BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who takes responsibility?

yeah I see your point OOJW but as TP said this morning Relegation would cripple us we need to get behind the team to see that relegation does not happen then re-assess in the summer. All the negativity does not help our team,yes mistakes have been made even the owners have admitted to having concerns about recent results. However getting a new manager in with 9 games to go represents more of a risk. All these questions can be asked after the season has finished but for now all we can do is support the team we all claim to love in 2 weeks including me to a much needed 3 points against the tangerines & a sucessful league double.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So because all of this was clear from day one, and me and other posters had the foresight to see that whilst you didn't, that makes you 'level headed' does it. Denying an obvious problem and hoping for the best as you were doing was not being "level headed"."

I don't think there are many on here who could be accused of blind optimism over the take over. The problem has always been that those who knew more than others about our new owners and what was going on at the club were only able/willing to post vague hints that might have been understandable to others in the know but not to the majority of us. Add to that that some who were in the know went overboard on doom and gloom but offered little in the way of fact or proof, and many preferred to hope that things would work out because, naive or not, we could not understand how succesful business people would allow matters to deteriorate at the club to a point where any investment they made would be wasted and the aim they obviously had of growing their brand awareness would go with it.

Venky's have been guilty of huge amounts of naivety in the way they have allowed outside influences to rid them of the support and guidance they could have received from the current staff at Ewood. If, once they knew the business they had decided to get rid of senior staff, we could have understood. They are not directly responsible for results - some of that responsibility lies with the players, a huge amount with the manager, some with the person who persuaded the owners that this manager, who I and many others wanted to see succeed because that was success for rovers, was up to the job.

Apportioning blame is never easy because it's rarely one person's fault. Even the natural scapegoat of Mr Anderson is not totally to blame. Surely more important now is, given the position we are in, who is going to have the courage to step up and get us out of it. We, the fans, who care most, can't do much other than get behind our team on the pitch and try to encourage them to play their socks off. And that is the single most frustrating thing about the situation.

Jerome Anderson must take alot of blame.

The Fact is Venky's have spent millions on buying us. They didn't know alot about the game or its aspects and DID do the right thing in wanting an advisor. Unfortunatly they picked a black sheep. Agents are proberly the most hated people in the game by managers, fans, coaches, directors etc. They never inspire thier clientss to remain loyal and demand money from the club for transfers when in fact its the players who should be giving agents money not the club. John Williams knew his time at Blackburn was coming to an end and in reality Venkys should of looked to John for advice until the summer when he proberly would have left. Sacking Allarydce only pushed Williams further out the door.

So long and short of it, Jerome Anderson has advised Venky's badly, Venky's have made some wrong decisions but no one is perfect. The sooner Venkys bring in an experienced Chairman to replace John the better and im sure when that happens Anderson's role will deminish. Stay away from Peter Risdale and Paul Duffen, the later in which a good friend on mine is related to and dispises the man.

I personally think we will stay up this year, just, along with 10 other teams who are in exactly the same position. people have to realise its not just us in this situation fighting to surive, thier are 10 other teams who are nervous. As fans when match day comes, stop the critisism and back the team!, times like this we have to make as much noise as we can from the stands to help the team. think back to last season against Chelsea when we drew 1-1 at home. by all means voice concerns during the week but like Parkes said today we have to unite.

Jerome Anderson must take alot of blame.

The Fact is Venky's have spent millions on buying us. They didn't know alot about the game or its aspects and DID do the right thing in wanting an advisor. Unfortunatly they picked a black sheep. Agents are proberly the most hated people in the game by managers, fans, coaches, directors etc. They never inspire thier clientss to remain loyal and demand money from the club for transfers when in fact its the players who should be giving agents money not the club. John Williams knew his time at Blackburn was coming to an end and in reality Venkys should of looked to John for advice until the summer when he proberly would have left. Sacking Allarydce only pushed Williams further out the door.

So long and short of it, Jerome Anderson has advised Venky's badly, Venky's have made some wrong decisions but no one is perfect. The sooner Venkys bring in an experienced Chairman to replace John the better and im sure when that happens Anderson's role will deminish. Stay away from Peter Risdale and Paul Duffen, the later in which a good friend on mine is related to and dispises the man.

I personally think we will stay up this year, just, along with 10 other teams who are in exactly the same position. people have to realise its not just us in this situation fighting to surive, thier are 10 other teams who are nervous. As fans when match day comes, stop the critisism and back the team!, times like this we have to make as much noise as we can from the stands to help the team. think back to last season against Chelsea when we drew 1-1 at home. by all means voice concerns during the week but like Parkes said today we have to unite.

Then Venkys didn't do the necessary research did they before relying on Anderson?

Who is to blame ? obvious The Rao family!

No money, not a clue, and no idea, shame on them, their credibility is almost shot at in the UK. Though they have one last chance to redeem themselves but will they be able to utilise that one last chance to theirs and our advantage?

Another pointless thread really. Blame culture rarely helps anyone. I guess JA has acted in a capacity which is the most objectionable, but i think all the other parties have acted with good intentions. A good run of form from now until the end of the season and we're back to square one surely? New owners trying to implement their ideas on the club. Everyone makes mistakes. Even dear old Uncle Jack made a few. God rest his soul.

By the way, i think the Nicko remarks are a little uncalled for. He said the whole way through the takeover that sacking Sam could be suicide. And his comments about Kean were mostly based on 1st impressions.

They must have money, they spent £40 million plus on the club. The thing that annoys me is that I don't know what they are thinking, what they want to achieve. Everything seems to be a secret and they have very little knowledge, so yes they are to blame.

I bought a failing business in 2005. I tried to make it work but failed. I knew what I was buying and the risks involved. Perhaps the previous owners are actually to blame for selling to me?Who Takes Responsibility?No decision will have been taken without the Venky's involvement and say so.They chose the agents they trusted and wished to work with.They then acted on advice given and removed the previous manager and his support staff.They then acted on advice given and chose their new manager.They then acted on advice given and chose their assistant manager.They then acted on advice given and removed the chairman.They then acted on advice given and released funds for the players chosen by the agents and manager they had selected.They have subsequently watched us plummit down the league table.The pathetic PR, poor management, poor decision making, poor appointments, to ridiculous marquee signings, to the removal of quality individuals within the club, to poor use of available funds, to the current leage table and position....the Venky's have done absolutely NOTHING but cause unnecessary ridicule, confusion and uncertainty within the club. This is reflected in performances and results and leage placings.I am amazed at their stupidity. I am amazed at their naivety. Their lack of class appalls me. I want my Rovers back.

totallt agree with this. Furthermore, you ventured in and took huge risk, as you knew it was failing, venkys didnt buy a failure, but made it one themselves.

They must have money, they spent £40 million plus on the club. The thing that annoys me is that I don't know what they are thinking, what they want to achieve. Everything seems to be a secret and they have very little knowledge, so yes they are to blame.

secrecy i dont see as a problem, but as a necessity. What scares me is, that eventhough they had a masterplan in place, it still seems quite impulsive.

Who is to blame ? obvious The Rao family!

No money, not a clue, and no idea, shame on them, their credibility is almost shot at in the UK. Though they have one last chance to redeem themselves but will they be able to utilise that one last chance to theirs and our advantage?

How do you know they have no money? I'm not disputing what your saying but surely you must be able to back it considering that they have many other businesses and put up millions to buy BRFC!!

Ultimately I partition the blame to the former owners of the club, it was them who sold Rovers to Venkys.

It was THEM who started this whole sorry situation off by selling us to the most unprepared and unsuitable candidate to take on the role as an owner of a fully fledged and stable Premier League football club.

Personally speaking the sellers, due to their affinity with the club & the legacy that they were entrusted to, have to take some responsibility for not doing enough due diligence. However, as most people have said whatever happened to the club from the day it was bought is directly controlled by/caused by the owners. Nevertheless, despite all the steps taken by the owners, if our manager was a bit more adept at doing his job, we would arguably not be having this conversation for a while yet. Enough blame to go around for me.

Personally speaking the sellers, due to their affinity with the club & the legacy that they were entrusted to, have to take some responsibility for not doing enough due diligence. However, as most people have said whatever happened to the club from the day it was bought is directly controlled by/caused by the owners. Nevertheless, despite all the steps taken by the owners, if our manager was a bit more adept at doing his job, we would arguably not be having this conversation for a while yet. Enough blame to go around for me.

To a degree you are correct but I would not be expecting people like that to tell so many lies, if they told the same lies to the Trust and the Premier League that they have told the media etc since, I couldnt blame them, I believed them when they said they would keep the management of the club the same, I believed them when they said they were signing this player and that player, only to find out they hadnt even bid for them, I believed them when they said they were looking for an experienced manager to replace Sam only for them to put the yes man in charge for 3 months, then for no reason, he gets a 3 year contract. I believed them when they said Mrs D was never in London at the weekend only to find evidence that she most definately was!!

So yes for being so contrdictory, for treating our supporters as complete idiots, for employing Jerome Anderson!! Indeed it is they who are stupid and along with Anderson must take the blame for this shambles

It's quite somple really: The total responsibility for everything that has happened to Blackburn Rovers FC since the Venkys completed the purchase from the Walker Trust is 100% with the Venkys. End of.

However although that is the de facto legal position and no arguments, I can speculate to myself (and so can anyone else) that there may also be a legal case for the Venkys to explore in the direction that they were given very bad advice in many areas by the paid advisors which they had every right t to expect correct advice from and to be able to trust. But that is only speculation and again is a matter for the Venkys to seek advice on; ....only this time from their legal team.

Not sure you can sue someone for giving you bad advice, it'd be like suing a bookmaker for losing a bet they said was 'odds on'. I'm sure most consultancy businesses would have some kind of protection to stop them being sued if there advice is acted on and doesn't yield positive results.

Having said that isn't the official line that Venky's are happy with SEM?

It's quite somple really: The total responsibility for everything that has happened to Blackburn Rovers FC since the Venkys completed the purchase from the Walker Trust is 100% with the Venkys. End of.

I place at least half the blame at Kean's door.

Not because he isn't very good, he can't help that. What he can help is bullshitting his way into the job, feeding these nonsense ideas Venky's had that £5 million could break the top six. I don't believe for a minute that Kean thought it was possible, but he had to say it to get job.

He preyed on the naivety of Venky's to further himself, lying in the process.

Everybody seems to be talking as if they know exactly what advice was given to the owners? Do we? If Nicko is correct Anderson actually advised against sacking Sam at the time.

If this is true, would this not demonstrate Venky's acting against advice given?

The buck stops with them. End of.

Ultimately I partition the blame to the former owners of the club, it was them who sold Rovers to Venkys.

It was THEM who started this whole sorry situation off by selling us to the most unprepared and unsuitable candidate to take on the role as an owner of a fully fledged and stable Premier League football club.

Totally agree. I still cannot understand why the Walker Trust was so uninterested in the Rovers. Owning an EPL club & the status it brings, plus using it to promote your own business etc. is surely worth the money. What are they going to do now with the money saved? Give themselves bigger bonuses, buy bigger villas or what? Actually I never understood who the trustees are, who are these individuals who signed away the Rovers.

I don't really blame Venkeys I think they at least want the Rovers to do well but otherwise haven't got the foggiest how to achieve it. Anyway we are not finished yet.

I place at least half the blame at Kean's door.

Not because he isn't very good, he can't help that. What he can help is bullshitting his way into the job, feeding these nonsense ideas Venky's had that £5 million could break the top six. I don't believe for a minute that Kean thought it was possible, but he had to say it to get job.

He preyed on the naivety of Venky's to further himself, lying in the process.

Venkys hired Kean, its their shout

Honestly, I blame Kean more.

He took advantage of their naivety to get the job. He fed their delusions that £5 million per season could crack the top six. No doubt he doesn't believe it himself, but he wouldn't have the job if he didn't say it.

Venky's are obviously clueless but their intentions are good. They want us to be successful, they wanted a manager who would play better football. They've ballsed up trying to achieve both of those, but Kean has been vindictive and calculating in pushing himself into a job he's not capable of at the expense of the club.

Honestly, I blame Kean more.

He took advantage of their naivety to get the job. He fed their delusions that £5 million per season could crack the top six. No doubt he doesn't believe it himself, but he wouldn't have the job if he didn't say it.

Venky's are obviously clueless but their intentions are good. They want us to be successful, they wanted a manager who would play better football. They've ballsed up trying to achieve both of those, but Kean has been vindictive and calculating in pushing himself into a job he's not capable of at the expense of the club.

But who is the more foolish, the fool who leads or the fool who follows the fool?

I think the whole situation is a big poop and lettuce sandwich that we have to finish. I will be there for every bite, but I know it will not be pleasant and it will leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

I will cheer the team, but I will never be able to look at Kean without distaste. Call me a @#/? if you wish, but there it is.

But who is the more foolish, the fool who leads or the fool who follows the fool?

True.

Perhaps I've confused 'responsibility' with 'blame'. Ultimately it will have to be Venky's responsibility since they made the decisions. I blame Kean though.

• Moderation Lead

Everybody seems to be talking as if they know exactly what advice was given to the owners? Do we? If Nicko is correct Anderson actually advised against sacking Sam at the time.

If this is true, would this not demonstrate Venky's acting against advice given?

The buck stops with them. End of.

The same Nicko that told us we 'could be on to a good one here with Kean', then has subsequently gone missing co-inciding with our dip in form?

At any rate, bad advice or not, inexplicably bad decisions have been made and I can only hope we stay in the PL and re-evaluate everything at the end of the season.

I for one, will continue to support BRFC, and BRFC alone regardless! COYB

I think the whole situation is a big poop and lettuce sandwich that we have to finish. I will be there for every bite, but I know it will not be pleasant and it will leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

No need to post that at lunch time. My sandwich has just been binned :(

Archived