BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Being serious now... We, as fans, need to be behind our team 100%. Getting on the players backs, even Andrews, is not going to help anything. As for the manager, well he needs our support as well. At the very least, he doesn't need us to be shouting for his head at kick-off on the 19th. We do have a team that is capable of surviving in the Premier League. I'm not sure we have a manager who can get 40 points in a season for us but we have no choice but to hope that he can get 9 more points this season.

I'll be there shouting and singing supporting my team.

I am sure 99.9% of the fans will do that. But if Blackpool are leading at HT or FT then all bets are off. Kean's record is not good enough, RSC mins in the pitch is not good enough.

I will leave it to SAF to sum up Rovers

"I've never heard of such a stupid decision(BFS sacking in all my life, it's absolutely ridiculous.

"I don't know what they're doing up there but deary me.

"It confounds common sense to be honest with you. Absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't like to follow him!"

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total cobblers - I agree you don't half talk some Rubbish Bryan

Why he drops the only striker we have who is scoring goals? - Allardyce did the same with Roberts and you backed him

Why he takes off the one player who was pegging Fulham back and puts on a raw youngster with the game delicately poised at 2-2 - Hoilett was returning from injury and wouldn't last the whole game

Or maybe, you just can't cope with the idea that we could get rid of Allardyce and actually get someone in who does worse - Allardyce had to go, he was taking us down also

I'll get yer coat :D

When was the last team we looked "excellent"?

First 20 minutes at Wigan

GAV, if you think Allardyce was taking us down then you've lost your mind. 21 points in 17 matches is on track for a 46.9 point season. And that doesn't factor in the winnable run of games coming up before his sacking and the prospect of January spending.

Based performance to date, Kean will be lucky to break 40 points. And that simply isn't good enough.

First 20 minutes at Wigan

And the other 70 minutes? What was the result? It's very well throwing your toys out the pram and calling all those disagree with you spineless Burnley fans, but the fact is the results have been poor to say the least, and we are tumbling down the table.

It would be good to see some flowing, attacking football but when the starting XI against Villa went public, there was only one way they could play-defend at all costs with slow players and leave the striker isolated. I suppose that was Allardyce's fault too. Anyway, with the funding-starved squad we've had, expecting Grella and Andrews to emulate Iniesta and Xavi is asking way to much. Tactics should fit the current squad, not try to shoe-horn players into a tactic (if the manager has any tactical plans).

GAV, if you think Allardyce was taking us down then you've lost your mind.

Did you see us against Utd away?

That performance was on a par with Wigan away under Ince, he had to go.

And the other 70 minutes? What was the result? It's very well throwing your toys out the pram and calling all those disagree with you spineless Burnley fans, but the fact is the results have been poor to say the least, and we are tumbling down the table.

I was asked when the last time I thought we were excellent, first 20 minutes at Wigan, keep up.

Nobodys throwing any toys out of the pram, I've not really posted for weeks, so nobody has really disagreed with me, keep up

So he should have been sacked on the basis of one heavy defeat against an unbeaten side who were top of the league? I'd have thought anyone who follows football knows those freak results happen now and again. In 1992 we beat Norwich 7-1, should Norwich have sacked their manager straight after that game? They certainly wouldn't have finished the season a place above us in 3rd if they had.

I was asked when the last time I thought we were excellent, first 20 minutes at Wigan, keep up.

Nobodys throwing any toys out of the pram, I've not really posted for weeks, so nobody has really disagreed with me, keep up

Have you just come back to wind everyone up then?

Accusing people of supporting other clubs, writing provocative things like "keep up" (twice, for some reason).

People are wound up already, you really don't need to bother.

I did see the game and I also saw the 3-0 win over Wolves the following week which brought three points against a team we might well need to finish above if we are to stay up. While I agree Sam's pragmatic style was not to everyone's taste, I was far happier with him in charge than with the present puppet. Sam knew the games that needed to be won and where it was vital to pick up points. Kean's sad and sorry attempts to entertain are merely underlining how right Sam was to adopt the approach he did with the players available to him. Staying up now requires the players to forget about entertaining - not that much of Kean's football has been entertaining in recent weeks - and grind out results. At some point the penny might drop for Kean and Desai that entertainment means nothing when you're losing matches, facing relegation and with it a possible financial meltdown.

Not falling for that GAV!

You know that we would have been comfortable under Sam. Yes, you couldn't stand the bloke or his style of football- your opinion and you're entitled to it, but don't try and even suggest this mess is anyone else but Venky's/Kean/Kentaro's making.

You still here dingle?

Yeah, where have you been for the last 3 weeks?

It's ironic that someone who claims that Allardyce would have taken Rovers down is a real fan themselves tbh, it's the opinion of an outsider.

You do seem to accuse others of being infiltrators a lot, a case of 'he doth protest too much' maybe?

Having said that you are right to highlight sacking Kean now wouldn't guarantee success, and I'd hope most Rovers fans knew that but the trouble is most people think keeping him would definitely see us relegated.

One poor day at the office does not mean a manager should get the sack.

You've made yourself look very stupid.

Very unlike you Gav.

Your better than to start infighting.

Gav,

I think you have totally lost it here, the point is, we are trying to make pancakes without eggs and milk (well, it is Shrove Tuesday!!)

We have not the personnel to play pretty attacking football through midfield, unless you are thinking we can coach Andrews to be the new Fabrigas, you really have to use the ingredients you have, we had a solid defence and we had Samba as an aerial threat at set pieces, it was not pretty but was effective.

Now here we have an imposter of a manager, shouldnt be there who thinks he can make us play like Barca or Arsenal.

Wenger is as good a coach as you will get in England, when he took over Arsenal, he kept the defence tight, gradually improving the squad but it took him 10 years, our manager thinks he can do it in 10 minutes and with a different side every game, no continuity. With any system, players need to know their roles, with an ever changing one, they dont get to know those roles, result is loss of shape and organisation and thats whats happened, suddenly, Samba, Salgado, Givet and Nelsen look more vulnerable, why? because we are not organised any more and the more I see of Kean, the less I see a manager in the making, he's got worse.

To conclude this discussion, he must have been dodgy whilst at Fulham, I do hope FFAN decides to post on here the stories he alluded to soon, be interesting to know!!

GAV has had a mare!

What are you on about, going down with Allardyce?

Was it our strong home form which made you think that, or our 10th place finish last year?

I wasn't a fan of his style of football, but that is an outrageous comment.

And I asked about the other 70 minutes. Football games tend to last that long so I was implying that 20 minutes of excellent football followed by 70 of dross is pretty unsuccessful and likely to result in a negative result. 20 minutes out of around 11 games is awful.

And how am I to know that you've been away from the site and viewing posts you disagree with, but not got round to posting your anti-Allardyce claptrap? You've been one of Sam's biggest critics, and the last few posts prior to mine show a real waggyish tendency to blame Sam for everything from Lybia to police cuts, and to insult those who disagree with you.

When you're posting rubbish like you have today, some might say castration would improve your eyesight. I wouldn't be so harsh as I am not a 4th rate internet warrior.

What?

So what your saying is that 1 poor day at the office means he should be sacked despite seeing us into a healthy midtable position?

Yet someone who has made us perform consistantly poorly and allowed us twice to concede 4 goals vs relegation rivals (not table toppers) deserves a further chance because he is trying to play nicer football? Give me a break!

They describe insanity as "Doing the same thing and expecting different results", he is driving us all to insanity as we all turn up expecting us to win, when in fact we get slaughtered by average teams. Despite being offered an ultimatium he stays, even Venky's have serious doubts about his capability and soon enough he won't be able to talk his way of out the black hole he is creating.

Steve Kean will be Manager for the Blackpool game. If we lose that, will he be after that, I don't know. If we win, then very good. let's build on that and get to safety before the couple of games!

And I really hope that we will win against Blackpool btw!!!

Then, in the summer, the owners have to do look at manager situation. Whether they bring in a proven manager and back him with money(about 20 million pounds)or leave Kean in charge and trust him to attract the right players for rovers! Would Kean be better if he had a director of football there? just a thought.

BUT He's got to look at his coaching staff for sure and try to get a experience coach on there with PL experience.

We have to appoint a Chairman with a footballing background and I know who I would want!

Also we need to look at sell the deadwood in the squad and buy players who want to play for rovers in the summer!

Steve Kean will be Manager for the Blackpool game. If we lose that, will he be after that, I don't know. If we win, then very good. let's build on that and get to safety before the couple of games!

And I really hope that we will win against Blackpool btw!!!

Then, in the summer, the owners have to do look at manager situation. Whether they bring in a proven manager and back him with money(about 20 million pounds)or leave Kean in charge and trust him to attract the right players for rovers! Would Kean be better if he had a director of football there? just a thought.

BUT He's got to look at his coaching staff for sure and try to get a experience coach on there with PL experience.

We have to appoint a Chairman with a footballing background and I know who I would want!

Also we need to look at sell the deadwood in the squad and buy players who want to play for rovers in the summer!

Chaddy we need you at the UN, the world would be a far better place.

GAV, if you think Allardyce was taking us down then you've lost your mind. 21 points in 17 matches is on track for a 46.9 point season. And that doesn't factor in the winnable run of games coming up before his sacking and the prospect of January spending.

Based performance to date, Kean will be lucky to break 40 points. And that simply isn't good enough.

Another point is "What would Allardyce of done with the same kitty in the transfer window that Kean had?"

I'm not the biggest Allardyce fan at all but I get the feeling we may all of been slightly happier and better positioned had Allardyce been with us and had got his way with signings.

Another point is "What would Allardyce of done with the same kitty in the transfer window that Kean had?"

I'm not the biggest Allardyce fan at all but I get the feeling we may all of been slightly happier and better positioned had Allardyce been with us and had got his way with signings.

Think Allardyce would have bought players that would have played by now. Think he would have us into the top 8 this season!

Do kean choose the players we signed or did somebody else choose them!

The signings we made so apart from JJ playing. RSC had been injured since he came back to us. The 2 young players haven't played so far apart from Ruben 10 mins about Fulham. so bacisally we got the same squad as we had under Sam Allardyce!

Fickle world indeed however presume you have viewed where we are in the table and the form guide?

If you are looking at Kean's record alone, the abysmal results speak for themselves – however other important aspects of football management should also be taken into account - he did not have to sell any players in January plus was able to recruit.

The transfer window, and his dealings, can be summarised as woeful – none of his signings have made any positive impact yet IMO - of course they may come good in time however you would have hoped one of them could have made a greater impact (other clubs have made some decent signings Wolves and West Ham for example).

All these factors and many more illustrate he is completely out of his depth as a Premier League manager.

All I'm saying is lets get behind the team, they arent going to sack Kean now, the players are behind him, we need to back them and hope we stay up, then we can hopefully look for alternatives with experience.

Not sure about that, he did want RSC just like Kean. His transfer dealings as manager overall had been poor.

Archived