BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Team

The players need to rally the fans too. Most clubs on the continent have players who interact with the fans on the pitch. They rouse them, they applaud them, they ASK for more support during a match. If the fans see a pumped up Roque Santa Cruz (For instance) clenching his fists asking for more "noise" they'd increase the volume.

I've only ever seen Samba do that a couple of times in recent years.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players need to rally the fans too. Most clubs on the continent have players who interact with the fans on the pitch. They rouse them, they applaud them, they ASK for more support during a match. If the fans see a pumped up Roque Santa Cruz (For instance) clenching his fists asking for more "noise" they'd increase the volume.

Martin Olsson is good for this and often tries to rouse the fans. EHD did too before he was shipped. Very few other players have the interaction with the fans.

Martin Olsson is good for this and often tries to rouse the fans. EHD did too before he was shipped. Very few other players have the interaction with the fans.

Robbo and the Darwen End have regular interaction... great relationship he has with us.

"TOO GOOD FOR ENGLAND!"

• Backroom

Robbo and the Darwen End have regular interaction... great relationship he has with us.

"TOO GOOD FOR ENGLAND!"

Robbos the same with the BBE, top lad.

He'll never be Tim Flowers though, his running jump celebration was always a highlight of a rovers win.

Can't wait till Saturday, but I hope the stewards allow fans to stands and sing because they are overzealous and stifle any attempts to get an atmosphere going, even though the Blackpool fans will be standing all through the game.

It doesn't help in creating a good atmosphere!

If anyone has any influance at Ewood plaese have a word for the sake of you club!

• Backroom

The stewards are there to do a job yet constantly get abused for it, recently I heard people in the DE singing '£2 an hour' it's just moronic.

Fact is it's easier to control the home fans than the away fans but the club and the stewards have shown some leniency in the darwen end.

Salgado does this quite a bit.

I'm no fan of our no17 but if people do boo him, it says more about the 'booers' than it does for him...

COYB!!!!!!!!

Booing your own players during the game is just pathetic, a practice carried out by braindead individuals only.

Whilst i share Kamy's view 100% the 1 thing that i cant get my head round is the quote which as been mentioned by many but oblivious to me "that relegation this time could mean the club falling into real financial trouble and facing a fight for its very existance" I've asked 2-3 people on this messageboard who have quoted more or less the same thing but had no reply via PM.

I mention this as to me it all sounds a bit surreal when we have new owners who have put money into buying the club!!

Hopefully someone can either divulge their info on here or pm in confidence with their info as tbh i'm baffled at this proposition!!

It will never be confirmed by anyone on here, for legal reasons, but it does seem that Venky's will look to offload the club should we be relegated but not before taking the parachute payment and selling off our best assets to claw back as much of the money they've invested in their project. It also seems as though the finances behind the scenes are not as rosey as we've been made to believe, so relegation and the loss of the Sky money could see Rovers in some serious trouble.

It might seem baffling but I for one, believe it to be true. It would also explain why Kean has managed to keep his job after the Fulham defeat, despite widespread reports he would be sacked. This is rumoured again to be down to the fact the Venky's ideal (or any other) replacement was deemed to be too expensive.

The stewards are there to do a job yet constantly get abused for it, recently I heard people in the DE singing '£2 an hour' it's just moronic.

Fact is it's easier to control the home fans than the away fans but the club and the stewards have shown some leniency in the darwen end.

The stewards have been very good in the Darwen End, I think the £2 an hour is just a bit of fun though tbh... it's been going round for years.

Booing your own players during the game is just pathetic, a practice carried out by braindead individuals only.

Correct - what's the point of even going to the game! The normal people amongst us should just shout down any crap like that.

Spot on.

We need to see some passion from the players, this will definitely liven the crowd up.

It's a two way street, yes the fans can give the players that push that they need to go and do well, but the fans need something to shout about.

An early goal for Rovers and the place will be jumping.

Ticket sales aren't looking too bad.

From what I can see on OneRovers:

Just the odd seat left in Darwen End and BBE lower.

Few left in Riverside and JW Lower.

Just the JW upper and BBE upper with fairly large chunks of empty seats.

I reckon 26 - 27k.

Good to hear some of the players actually do this.

Just look at Real Madrid. They've released a viral video for tonights match and in it Casillas, Ramos, Ronaldo and Benzema talk to the fans with the CL music as background saying "You have a chance to play too" and "Our CL f$%k up is also your CL f$%k up". That's the kind of edgy thing that will put the fans on the edge of their seats. I don't like that club, but I like the people behind that idea.

• Backroom

The stewards have been very good in the Darwen End, I think the £2 an hour is just a bit of fun though tbh... it's been going round for years.

I've always hated it personally

Agree to an extent but its a slippery slope when people won't sing unless they're asked to. We don't want football to end up like baseball where some stupid ditty has to be played across a tannoy to wake people up. I want the players to show passion and transmit enthusiasm to the crowd that way but they shouldn't have to be cheerleaders for people too lazy to support their team without being cajoled into it.

I do hope that all the spectators that call themselves fans get behind the lads, instead of sitting on there hands, as we really needs supporters and not spectators.

I can't for the life of me understand why people go to watch the Rovers and just sit there, as it just makes for a poor atmosphere, for god sake get behind them!

• Backroom

With all due respects, at least those "oiks" as you so snidely put it, are getting behind the team!

A lot of the time I've heard that chant all the oiks attention is aimed at insulting stewards

Ditto if you're banging on about Burnley. And don't start that nonsense about 'if you don't sing' please. If people have paid their money and turned up they are supporting the team. If you are fit and able to sing then do so but please don't get on the backs of those who aren't.

Jeez, reading this Ewood Park is going to be like a coiled spring waiting to go off at the slightest provocation. I can't help but think that we (the supporters) could easily contribute to our own downfall. Imagine if we go a goal down early on. Scary thoughts.

Archived