BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Save it for Red Nose Day. :glare:

On topic, apparently Holloway went on a romantic break with his wife and spent most of the night watching DVDs of Blackburn's last few games. Uh oh. Wonder if there's any chance our erstwhile Manager has carried out a similar exercise with Blackpool DVDs? One can always hope, I suppose ...

Hope you enjoyed your lie-in :P

Reading further down the Holloway's Independent column he goes onto talk about missing out on a chat with Ancelotti after their match with Chelsea. He goes onto say

"My skipper Charlie Adam is back for next week's game with Blackburn but I still might stick with the same system because I thought we looked more solid.

We were tighter to the opposition in midfield and we won the ball a lot more easily than we have in other games. Maybe we have been a bit too open previously.

It's something for me to think about but whatever system I go with, rest assured my priority is still attacking and entertaining."

Tactical nous or doubt starting to kick in??

Reading further down the Holloway's Independent column he goes onto talk about missing out on a chat with Ancelotti after their match with Chelsea. He goes onto say

Tactical nous or doubt starting to kick in??

Nothing more than mind games ahead of them playing us- he knows Rovers were desperate to sign Adams in this last window so he's playing a will he won't he over his selection and formation.

Holloway isn't everyone's cup of tea but what he has achieved at Blackpool is fantastic.

Let's face it, he does have a track record and achievements to his name in stark contrast to Mr Kean.

I hope we hammer Blackpool but for goodness sake, Holloway merits respect and I do wish that he was in charge of us rather than Kean!

Really mate? I wouldn't have guessed! The 3 gazzillion posts in every single thread were just a wee bit ambiguous but I think I'm starting to get the message now! ;)

I can't believe, how some are bending over for Holloway. Yes, he has them playing good football, and got them to the PL, but apart from that what? They are just as much in trouble as us, perhaps even more so. Our squad should and I stress should be good enough to drag us to safety. Its more up to the players, than Kean, because we know Kean is useless anyway. The players need to take the bull by the horns, and ensure that we get over the finish line.

Iceman, look at Blackpool's squad. Charlie Adam aside, it's utter garbage and was assembled for pennies.

Sometimes you can get less technically gifted players and have them play physical, direct football to good effect. But to get the team that Holloway has to play attractive, passing, attacking football is quite remarkable. There also seems to be a really good team spirit and they'll take anybody on and give them a game.

They're a breath of fresh air, Holloway is a likeable bloke, and I really hope that we both stay in the league.

I can't believe, how some are bending over for Holloway. Yes, he has them playing good football, and got them to the PL, but apart from that what?

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

Now, this week is over, and it is time we begin to focus on the important match against Blackpool. This week we have trained really hard since we had no game this weekend. And it’s not yet too late for us to save this season and end up among top ten, but it requires that we shape up and start playing football like we know we can. But it requires that we all stand together, and that goes for ALL involved in Blackburn Rovers, from owners to manager, coaches, players and supporters. So next week I want us all to focus on the positive things in the club. I realize of course that people are frustrated by the recent games, and it is absolutely your right as supporters to speak out when things do not work properly. But it is not long ago since we gave Liverpool a leasson in football, and together we can get us to that level again.

Morten Gamst Pedersen

--

Well, I'm glad the people at the club aren't as fretful as some of those on here.

A win here would be a giant step on the road to recovery.

Now, this week is over, and it is time we begin to focus on the important match against Blackpool. This week we have trained really hard since we had no game this weekend. And it’s not yet too late for us to save this season and end up among top ten, but it requires that we shape up and start playing football like we know we can. But it requires that we all stand together, and that goes for ALL involved in Blackburn Rovers, from owners to manager, coaches, players and supporters. So next week I want us all to focus on the positive things in the club. I realize of course that people are frustrated by the recent games, and it is absolutely your right as supporters to speak out when things do not work properly. But it is not long ago since we gave Liverpool a leasson in football, and together we can get us to that level again.

Morten Gamst Pedersen

--

Well, I'm glad the people at the club aren't as fretful as some of those on here.

A win here would be a giant step on the road to recovery.

We saw the same rhetoric when they came back from their week in Dubai. Yeah that break really helped... :rolleyes:

4-1 Rovers, the turning point.

I really hope so. A win might restore a bit of confidence.

One thing that everybody is saying about this game is that Olsson should play further forward and NOT at left full back, so what will the useless scottish ###### do ?

I hope he won't cripple the squad's offensive capabilites by sticking Olsen back on defense. I'd rather play 3 in the back with 2 defensive midfielders in support than lose Olsen on the wing.

We understimate Blackpool at our peril and an interesting thought - how many of our supporters would swop Kean for Holloway ! I've met Holloway at a couple of events and he's, IMO, intelligent and shrewd - more to him than meets the eye.

I'd take Holloway in a second. He's off center a bit, but he's also a proper manager.

It would be a massive risk, surely, to play Jones as he has been out for a few months - plus he can't be near the required level of match fitness/sharpness.

I'd be careful about introducing P. Jones too soon or demanding too much. Maybe on the sub bench? Give him 15-30 minutes toward the end of the match.

Time for the players to take control, as they did at Everton in Inces first game.

They are the ones that can have the biggest impact on the way they play.

Ryan Nelsen, if you read this, you and the team will give us supporters a resounding win.

There seems to be several things Kean must not do for this game from the fans in general, that being...

1. Olsson plays further forward and not left back

2. Andrews is removed from the first team as he divides us when we need unity.

3. the diamond formation is scrapped.

I think it's a game we'll win. We have a far superior squad and providing the lads have got their act together and approach the game with enthusiasm coupled with discipline, we should have no problems.

I think it's a game we'll win. We have a far superior squad and providing the lads have got their act together and approach the game with enthusiasm coupled with discipline, we should have no problems.

Funnily enough I was just thinking exactly the same.

Of course it's a game that we should win. On paper as Den said we have by far the superior team. They however have a canny Manager (unlike us) whose team would love nothing more than to get one over their successful rivals.

It's all well and good Roberts saying that the players are fired up and all fully behind Kean. Well go on and prove that to us on Saturday Jas.

Heart says 3-1 win, head says scrappy draw. Massive, massive game.

got my tickets through this morning, its a massively over used word around these parts but I'd label this one a 'must win' I hope lessons have been learnt by mr kean although I dont blame him for the loss at fulham, a point there (what the result should have been) would have been deserved in my opinion, still annoys me now andy johnson going down like hes been shot every time the wind blows!

kean must let roberts and andrews nowhere near the starting lineup!

• Backroom

A good start here is crucial, the longer we go without scoring the edgier the fans will get and that may start to show on the pitch.

I'd be tempted to play rochina along with Niko for the unknown quantity. Playing olsson on the wing is also needed

Archived