BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Team

So if we get relegated that's it? If we do go down a division, then why stop there? Why not sing and bounce, and get the team back up. Its like the team will be relegated, with no hope of ever returning. No real supporter, will stop supporting, just because we are in another division.

Saturday is going to be so vital, and a win will do the team the world of good. Got to back the team no matter what. Up the Rovers!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if I'm wrong but I don't think I've seen this posted on here yet.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/8912142.Roar_Blackburn_Rovers_to_Premier_League_safety/

A rallying call from Plunkett. As someone said in the comments this is usually the type of call JW would make so well done to the LT for taking up the responsibility.

Sneeking feeling that it is JW who's behind this!

Believe me it isn't. The paper wants Rovers to win just as much as the fans do. Relegation won't just impact the club, but will have an effect on sales of the LT.

What i keep telling the kids at school when they tell me how rubbish Rovers are. So many of the businesses in the town, and particularly the small local based ones, will suffer if Rovers are no longer in the premier league. Because they are not directly affected by Rovers, kids think their dad's business will be safe but lots of businesses will be indirectly affected e.g. if sales of the Telegraph fall then newsagents suffer not just from the loss of those sales but also from the loss of the sale of all sorts of other oddments that you pick up while in buying a paper.

What i keep telling the kids at school when they tell me how rubbish Rovers are.

Saddest thing about modern football. Sky have a lot to answer for in creating this horrible situation where the youth of England gloryhunt the big clubs instead of following their local side. Dunno if anyone plays at the soccerdome much but its a case of spot the Rovers shirt on pitches where kids are playing. God knows what the landscape of support will look like in a generation but I reckon any club outside the top 5/6 will be struggling to massively. My kids are supporting Rovers if I have to force it into them, it really is bad parenting otherwise!

Saddest thing about modern football. Sky have a lot to answer for in creating this horrible situation where the youth of England gloryhunt the big clubs instead of following their local side. Dunno if anyone plays at the soccerdome much but its a case of spot the Rovers shirt on pitches where kids are playing. God knows what the landscape of support will look like in a generation but I reckon any club outside the top 5/6 will be struggling to massively. My kids are supporting Rovers if I have to force it into them, it really is bad parenting otherwise!

This was happening a long time before Sky came onto the scene. When I was at school in the 60's and 70's kids were switching to the big clubs. At least Sky have given us a lot of TV exposure whilst we have been in the Prem.

Would never force my kids to support Rovers, but it's definitely a family thing with many.

Well done to the Rovers "fans" singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" to Steve Kean in the first half.

Must have been fairly disappointing for you that the team came back in the second half to earn a point.

I didn't hear that chant :unsure:

Well done to the Rovers "fans" singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" to Steve Kean in the first half.

Must have been fairly disappointing for you that the team came back in the second half to earn a point.

you mean the chant the Darwen end lot started? suppose the boo's were out of order too?

ave to admit I usually dont boo, but after that first half display it was deserved. Seems it may of given Kean and/or the team the kick up the ass they needed.

you mean the chant the Darwen end lot started? suppose the boo's were out of order too?

ave to admit I usually dont boo, but after that first half display it was deserved. Seems it may of given Kean and/or the team the kick up the ass they needed.

To be fair, we started well in the first half but the players got sucker-punched by Howard Webb's incompetence and lost their heads. After the break, we came out much more focused and deserved a point.

Sour grapes response.

You know full well the chants were completely out of order.

Personally, I thought the chants were fully in order. Kean is a complete joke. He's out of his depth but has the ear of a woman who is totally clueless. He was desperate to take the job, indeed, rumours of how desperate still won't go away, but sadly he is simply not up to the job.

Sour grapes response.

You know full well the chants were completely out of order.

Sour grapes? At what? I don't understand. Why would I be sour? Surely I would have needed to lose something to be accused of 'sour grapes'?

I honestly think the chants were completely justified. Liverpool fans joined in when we were singing it to Hodgson. Fans know an incompetent manager when they see one.

It didn't do any harm, did it? We responded by scoring two goals. Had the team capitulated from that point I may been more sympathetic to the viewpoint.

I just don't understand why you decided to post it without direction and without provocation. You can see from the reactions of the crowd (and posts in the Blackpool thread) that no-one was disappointed by the equaliser. Again, you know this, which is why I don't understand why you decided to post it. Certain people I would expect it from, you don't usually go on the wind up like that.

Personally, I thought the chants were fully in order. Kean is a complete joke. He's out of his depth but has the ear of a woman who is totally clueless. He was desperate to take the job, indeed, rumours of how desperate still won't go away, but sadly he is simply not up to the job.

They might have been in order had we been out played at that point but we were losing due to a joke decision from Webb and a brilliantly taken free kick after starting the game brightly.

Even if we had been outplayed such chants wouldn't exactly have been helpful.

We hardly got behind the team, the BBE was pretty quiet for most of the game bar when we got a corner, and the DE were drowned out probably, had a go though

To be fair I thought the atmosphere was very good for the majority of the game apart from those idiotic first half chants.

Darwen End sounded more vocal than the Blackburn End from where I was sat in Jack Walker but both were noisier than in many home games this season.

Thought the crowd were exceptionally patient today as what was needed from the Ewood faithful was a few guys to go and drag the clown out of the dug out and eject him from the ground telling him his presence would never be welcome ever again at Ewood Park.

Agree to an extent but its a slippery slope when people won't sing unless they're asked to. We don't want football to end up like baseball where some stupid ditty has to be played across a tannoy to wake people up. I want the players to show passion and transmit enthusiasm to the crowd that way but they shouldn't have to be cheerleaders for people too lazy to support their team without being cajoled into it.

Sslgado did this to riverside fans and it worked

I'm looking at our remaining fixtures and apart from Brum at home I'm wondering where the points are coming from.Our present form is terrible...bottom of the form table terrible.

:(

Alot of fans seemed content with our run in, with brum, blackpool and bolton at home still to play.

The problem being we are playing poorly, so poorly in fact that we can't beat Blackpool, West Ham, Newcastle or Stoke at home.....

No 3 points for us is nailed on, or guaranteed it would seem. That's how pants we are at the moment, and dare I say pretty much since Kean took over.

Archived