BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

Just seen it again and if Webb isn't reprimanded for that decision the whole system is corrupt.

Also Adam is a cretin I just can't understand his reaction to his goal.

Alas I have an awful feeling that I can. I was standing amongst a group of Blackpool supporters when their team coach arrived, and when the players got off Adam started signing autographs for some of them. One woman in the crowd shouted out "come on Charlie... we NEED a win" and straight away I shouted back "you're not going to get one". Adam just shot me a really baleful glare and then went in with the other players. Could that be the reason he was apparently so fired up?

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alas I have an awful feeling that I can. I was standing amongst a group of Blackpool supporters when their team coach arrived, and when the players got off Adam started signing autographs for some of them. One woman in the crowd shouted out "come on Charlie... we NEED a win" and straight away I shouted back "you're not going to get one". Adam just shot me a really baleful glare and then went in with the other players. Could that be the reason he was apparently so fired up?

Really, Fife. A respectable elderly citizen like yourself should know better. The guy coming back after injury always scores against Rovers anyway, even if he's never scored in his life before, but you shouldn't have given him any encouragement

it was believed at the time......by who?

I know his agent and I can confirm you are way off the mark on this one.

I thought Oyston agreed the fees for players in and out of Blackpool and not Adams' agent !

The most offensive post I've ever read here.......

I hope one of you and yours die before the next game, hence you don't subject us to your pathetic presence.............

I've just had a think about this in case my post is inappropriate...............

NAAHH>>>>>>>>>>>FLEURK OFF AN' NEVER DARKEN THIS PLACE AGAIN YOU MISERABLE BARSTEWARD......

GOD YOU ARE A PATHETIC MISERABLE QUERUNTLER>>>>>>>>>

Thank the mods that I cannot post what I really think about you

Bit excessive that, Tashor.

My objection to his post has disappeared. Dark forces are at work.

I think that the offending post got removed, and because a couple of people had quoted it they got removed too.

You don't know that's the case at all so why say it?

You do however make an excellent point about the linesperson If referees have been instructed by the PL to send us down, why disallow two extremely tight (but correct) offside decisions?

Spoiled my fun, damn I'll have to come up with something else now :D

I think the lady was talking rubbish and if I were you I'd ring up and check again - they can always swap tickets for you. I know there are seats empty up there because if i went to Ewood and asked for tickets for other family members near ours, I'd get them 100% sure.

There was plenty of room up there on Saturday. If the ticket office assistant is reluctant to sell those tickets I'd want to know why - you've youngsters with you so no excuse. (ask for Christine if problems).

Tony Parkes told me personally, no argument on that score at all, he recommended Adam to Rovers, absolutely 100% spot on that one.

I was referring to the 5M as a price blackpool were happy with.

His agent knew that 5M was nowhere near enough for him to leave.

I thought Oyston agreed the fees for players in and out of Blackpool and not Adams' agent !

He does. But players agents know exactly how much the clubs want to receive for their players.

He does. But players agents know exactly how much the clubs want to receive for their players.

My information is that we could have had him at the beginning of the window for £5m.

I might be wrong here but others on this MB, including Nicko, were saying that that was too much at the time!

If the agent knew otherwise, why on earth would Brum & Villa make bids in the £2 to £3 million range. Surely, as things work, they would have at least asked Adam's agent the question as to whether he'd consider moves to either and at that point the agent would be telling them what bid was needed!

I'm pretty damm sure that I've got this right.

Let's just beg to differ and leave it at that.

Incidentally while we are on this - what have Rangers got against talented players? Couldn't believe we got Tugay off them for virtually nothing, and they seem to have pushed Adam out the door who looks the most technically capable Scotsman in decades.

Posted 7 minutes ago

funny-old-game

Posted Yesterday, 07:05 PM

Even in the 70' and 80's when we had no money and we went to places like Halifax, Rotherham, Grimsby, Hereford on the League liner, you knew your club was run by passionate football people such as Bill Fox and Bill Bancroft who only had the clubs best interests at heart, but now we are not owned by passionate people, but run by a group of people that haven't got a clue about owning a football club and what that entails, and agent getting their grubby paws on what ever money they can!

roversmum, on 21 March 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Then it's up to us to make it our club again. It's still Blackburn Rovers after all. I do understand what you mean, Kelbo, but it's time for a change of mind-set. We cannot change what has happened but it's a bit lily-livered of us to give up on the club we love.

And I, for one, have no intention of it.

I agree, so what can we do about it, we need to get people involved and really let this lot know we are not going to just lie down and accept are fate, any suggestions.

As the saying goes

"For evil to prosper all it needs is for good people to do nothing"

Posted 7 minutes ago

funny-old-game

Posted Yesterday, 07:05 PM

Even in the 70' and 80's when we had no money and we went to places like Halifax, Rotherham, Grimsby, Hereford on the League liner, you knew your club was run by passionate football people such as Bill Fox and Bill Bancroft who only had the clubs best interests at heart, but now we are not owned by passionate people, but run by a group of people that haven't got a clue about owning a football club and what that entails, and agent getting their grubby paws on what ever money they can!

roversmum, on 21 March 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Then it's up to us to make it our club again. It's still Blackburn Rovers after all. I do understand what you mean, Kelbo, but it's time for a change of mind-set. We cannot change what has happened but it's a bit lily-livered of us to give up on the club we love.

And I, for one, have no intention of it.

I agree, so what can we do about it, we need to get people involved and really let this lot know we are not going to just lie down and accept are fate, any suggestions.

As the saying goes

"For evil to prosper all it needs is for good people to do nothing"

It's like getting spam mail, this post appearing everywhere...

Incidentally while we are on this - what have Rangers got against talented players? Couldn't believe we got Tugay off them for virtually nothing, and they seem to have pushed Adam out the door who looks the most technically capable Scotsman in decades.

Beats me too..... they even allowed us to nick Amoruso off em!

I make no apologies for trying to save our club from this useless lot that own us, or don't you think are club is worth the effort!

Spamming the entire board with this post isn't going to save the club is it?

Oh and questioning my loyalty to my club because I object to you spamming the site with this pointless post is completely out of order imo.

If you can't call on your senior players (and captain) to rally the troops, who can you?

That's what they're there for and it's about time they stood up and be counted.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got home from yesterdays game (we stayed the night and went to some outlet place in Fleetwood before heading home to sussex),

The highlight of my morning after a four hour drive up and arriving at Ewood quite early, was a ten minute chat with John Williams who was attending his first game back at Ewood, have to say what a nice guy he was and taking the time to talk to my eldest and i between ground and car park, he came across as a passionate motivated and enthusiastic supporter of our club, a true gent who i couldnt help but think what we may have lost there (I have read everything about him, but its kinda hard to get a real opinion till you meet them imo).

Had a similar chat with Gally before the game as well, who was sure we would do well depending which rovers turned up (with hindsight, perhaps he was hoping for Bristol).

We were seated in the lower JW stand on the darwen side (never been on that side before), and i have to say the people around us were of an age who really didnt wish to be around kids or any football fan that wished to make any form of noise above a gentle clap for fear of making them into dropping there sanotgen or wake them up from there daily nap.

They scowled and moaned whenever one of my three kids cheered or shouted, they moaned if any of them stood up (my youngest is 6, my eldest 12 and there hardly tall) and generally it had all the atmosphere of a dentists waiting room without the decent reading nmaterial - which i sadly missed for most of the first half after we went 2-0 down. It did seem really strange and frankly massive pathetic to be completely out clapped and outsung by the blackpool crowd, and the loudest noise we heard from any rovers fan nearby was on the opposite side of the ground, i do find it rather odd that people go to a game to sit, stay quiet and show all the passion of a dead fish, but then to scowl, moan, poke and snipe at people who did any of those things i found downright pathetic, if you want to sit with your travelling rug, tuc biscuits enjoying a nice cuppa in abject silence why go to a live game instead of watching quincy on tv :s

Bizarelly they all came to life mid way through the first half when we were 2-0 down not to encourage but to do a bit more winging and moaning, or perhaps the collostomy bags were full and it was all the sloshing i could hear..

In truth leading up to half time i was sorely tempted to set off on the 4 hour drive home, heads were down on the pitch, lots of head shaking, shoulder shrugging and generally quite a bit of sulking and they just seemed lost and devoid of any on or off pitch leadership, the collective groaning and moaning i heard at half time i did think was the result of a load of old dears trying to stretch there joints, but i was reliably informed we were boo'd off - neither surprised me.

The second half started a lot better than the first ended (thankfully), i could almost hear the blackburn end shouting (i think the derby and joan club day trip in the lower jw had all turned there hearing aids off by this point so even they looked blissful after they had helped themselves to the ale samples in the concourse) and it appeared we may have been in a football ground instead of a morgue, it was at this point that Steve Keane decided to try and confuse the hell out of me with what appeared to be some bizarre substitutions, whilst i love the idea of home town boy done good coming back from injury, the thought of replacing a midfielder for a centre half when your 2-0 down seemed bizarre to say the least, and the cynic in me did wonder if this was purely a crowd pleasing move to get them back on Keane's side and get some home crowd brownie points.

I thought Nzonzi had a total stinker and could see why he was subbed, he seems to be having eyesight issues and can barely pass to a rovers player, though personally some more attacking options were called for but instead we got Jason Roberts, he reminds me of the big bad wolf, he huffs, he puff but he rarely brings the house down, in fact I was certain he even blocked a goal bound effort with his own backside just before the Blackpool line – certainly looked that way for me, will check on the <cough> highlights.

Diouf is the most ineffective rovers forward ive seen for.. Well I was going to say for ages, but then ti remember also watching di santo and grabbi, so lets just say he is in a similar mould to those two, and the sooner he is sent packing the better, the only united shirt that lads ever going to wear is probably a Scunthorpe one. He runs a lot, normally at the wrong time and offside, he falls over a lot and has the first touch of a birch hall avenue council house, it hits him and bounces off twenty yards.

Rocky also seemed somewhat distant, and at some point he is either going to have to actually try and put a shift in, hopefully before his good reputation is in danger of being ruined by this bloke who stands around not doing very much – although he wasn’t blessed with much to do anything with.

Pedersen's arrival was also rather odd, on one hand someone who could perhaps deliver a decent ball, the odd free kick or long throw was welcome, though his work and movement rate was about the same as the nursing home support around me, perhaps that’s why they loved him so much, maybe he pops in with biscuits for some dunking on a Friday. Or maybe as he is bench warming his own attitude has taken a knock and he's reacting not by showing what he can do, but by the footballing equivalent of showing keane two fingers, im not sure which it is, but sadly neither does Steve Keane I think.

I shall end this rather sarcastic late night (not much sleep was had this weekend) by just adding that I really do think Steve Keane is tactically inept, and managerially incapable at this level, his formations are confusing the players, his squad selections are strange (what has nzonzi done recently to keep his place?) and his substitutions are just bizarre.

Despite not wanting to at half time, I did find myself buying tickets for the Brum game (already have my Arsenal tickets) but the only seats I could get where the exact same ones as yesterdays game noooooooooooooooooooooooo – ill take a travelling rug so I blend in, and maybe some digestives to hand out for more dunking with Blackburn'n newest open air retirement home in the lower JW.

Good that you didn't keep the same seats for the Birmingham game....................

Archived