% committed to the cause! We will stick together and fight as a Team! about 7 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

Pedersen:

We have not played football the way we want in the past and we have got very poor results in recent games. Therefore we will begin our preparations for the crucial game against Blackpool right now, because we can not waste a single second from now on and we’re going to have to get together and sort it out. I will not say that there is a crisis , but our table situation is not good. And we are going to have to take responsibility for that, because this is not acceptable and we are not supposed to be at the lower bottom half of the table. Not long ago we fought for a place in Europe, and now we have to start looking over the shoulder for the teams behind us. But I’m confident that we are going to reverse this and get us up where we belong

Morten Gamst Pedersen

The players are up for it, so lets get behind them and do what we can for our club.

Starting a new thread on Steve Kean now that Venkys have confirmed he is going nowhere.

If that is definitely the case then someone else has to come into the club.

An experienced Premier League coach with recent, relevant experience is vital. Am I right in thinking Jensen and Bruskill are two next highest managerial staff? Terrifying.

Ray Wilkins is one that comes to me off the top of my head. Highly thought of at Chelsea and their demise coincided with his departure.

He needs to go back to the west brom, liverpool and to a point spurs formula. Although there was lots of room for improvement we looked good. As has been said the chopping and changing of formation, team and tactics has been shocking. We know he won't do it but pick the best 11 and stick with it until the end of the season. Completely agree we need to back the team, the keith andrews style booing just does no good. Support is what is needed as difficult as that may be...

Starting a new thread on Steve Kean now that Venkys have confirmed he is going nowhere.

Time to get behind the team, regardless of thoughts on Kean.

No choice.

I suggest the players need to know we are behind them - even if not behind the manager / owners etc.

One way of doing that is to sing out the players name in turn. Each player may respond by playing better and with more determination.

i just can't support that guy....im sorry to say it but you guys acting all positive are deluded and will be watching championship football next season!

Same here, i feel sorry for the ones that do support him.

He needs to go back to the west brom, liverpool and to a point spurs formula

Both West Brom games were lucky. We could have easily been on the losing side both times if wasn't for a combination of woodwork/Robinson/bad finishing.

Kean needs to work out how to stop gifting teams multiple chances every single game. If that means 4-5-1 then so be it.

i just can't support that guy....im sorry to say it but you guys acting all positive are deluded and will be watching championship football next season!

keeping Rovers in the prem is our priority. Supporters have try to do all they can to acheive that. But last game at home, if the club is safe, Chant Venky's out, Kean out as much as possible. After all the owners may well turn up for the last game.

Both West Brom games were lucky. We could have easily been on the losing side both times if wasn't for a combination of woodwork/Robinson/bad finishing.

Kean needs to work out how to stop gifting teams multiple chances every single game. If that means 4-5-1 then so be it.

We can't bring back Sam but he can bring back the tactics.

So your name's pointless then isn't it?

I understand what you're saying. But Blackburn Rovers Football Club is not Venky's nor is it Steve Kean. It is our club, and for the good of our club we have to support the 11 men on the pitch through thick and thin. I'll be quite honest, I haven't been to a game this season for one reason or another. But i'll be there versus Blackpool, and i'll be willing 'em on. I hope you join me.

In my opinion Rovers will be fine.

The players are together and that counts for alot. For example the Chelsea players rallied for one another a few years back and got to the Champions League Final. This will be a decisive factor in whether you stay up or not.

Another cliché is that you are too good to go down. Hoillet is some player, Salgado,P.Jones, Santa Cruz (Yes I know he hasn't scored but he is a class act.

All you need is two wins, I expect ye to beat Blackpool, it is a vital game but one I think that you have a good chance of winning. The only thing you have to be weary of is the Adam factor, well at least I think he is back for your game.

Fulham were in the same position as yourselves a few years back but we got our win so I know what ye are going through, what is important is that the fans and players stay together regardless of your frustrations with the boardroom and management.

Finally at the risk of "I told you so" moment, I have to say I can't say I am really suprised that things aren't going well for Kean. Quite bloody useless as an assistant at Fulham, I could tell you a few stories but that is another story. If ye stay up, you can quietly shift him out in the summer.

Good luck and keep the faith.

ffan.

No choice.

I suggest the players need to know we are behind them - even if not behind the manager / owners etc.

One way of doing that is to sing out the players name in turn. Each player may respond by playing better and with more determination.

Couldn't agree more, there will be 12 names that must be sung and supported by each and every fan on the 19th- The starting XI and JACK WALKER!

Archived