BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Checking Someone's Military History

For work-related reasons I need to check on the military background of someone and I was wondering if any of you know if there are websites or databases where recent British military records can be viewed? Don't know if this is possible, but you never know.

Not a chance. You'd do well to find any database with general employment history never mind information such as this would would have to be pretty damn secure.

Your post has probably flagged something up on some secret government monitoring software mind.

Happy to take that risk, it's a fairly harmless enquiry in that instance. At what point do military records become public information? Obviously some details are not released, but you can certainly view military records for the first and second world wars.

Can't you just ask the person you are looking into for the British equivalent of a DD214? I was a US Marine from '84-'88 (never heard a shot fired in anger, so no war stories to tell though I have plenty of drunken brawl stories) and upon discharge we get a DD214 to prove military service.

Can't you just ask the person you are looking into for the British equivalent of a DD214? I was a US Marine from '84-'88 (never heard a shot fired in anger, so no war stories to tell though I have plenty of drunken brawl stories) and upon discharge we get a DD214 to prove military service.

Jarhead.

You know what Marine stands for right? My ass rides in Navy Equipment.

:P

And what would that really change? Terrorsits would start looking up ex-military and selecting them as targets? Could easily find as many ex-military targets as you wanted by checking out reunions, parades, messageboards and halls for ex-servicemen. Hell, why target ex-military when you can just go for those still seving?

Why do marines get issued condoms?

To keep their thumbs clean

Sorry Eddie, dependent on how long they've been out there are records available, you might want to contact the rediment/Squadron they were with.

Archived