BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ok, my middle name's 'unlucky.' Five visits to Old Trafford for the Grand Final, five defeats.

Disappointed, yes but all you can ask is for your team to play well and give their all. They did that and it could have gone either way. In fact the last two visits to Old Trafford could have gone either way. That little bit of bad or good luck can often be the difference. I'll definitely be looking at Leeds' second try again though, more than a hint off a knock on and they certainly had enough looks at it on the big screen.

Ok, my middle name's 'unlucky.' Five visits to Old Trafford for the Grand Final, five defeats.

Disappointed, yes but all you can ask is for your team to play well and give their all. They did that and it could have gone either way. In fact the last two visits to Old Trafford could have gone either way. That little bit of bad or good luck can often be the difference. I'll definitely be looking at Leeds' second try again though, more than a hint off a knock on and they certainly had enough looks at it on the big screen.

The last 3 games Leeds have had big decisions go their way in each of the games.

The second try was a definite knock-on, and at a pretty crucial time, however the longer the game went on, the more devoid of ideas Wigan seemed to have. The narrowness of the ingoal area needs addressing at old trafford, it doesn't make for a centre-piece finale.

I realise this thread seems to be mainly a Wigan love fest, but as a Rhinos fan I salute a remarkable achievement in winning the treble. The sad part is the legends Peacock and Sinfield will be sorely missed, how do you replace that experience?

It could be the last silverware we win for a while, but what a way to finish.

I realise this thread seems to be mainly a Wigan loveliest....

It's not really a lovefest, Simon, it's just that originally coming from Darwen, I have always been a believer in supporting my local team, be that association football or rugby league football. Wigan are that.

Yes, I also salute Leeds' achievements this season. They are a great side and I suppose with Peacock and Sinfield leaving it was written in the stars that the treble was on. I have a lot of time for Jamie Peacock. A really nice bloke and a learned one at that in addition to one at the top of his game for so long.

Fixtures are out quick!! Wonder if they'll stay on the days they've already given them or if they'll move more of them to a Thursday.

Need to check it out, interesting that all season tickets are now more than Rovers.

Saints at home last game of the season :D

• 4 weeks later...

I thought the international last weekend against NZ was the most boring rugby league game I've ever seen, think the crowd thought the same.

Let's hope this weekends is a bit more lively, I'm sure the crowd will be.

• 2 months later...

So Super League is back :D

Excellent game at Leeds on Thursday (boooooooo thursday rugby) and very tough game at Wigan last night.

That pitch is disgraceful. How any football fan can have the nerve to blame the pitch conditions on the rugby when this is how it is on the opening game I don't know!! It certainly isn't going to get any better until they dig it up in May.

CaiBuo3WwAE76OE.jpg

The pitch drains into the Dougie, the problem is the Dougie rises and the drains back-up. It's a farcical design and Whelan should've spent the cash ages a go to get this sorted but I think he claims it's not the responsibility of the club. I also remember the original idea was to relay the pitch three times a year but we know what hassle that creates.

There is a small rumour that lenegan has been sniffing around the Macron. I don't believe it for one minute.

• 1 month later...

Pretty good performance by Wigan today and a great atmosphere amongst the 4200 travelling away fans. Thought we could have won by more to be honest, with a few of the 50/50 decisions going Saints' way. We defended resolutely especially in the second half and with a bit more luck could have sewn things up a lot earlier.

Pretty good performance by Wigan today and a great atmosphere amongst the 4200 travelling away fans. Thought we could have won by more to be honest, with a few of the 50/50 decisions going Saints' way. We defended resolutely especially in the second half and with a bit more luck could have sewn things up a lot earlier.

We?

Sorry, I'm confused. You're a season ticket holder at Wigan?

I'm another Rugby League season ticket holder albeit at a lower level. My wife and myself also sponsor a player. She does the P.A. before and during the game.The guy we sponsor is a PE teacher away from the game and a super bloke. He's also the goal kicker so we get plenty of publicity.

It's great entertainment. Until very recently I've been more excited watching 'em blow the balls up before the game that I have been actually watching Rovers.

You should try it.

I'm another Rugby League season ticket holder albeit at a lower level. My wife and myself also sponsor a player. She does the P.A. before and during the game.The guy we sponsor is a PE teacher away from the game and a super bloke. He's also the goal kicker so we get plenty of publicity.

It's great entertainment. Until very recently I've been more excited watching 'em blow the balls up before the game that I have been actually watching Rovers.

You should try it.

Whoosh! Rugby! :lol: I was genuinely confused. I'm not any more. :sorry:
  • Like 1

I heard about a massive scrap at a rugby league game.

Hardly. A flare had been thrown near the pitch towards the end of the game by a Salford fan. Family and children of some of the Salford players were in the same stand and two of the Salford players went over to make sure their kids were safe. Obviously words were exchanged and it certainly seemed to get heated (pardon the pun). No scrapping at all.