BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next year ticket sales

Are you renewing  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming prices don't rise significantly. Will you be renewing your season ticket?

• Yes. Regardless of us staying up
    • Yes. But only if we stay up
    • Unsure Yet
    • No. I will not renew my season ticket
    • I don't have a season ticket but intend getting one next season
    • I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway

I intend to renew my season ticket regardless of our outcome , my question Is do any of you think ticket sales will drop or increase if we are relegated ? I'm in riverside stand and personally heard long standing fans say they are not sure , any of you think this will be the case. ? and what if venkys are to invest adequately in good players

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I intend to renew my season ticket regardless of our outcome , my question Is do any of you think ticket sales will drop or increase if we are relegated ? I'm in riverside stand and personally heard long standing fans say they are not sure , any of you think this will be the case. ? and what if venkys are to invest adequately in good players

If we are relegated, of course ticket sales will drop?

There will be a drop either way to be honest, this doesn't feel like our club anymore. The rising prices will play a part too (quite a major one for a lot of people).

I'll renew, but a lot won't

I posted this topic as it has been mentioned that ticket sales may not be affected if venkys invest in players and club ! even on increase . just wondered what everyone's opinions where . I enjoy live footy as always stated so will support rovers through thick and thin . time will tell and hope and pray we stay up as better to attract top players in prem !

This is the question that I spent most time talking about with those around me pre-match yesterday. I have never felt as distant from the club as I do now ...and I've been going on & off for forty years with a season ticket for over 20 successive years. Of the half-dozen or so immediately around me at least three expressed serious misgivings, a couple will be there come what may & the other is at best "wait & see".

As for me, my personal financial circumstances mean that I have to really think long & hard about where I spend my money & right now I don't have the emotional attachment that I had pre-Venky's.

I used to think that for every pound I spent in the club shop or on the concourse or on a programme I was doing my bit to help us compete with the big boys. I implicitly trusted the board to do the right thing. I put up with Jim Iley, I cried when we lost to Crystal Palace in the play-off (damned inconvenient as I was at a wedding !!), I never thought of not renewing when we went down with Kidd but this time feels different.

This time I'm spectating as the car crash happens. I just don't feel involved to anything like the same extent. maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's a distance thing, maybe (as my wife suggests) there are just better ways to spend my time.

Unsure ? You bet.

Our group of six in the Riverside were discussing this yesterday. Most of us have had season tickets for 30 plus years. Renewing has always been an almost automatic thing but all six of us expressed doubt yesterday. Perhaps the current situation both on and off the pitch is clouding things at the moment but things must be at a low ebb for us even to be considering the issue.

We also need to remember that our tickets have been heavily subsidised for the last few years. Is there any reason at all to believe that Venkys will continue with this policy? Just raising them to the 'normal' premier league average would result in a virtual doubling (if not more) of prices. I believe this would slash our numbers massively - premier league or no premier league!

I'll be renewing without a doubt - that doesn't mean I'm happy with the current situation and think this summer could be very 'interesting'. I expect as a minimum that season tickets will go up 10%, and with some justification - the tickets are cheap as chips (in relative terms) and can't remain at this level with continued investment going forward.

Offer me a 10 year season ticket tomorrow, and regardless of the league we play in, id sign up!

ONE LOVE!

My problem is that i don't just have one love - Blackburn Rovers. In fact they are a fairly low priority below my God and my family. My church needs at least 1/4 of a million, and probably nearer a million, pounds in the next couple of years. My family no longer live locally and I like spending time with them - time we would have spent together at Ewood because that was for a large number of years what we did as family. So I'm really not sure whether I can justify spending money or time on Rovers to the sme extent as i have done in the past. It's nothing to do with which league we are in. It's not even to do with feeling alienated from the club. It's down to time and the finances. Having said that - we, my husband and myself, will be there at least for some matches even if we don't feel we can commit to season tickets. There are better things to do with our time, but not all the time.

As long as prices aren't massively hiked I'll be renewing and so will the friends I go with. If Venky's decide they can't/won't subsidise the price then all bets are off - some of us might some might not (this from a group who've had ST's for 30 odd years).

This is where relegation gets really scarey. If we're not getting TV money to reduce ST prices then it could be a double whammy of less attractive football at double the cost which would mean a huge reduction in attendances.

My problem is that i don't just have one love - Blackburn Rovers. In fact they are a fairly low priority below my God and my family.

lol I do have other things in my life, like my family, my missus etc....but my 'one love' comment is more based on sparetime....In my spare time Blackburn Rovers is my true passion, Iv had 16 season tickets in a row and that isnt about to stop now.

WE LOVE YOU...WE LOVE YOU....WE LOVE YOU

AND EVERYWHERE WE FOLLOW! WE FOLLOW! WE FOLLOW!

I've held between one and four STs for the last 28 seasons, currently we have three. One is for my son in Manchester who can't get back for enough games to make it worthwhile so that one will go. I'm sure we will still have the other two.

I'd have a season ticket if we were in the Conference. My Dad's looking doubtful at the moment, though :-(

Looks like I'll be moving to sit with mates next season, which is a shame as Rovers has always been the thing I do with my Dad but he just doesn't enjoy it any more.

I find it depressing seeing the old guard getting fed up with the situation when I hear tales of his 1970s trips to Cambridge United on a Tuesday night and other far flung places that now he wouldn't even consider going to.

I work shifts so miss a large number of games but due to the price its never really bothered me paying out. I've just bought a house so money will be extremely tight so I doubt I can afford the season ticket if it goes up by more than say £100.

Just to add my opinion which probably won't be popular, Venkys have every right to put the season tickets up, why should we have subsidised tickets? Venkys gave Kean money in January, more than the trust would have given (i.e nothing) so that money has to be made up somewhere.

Archived