SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Kean reminds me of David Cameron ..... good press conference, plenty of spin and slick presentation but beneath the surface absolutely nothing of substance.

The country's being run by a lame-duck prime minister and my beloved football club run by a lame-duck manager.

The question is, who will get kicked out first... Kean or Cameron ? .

Kean.

Hopefully he will of watched the blackpool game and realise we need pace out wide and a defence that can compete in the air, olsen simply can't play left back... He is one of our best midfielders but an absolute liability at the back... So many goals have come from his inability to tackle or show people outside!

Kalinic is plainly not good enough IMO.

The key to winning against Blackpool is to defend better, that starts with playing the best back four you have. Hanley has to drop out of the team now - its not fair on the kid. Samba, Nelson, Salgado and Olsson (Givet if wasnt banned).

Play 2 central midfielders and whatever other combination of attacking players around them.

Personally my team would be:

Robbo

Salgado-Nelson-Samba-Olsson

Emerton-NZonzi-Jones-Ped

Hoilett

Santa-Cruz

Regarding Kean, its time to move on and get behind the team. The game against Blackpool is massive for us as a club.

FFan - what stories do you have on Kean?

When Niko has played he's looked very good and is our only striker scoring. Put 2 past Petr Cech at international level a few weeks back.

Roque has done little to cement a spot in my eyes and neither have Pedersen Emerton or Nzonzi. Your team is awfully defensive, weak in midfield and lacking a true attack.

It's your opinion though and I respect it but I think Niko and Santa Cruz could work well against Blackpool.

I think having olsson at midfield is vital. With that being said I think josh morris would be worth a try, seeing as he is the only real left back available.

Does anyone know whether salgado has had experience playing on the left side?

Emerton?

I don't blame Kean for any of this, who wouldn't accept a massive promotion to manage a PL club when you have no prior experience. I blame the idiots advising the owners, they are pulling the strings and unfortunately I think time will tell that giving sam the boot when they did could provide fatal for our PL status, as it did for Newcastle. As for Kean I think hes one bad result away from the chop however its a shame that when he is booted we will be loosing one of the best coaches in the game.

Hopefully Kean will find a team and stick with it soon. All this shifting of tactics and players before matches doesnt work. Diouf and Roberts on top? Probably some of the worst finishers in the league. Stick with Roque and Kalinic on top.

If Phil Jones is fit and ready why not play him at left back. Did a good job there against Villa last season.

Kalinic is plainly not good enough IMO.

How did you manage to work that out? He had plenty of time playing in the wrong system for him under sam, then gets in decent form then gets dropped. He has plenty of ability and it is down to us to use it to our advantage. It would probably help if we had a midfield capable of creating goals through passing or crossing.

I don't blame Kean for any of this, who wouldn't accept a massive promotion to manage a PL club when you have no prior experience. I blame the idiots advising the owners, they are pulling the strings and unfortunately I think time will tell that giving sam the boot when they did could provide fatal for our PL status, as it did for Newcastle. As for Kean I think hes one bad result away from the chop however its a shame that when he is booted we will be loosing one of the best coaches in the game.

Quite right, Kean is not to blame and the vitriol directed at him is uneccessary and pointless. Blame our clueless owners and those that are "advising" them, but NOT AT THE GAME! Get behind the players and the club. There are too many people secretly hoping we get relegated just to prove a point / play one-upmanship / say "I told you so".

You are not fans of Blackburn Rovers, please stay away.

I am sure that i am in the minority when i say this. But i think yesterdays statement was quite refreshing. I think it could actually galvanise the side. The supporters want him out in mass, the media and the bookies were claiming he was a dead man walking, yet the owners stand defiantly and back their man. There is something 'Braveheartish' about it. In a strange way its given me a sense of fight rather than despair. Like we'd be doing it against all the odds. I can't quite explain it. Its a strange sensation.

Like i say, i know i'll be in the minority and i'm quite prepared for the digs likely to come my way. But i feel good! I know the consequences of getting this decision wrong. But if they get it right and we stay up, this could be the most decent and morally sound thing our owners have done.

Edit,

Of course my improved mood could be a result of not coming on here for the best part of 24hrs. It can grind you down reading such despair!

Kean has stuck Niko in the reserves now for tonight. I don't understand why he's been put in there. He's better than Roberts and Diouf. I hope he scores and cements his place for Blackpool.

Niko in the reserves is good for conditioning.

On the other hand, it doesn't change the fact that I have a low opinion of Kean.

All you need is two wins, I expect ye to beat Blackpool, it is a vital game but one I think that you have a good chance of winning. The only thing you have to be weary of is the Adam factor, well at least I think he is back for your game.

. .

Finally at the risk of "I told you so" moment, I have to say I can't say I am really suprised that things aren't going well for Kean. Quite bloody useless as an assistant at Fulham, I could tell you a few stories but that is another story. If ye stay up, you can quietly shift him out in the summer.

I agree that we'll probably be fine. Just barely. From my perspective, Kean and Venkys' judgments have transformed this from a solid top 10 season to I'd be desperately happy to hang on to 17th. I'm disgusted with how the season has gone since Sam was sacked and JW sidelined.

Whoever made the decision to remain with the current manager has not got the best interests of Blackburn Rovers F C at heart. Lets see how long they stick around when the ###### hits the fan.

Rovers will survive. Keep the faith and get behind the players. At this time, however, I feel nothing but contempt for our owners and management team.

If I ever saw a bag of chicken labeled "Venkys" I certainly would not be purchasing it. How they advance their world wide corporate interests following what I believe is a series of recklessly poor decisions I haven't a clue.

Just brought myself to read the press reports.

Everyone of them say that Mrs D was in London over the weekend.

Also interesting that Rafa is heading the betting lists if that is true as well.

For all the definitive nature of the press comments made about Kean's future, the track record of Paul Agnew's spin for Venky's is so poor that anything could be happening, and probably is.

The BBC Radio Pravda production on Steve Kean last week was 100% counter-productive.

Paul Agnew will have to show he can do the basics of PR before he hopes for anything bigger or better.

Just brought myself to read the press reports.

Everyone of them say that Mrs D was in London over the weekend.

Also interesting that Rafa is heading the betting lists if that is true as well.

For all the definitive nature of the press comments made about Kean's future, the track record of Paul Agnew's spin for Venky's is so poor that anything could be happening, and probably is.

The BBC Radio Pravda production on Steve Kean last week was 100% counter-productive.

Paul Agnew will have to show he can do the basics of PR before he hopes for anything bigger or better.

Rafa would be good for Rovers. Better than Kean anyway. In the current situation he would be a good appointment. He is at least a football manager and not a coach. Sadly unlikly as Kean is now running venky's as he appears to be getting Mrs D eating out of his hand. I thought she was better than that, but ......

In Venky's defence the ONLY thing that they have ever been consistent about is their faith in Steve Kean, that continued with the statements yesterday. I agree with Philip the Mrs Desai statement was obviously written by one of the PR people.

Anyhow now that we have definitive statement from the owners RE Steve Kean it is time for everyone to focus on the Blackpool game, as I keep saying it is HUGE in so many ways, so fans have to get behind the team and create a really good atmosphere which hopefully will further galvanise the team.

Archived