BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] the festival

:rover: used to be a regular at cheltenham,but making it 4 days has ruined it,poor racing on day 2 :wacko::brfc:

This is a debate I have had a few times. The only I have about it is I now get to go down on the Thursday and Friday rather than just the Thursday.

However making it 4 days and adding new races has diluted the quality of the top races and inserted plenty of standard races that are nothing special.

I think day 1 has suffered most to be honest. Today there is only 1 new race that never previously existed.

One example is Quevega. An awesome third consecutive win yesterday in a race where no other mares are in her class. She wouldn't be out of place in a Champion Hurdle field or, in previous years, one of the big handicaps. Instead she beats up an inferior bunch at even money each year.

Also the Gold Cup suffers by the introduction of the Ryanair chase on the Thursday. Horses such as Albertas Run and, until his withdrawl, Riverside Theater would add much more quality and depth to the GC in previous years. Not any more. In the last few years the gold cup has been 3 or 4 top chasers and then decent staying handicappers making up the numbers (not so much this year though).

Oscars Well and Time for Rupert today for me by the way.

Archived