BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] aldi ewood

Guest linganzi

I did the same against Newcastle and fully understand where you are coming from.

I don't think the penny has dropped for some of our supporters but many, many loyal supporters have become so disillusioned by what has happened to our club in such a short space of time.

IMO, it no longer feels like 'our club' but rather a commodity that you chose to buy or not.

Guest linganzi

Where u the guy who threw scarf and shirt on pitch ? someone did at riverside : Darwen end

we are all feeing anger towards how our club as funk do low , we support our team through thick and thin and stand together !! I too wanted to shed a tear at 2-0 down . I don't know who to blame anymore ? Previous owners who wanted rid like a hot potato ? venkys ? kean for being out of his depth and not admitting it ? confused myself

ha no i didnt throw anything around

I just love it when people leave early and they miss goals. Like all the clowns on the way out in injury time and before yesterday, don't know how many people missed the late equaliser but I'm guessing at a fair few.

Don't forget 6th round of the FA Cup 1960--Burnley v Rovers. 3-0 down with 20 mins to go and we drew!

I was there, on the old Beehole End. My dad used to call Peter Dobing like you lot call Keef, but he wasn't calling him on the way home from that one! Lesson to be learned?

I've left the stadium , in 30 years I've never done that before. I simply can't cope with the football I have just seen .

Feel free to slag me off but I have bought some wine, I'm waiting for a taxi , I'm going to go home and watch the Brian cox planet show

I'm so mad I'm so dissolousional I have been brought to this

Man up.

Guest linganzi

I just love it when people leave early and they miss goals. Like all the clowns on the way out in injury time and before yesterday, don't know how many people missed the late equaliser but I'm guessing at a fair few.

i agree with you. Like i say, never missed second before, but It wasnt a case of that...I just couldnt make sense of what was going on

Even in the 70' and 80's when we had no money and we went to places like Halifax, Rotherham, Grimsby, Hereford on the League liner, you knew your club was run by passionate football people such as Bill Fox and Bill Bancroft who only had the clubs best interests at heart, but now we are not owned by passionate people, but run by a group of people that haven't got a clue about owning a football club and what that entails, and agent getting their grubby paws on what ever money they can!

I wanted to criticise this behaviour but thought better of it. Living so far away i would love to be able to attend more games regardless of the regime. But as i sat at home playing Thomas The Tank Engine with my 2 year old son, whilst looking at Paul Merson's ugly mug, i was in a terrible state. My in laws arrived unexpectedly and it all got too much for me. I had to leave the house for fear of an attack. Either of the heart or violent variety. I was due to drive up for the game and get a ticket on the day. As great as our comeback was, i'm actually glad i couldn't do it. I genuinely dont know if i could have taken that hit of despair. But Jnr Hoillet made my wine taste so much better than expected. As did Merson saying how good the crowd were in the 2nd half. Obviously better, braver and more sadistic folk out there than me!

COYB

Even in the 70' and 80's when we had no money and we went to places like Halifax, Rotherham, Grimsby, Hereford on the League liner, you knew your club was run by passionate football people such as Bill Fox and Bill Bancroft who only had the clubs best interests at heart, but now we are not owned by passionate people, but run by a group of people that haven't got a clue about owning a football club and what that entails, and agent getting their grubby paws on what ever money they can!

100% Spot On!

It doesnt feel like our club anymore.

100% Spot On!

It doesnt feel like our club anymore.

Then it's up to us to make it our club again. It's still Blackburn Rovers after all. I do understand what you mean, Kelbo, but it's time for a change of mind-set. We cannot change what has happened but it's a bit lily-livered of us to give up on the club we love.

And I, for one, have no intention of it. :brfcsmilie:

Then it's up to us to make it our club again. It's still Blackburn Rovers after all. I do understand what you mean, Kelbo, but it's time for a change of mind-set. We cannot change what has happened but it's a bit lily-livered of us to give up on the club we love.

Quite right. I didn't get the feeling that most fans felt it wasn't our club on Saturday anyway - I think the strange atmosphere came from the collective nervousness of 20 000 fans who appreciated the importance of the fixture, even if our owners don't seem to. In fact it's even more our club because we are the ones who actually care about it and should be there whatever division we are in and even if we dropped out of the league. The owners and players will go but we'll be left with what's left - Blackburn Rovers with its history and hopefully its future.

I agree, so what can we do about it, we need to get people involved and really let this lot know we are not going to just lie down and accept are fate, any suggestions.

As the saying goes

"For evil to prosper all it needs is for good people to do nothing"

• Moderation Lead

It's alright saying 'it's not our club any more' but what are you doing about that?

Sounds like you're laying down and accepting it.

If you're not being pro-active to change something, then you can't expect any sympathy for not doing anything. Support the players, not the owners.

I saw some people around me leaving after the 2nd goal went in, my god!

I think I can sum the atmosphere up on Saturday:

"Trepidation"

However, for the first 20 minutes, we battered them, but you just knew they'd come at us, and when we got away with that off side (Yes I know it was, but how many times have you seen a ref change his mind?) you could see that our varnish thin confidence, just went.

Then the Pen and then the free kick, imagine it as one of our young players? Must have been a right kick in the swingers and yes, they finished the half like they had none at all

Obviously Big Chris, possibly backed up by JJ, Bert, Robbo (Struggling now...) said something at half time, you could tell that by how early we came out, and the way we went at it in the 2nd half.

Upside?

We turned it round, a first this year?

So, enough of our players give a damn about this club of ours, which we'll need and is no bad thing.

Perhaps it's a turning point? Our young players didn't give up did they? Players like Olsson and Junior are going to be key to us, and Jermaine Jones is more important than we ever imagined, as in Midfield, he is THE ONLY one stading up and being counted.

Superman is back (How much of a difference did he make when he came on?!!)

Downside:

Santa Cruz & Nelson are far too quiet, Santa moved around the pitch like he'd been on Dunny's diet!

Bert looked utterly frustrated

Salgado is targeted & creamed every week, and he played like he knew it as well.

We miss Givet, because we miss Olsson on the wing, so his rant has cost us.

MBD is garbage (WTF must the other strikers on the bench think?)

Manager clearly didn't do the inspirational stuff, because he can't, and to me, he looks out of his depth and in need of some experienced help, now!

Just hope we can get fired up and upset a few, because we are going to need to.

Archived