BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back The Team

<br /><br />

<br />

To be fair I thought the atmosphere was very good for the majority of the game apart from those idiotic first half chants.

Darwen End sounded more vocal than the Blackburn End from where I was sat in Jack Walker but both were noisier than in many home games this season.>

I was in the BBE today and was surprised by the lack of passion. I thought the crowd was very quiet, didn't hear a peep from the DE apart from the sacked in the morning chant.

Around me fans seemed to be accepting what was happening as inevitable. Not one person commented on Kean or Venky's. I was surprised to hear little discussion of this at HT.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to the Rovers "fans" singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" to Steve Kean in the first half.

Must have been fairly disappointing for you that the team came back in the second half to earn a point.

A new low Rev. Chants completely in order. The team came back as you said.

We were lucky not to be 4-0 down at half time. The DE was stunned into silence with the shockingly inept display in the 1st half.

I think the boos were fully justified.

I saw a lad in the Riverside throwing his scarf onto the pitch & then taking his shirt off & throwing that too as he walked out after their 2nd goal. He got roundly booed by the people around me in the DE.

There was quite a long period in the first half - after the 'you're getting sacked in the morning' and the booing when Kean touched the ball on the sideline - where it was literally silent in the Blackburn End.

The boy with the drum was trying his best to do the 'get into 'em' thing, but there was just no response at all, and he gave up after 30 seconds or so.

The booing was huge at HT and I think the reaction at FT if we'd not got the late equaliser would have been like something I've never witnessed at Ewood before.

This infamous "getting sacked in the morning" chant in the first half was started by and mainly involved the Blackpool fans, which is probably why its the only song the BBE could hear. A few dozen Rovers fans in the DE joined in but the majority didn't.

I agree the atmosphere in general was poor, which is astonishing after all the fan posturing and player encouragement of the past couple of weeks. I worry that the very few singers around at Ewood have been split down the middle between opposite corners of the Blackburn End and Darwen End. Were they to join together we might be able to start a few audible songs. Although we're always battling against the sad truth that 80% of Rovers fans just sit on their hands all match, 15% like to hang around an atmosphere without contributing and only 5% (at most) actually try to get songs going.

Can you honestly blame the fans though...

To be brutally honest they like the players on the pitch have had the ###### kicked out of them these past three months or so, we have had to endure:

• An effective, respected manager dumped without so much of an explanation and bona fide reason
  • A complete unheard of novice coach replaces well established manager under a cloud of suspicion, of back stabbing and allegiances with agents
  • A Chairman who loved the club and had spent many, many years investing his life and soul into it, forced out by people who know nothing of the club, have no interest or love for it, other than sucking the living daylights out of it cashwise
  • Owners who know nothing of Football, are blinded by celebrity and have the Public Relations skills of Mr Gerald Ratner, one minute it's Ronaldinho, the next Maradona, etc, etc

It's no wonder that there is an unhealthy atmosphere both on and off the pitch with fans and players alike, the whole era since we were sold to Venkys has been nothing short of catastrophic and the only final piece of the catastrophe is when we get relegated to the Championship.

I hope someone, somewhere in this whole maelstrom appears and steers this rudderless ship out of it before it's too late...

the team played to there own style and strengths in second half , have you heard keans post match conversation ? very steady bland / just td Lads to do there stuff at half time dnd no raised voices . He's like a father talking to his young son , calming and nonemotional . I think samba took over spurned them on . wet lettuce comes mind with kean . Not up to job unfortunately !

This infamous "getting sacked in the morning" chant in the first half was started by and mainly involved the Blackpool fans, which is probably why its the only song the BBE could hear. A few dozen Rovers fans in the DE joined in but the majority didn't.

It was started by the Blackpool fans, but a large and audible section of the Blackburn End joined in for about 30 seconds.

I sit in the B'burn End corner of the JW, so could hear the above really well.

Kean clearly heard it and did his best to pretend he couldn't.

As a group we tried to get things going in the second half at the back of the Riverside, DE corner but it shames me that the majority just sit down, dont support their team and accepted what they believed was going to be an inevitable defeat. Well, it is a two way street this support thing and sometimes it is up to us fans to get the team going.

Fans around me looked close to tears 2-0 down, so don't come on here blaming the fans for not singing and not showing passion.

The heart has been ripped out of this club.

Can you imagine the atmosphere at say Molineux for a relegation 6-pointer against local rivals in a mostly packed stadium? Deafening throughout would be my guess. Fair enough the 2 Blackpool goals knocked the stuffing out of everyone so you wouldn't expect much noise from then until half-time, but when Samba pulled one back 4 minutes into the 2nd half I expected the wall of noise to be as forceful as our fightback on the pitch. Not a chance, if you were watching it on TV you'd have probably heard about 3 Rovers songs all game. There are pockets in NO1 and the Darwen End corner that sing practically none-stop, how few of the other 21,000 Rovers fans in Ewood bother to join in with them is rubbish. We can raise the roof for a Burnley game but on the evidence of this we can't to help preserve our PL status.

Well everyone around me were standing and singing throughout the second half, when I looked across the BBEnd so were plenty of others.

So spare me the usual 'if it wernt for those passionate lads in the Darwen End it would he a morgue'.

Well everyone around me were standing and singing throughout the second half, when I looked across the BBEnd so were plenty of others.

So spare me the usual 'if it wernt for those passionate lads in the Darwen End it would he a morgue'.

Some seemed to be standing 2nd half, but usually just when we got a set piece/corner.

First half, even at 0-0, the BBE was pretty silent, I was actually disappointed. Was thinking of moving back, but don't think I could really.

Passion was in plentiful supply in the normally reserved JW Upper.

Saw Revidge having a ding dong.

Witnessed Preston Blue aka Capt Mike having an almighty ding dong.

Now it comes to something when these twop normally placcid gentleman are raising their voices amongst their own.

Thats what has happened with our club. The heart and soul has been ripped out of it. The atmosphere has died, the club is on its arse, the fans are distraught, the players disunited and we are leaderless both on and off the park. The club is in utter turmoil and is heading downwards.

Uncle Jack will be turning in his grave.

Can you honestly blame the fans though...

To be brutally honest they like the players on the pitch have had the ###### kicked out of them these past three months or so, we have had to endure:

• An effective, respected manager dumped without so much of an explanation and bona fide reason
  • A complete unheard of novice coach replaces well established manager under a cloud of suspicion, of back stabbing and allegiances with agents
  • A Chairman who loved the club and had spent many, many years investing his life and soul into it, forced out by people who know nothing of the club, have no interest or love for it, other than sucking the living daylights out of it cashwise
  • Owners who know nothing of Football, are blinded by celebrity and have the Public Relations skills of Mr Gerald Ratner, one minute it's Ronaldinho, the next Maradona, etc, etc

It's no wonder that there is an unhealthy atmosphere both on and off the pitch with fans and players alike, the whole era since we were sold to Venkys has been nothing short of catastrophic and the only final piece of the catastrophe is when we get relegated to the Championship.

I hope someone, somewhere in this whole maelstrom appears and steers this rudderless ship out of it before it's too late...

Spot on post there,all we have worked so hard for over the years has been ripped away and flushed down the toilett.

Heartbreaking to witness......nothing but silence from Venky's now. <_<

• Backroom

Well my voice has gone.

That's from shouting at the lass on her hen do at half time Abbey!

But seriously there was a lot of singing in N01 yesterday apart from at 2-0, as I mentioned you couldn't hear the darwen end but to be fair they were vastly outnumbered so wouldn't expect to hear too much.

I thought the atmosphere was good for the most part.

The whole ground was silent at 2-0... just pure shock I think.

After our first goal it was a lot better in the Darwen End and could see the BBE clapping along to something too. I think it's difficult for both sides to hear each other.

Birmingham won't bring many so if both ends are up for it, we should generate some good noise!!

Archived