BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] suspect timing.. America/China v Japan

Does anyone else think the timing and all aspects of the Japanese earthquake seem suspect?

1 - The location of the earthquake mean't minimal casulaties.. given its location after effects missed all allies and hit the least populated areas of Japan while effecting no major cities of allies (HK, USA etc etc).

2 - Timing was perefect for Japans long term opponents/competition (China and America), pushing libya and Bahrain off the world news highlights while helping their own recently flagging finances (esp in terms of key markets like tech, finance and cars).

3 - Both potential suspects have been very silent in recent months, with neither making significant public statements in regards to the middle east.

4 - Both govs have been under pressure of late.. and can be seen in a world light to be helping those in need.

Call me crazy but to me this is a extremely well timed world event (that can be caused by explosives hitting the right spots on the plates according to the world of physics).

On a side note both US TV channels that I watched last night spouted the most amazing scare stories I have ever heard.. allot of americans are very emotional, but ABC and CNNs stories last night where almost joke worthy in terms of spreading fear to the extreme, especially when I switched over to the logical and well thought out world of the BBC that concentrated on the facts.

veevs

as a techie/manager I am going to post here a disclaimer to remove any come back

* This post is the writers opinion and not the general opinion of the site readers, staff or any affliated party of BRFCS

Guest Wen Y Hu

Does anyone else think the timing and all aspects of the Japanese earthquake seem suspect?

No.

Call me crazy but to me this is a extremely well timed world event (that can be caused by explosives hitting the right spots on the plates according to the world of physics).

This is worse than crazy. It is irresponsible.

On a side note both US TV channels that I watched last night spouted the most amazing scare stories I have ever heard.. allot of americans are very emotional, but ABC and CNNs stories last night where almost joke worthy in terms of spreading fear to the extreme, especially when I switched over to the logical and well thought out world of the BBC that concentrated on the facts.

Don't watch trash and find out about the background to this earthquake and about earthquakes in Japan historically. If I have time, I will post something about this on the main earthquake thread.

this board has stooped even lower than i thought possible since my last proper visits,never read anything as sick ,perverse or insane in my life. So these countries would intentionally murder/genocide 100,000s of thousands of innocent people?

:wstu:

How dumb is this?

"Call me crazy but to me this is a extremely well timed world event (that can be caused by explosives hitting the right spots on the plates according to the world of physics)."

How exactly could a 9.0 richter earthquake be triggered by explosives? What quantity would be required? Where? What are your sources? What is the science? How would it be delivered?

Second - Japan is America's single most important ally in East Asia. Arguably it's most important in the world (a toss up between Japan and the EU)

Third - If it was even scientifically possible, which I severely doubt, what would be the outcome to US international relations if discovered? Total annihilation to the point of no return. Is that a risk that would ever reasonably be considered in any situation?

Fourth - In light of the science which I am sure you will provide, how would an operation on that scale be hidden from the world geological survey, international shipping, other coutry's military patrols.

Fifth - If China and America 'teamed up' as you suggest - would there not be far more value to either the Americans or the Chinese to reveal that they had been approached by the other party with such a callous scheme?

The most baseless thing I have read on the message board. And as others have said pretty plainly offensive. Veevs - you need to acquaint yourself with reality a bit further.

I've had repeated requests to remove the post and whilst I find it distasteful and liable to offend (as well as completely nuts), I'm not going to.

We've always held that we don't sensor opinions, just how they are expressed, but also I think people are finding it quite cathartic to point out how technically nonsensical it is (and given the importance of backing the team this weekend's game I think some people need at outlet that isn't Kean, Venkys or Andrews). I also think it's good for people to see the replies which make it obvious that most people are as uncomfortable reading that post as I was.

So I hope Dillo, Wen and any other readers who have been affected by this tragedy understand why I haven't removed it (it was a tough call and not one I took lightly). Please keep in mind (as the replies attest) that this isn't a commonly held view, we see it for what it is, a tragic natural disaster.

I really didn't want to rise to this but the above about explosives just beggars believe. Seriously, just think about this for a minute.

1 - The location of the earthquake mean't minimal casulaties.. given its location after effects missed all allies and hit the least populated areas of Japan while effecting no major cities of allies (HK, USA etc etc).

2 - Timing was perefect for Japans long term opponents/competition (China and America),

. . . Call me crazy but to me this is a extremely well timed world event (that can be caused by explosives hitting the right spots on the plates according to the world of physics).

I'm a fan of free speech, so I won't criticize the post despite my nationalist sentiments. If I were Japanese, however, I would be far less forgiving.

Having said that, have you considered the implications of a nation state, such as the USA, possessing the power to trigger massive earthquakes at will? If true, I would expect every single one of my country's enemies will be surrendering by noon Sunday. Since that is unlikely to happen, your "theory" doesn't come close to passing muster.

And why would we care about Libya going off the news radar? I'm not comfortable allowing dicatorships to exists, and am perfectly fine with enforcing a no fly zone to give the rebels a chance. So 'helping' Qaddafi is not likely to help President Obama with re-election and, accordingly, I suspect is not high on the USA's agenda.

Anyway, I can't believe I'm responding so I'll content myself with a have a good evening. I'm getting another beer.

lol.. interesting set of responses.. Actually this was an argument put to me down the pub and I was bored so figured I would play devils advocate and put it on here :)

No offense was mean't be be implied, it was from a devils advocate perspective.. in forsight maybe I should of pointed that out.

For a start no one would be able to predict the Tsenami, could just of easily hit the eastern seaboard of the US, increased tech prices would hamper america just as much as the rest of the world.. not to mention other peoples reasonings.. :)

He also had other interesting odd theories including China planning to invade europe(lol) and the middle East stuff being started by terrorist organisations *shrug*

So apologies to any people that found my post offensive.

lol.. interesting set of responses.. Actually this was an argument put to me down the pub and I was bored so figured I would play devils advocate and put it on here :)

No offense was mean't be be implied, it was from a devils advocate perspective.. in forsight maybe I should of pointed that out.

For a start no one would be able to predict the Tsenami, could just of easily hit the eastern seaboard of the US, increased tech prices would hamper america just as much as the rest of the world.. not to mention other peoples reasonings.. :)

He also had other interesting odd theories including China planning to invade europe(lol) and the middle East stuff being started by terrorist organisations *shrug*

So apologies to any people that found my post offensive.

What was he drinking?

Vees we are watching you.

That click on the phone is not static.

I thought you played in boats, not worked for the FBI (or NSA)

Dick Gordon: National Security Agency.

Martin Bishop: Ah. You're the guys I hear breathing on the other end of my phone.

Dick Gordon: No, that's the FBI. We're not chartered for domestic surveillance.

Martin Bishop: Oh, I see. You just overthrow governments. Set up friendly dictators.

Dick Gordon: No, that's the CIA. We protect our government's communications, we try to break the other fella's codes. We're the good guys, Marty.

Martin Bishop: Gee, I can't tell you what a relief that is... Dick.

Archived