BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next year ticket sales

Are you renewing  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming prices don't rise significantly. Will you be renewing your season ticket?

• Yes. Regardless of us staying up
    • Yes. But only if we stay up
    • Unsure Yet
    • No. I will not renew my season ticket
    • I don't have a season ticket but intend getting one next season
    • I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway

I work shifts so miss a large number of games but due to the price its never really bothered me paying out. I've just bought a house so money will be extremely tight so I doubt I can afford the season ticket if it goes up by more than say £100.

Just to add my opinion which probably won't be popular, Venkys have every right to put the season tickets up, why should we have subsidised tickets? Venkys gave Kean money in January, more than the trust would have given (i.e nothing) so that money has to be made up somewhere.

Any business has a right to set its prices where they see fit. However, they do need to consider the elasticity of demand and I think they will find that Rovers have a pretty elastic demand!

Big price increases at your peril!

JW fully understood this.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair point Cesus, but surely the existing marketing team would advise against such a price hike.

They've done well with attendances over the last 2 seasons... never a gate below 21,000. Remember 16,000 V Fulham a few years back? If they want to go back to those days and ruin the hard work done so far then so be it.

As I say, I'll be renewing no matter what, but the same can't be said for others. If the current (pre Venky's) team have their way though ST prices next season WILL remain competitive and there will be nothing to worry about price-wise.

Fair point Cesus, but surely the existing marketing team would advise against such a price hike.

They've done well with attendances over the last 2 seasons... never a gate below 21,000. Remember 16,000 V Fulham a few years back? If they want to go back to those days and ruin the hard work done so far then so be it.

As I say, I'll be renewing no matter what, but the same can't be said for others. If the current (pre Venky's) team have their way though ST prices next season WILL remain competitive and there will be nothing to worry about price-wise.

I would strongly advice Venkys against any hikes but lets be real, we pay league one prices at the moment. The point in the main is I don't think price rises should be seen as big bad Venkys, we got cheap season tickets the last few seasons due to selling the crown jewels. Had we not received, huge figures for players we wouldn't be paying the ticket prices we do now.

It is looking odds on that I won't be renewing. The cost of getting to Ewood is becoming too high for me. Costs about £50 in petrol or £40 on the train. Especially if there was an increase in season ticket prices it would make it very difficult as I am moving out later this year and all the bills that come with that.

Ironically I would probably be more likely to renew if we went down as there would be more games and I would imagine no increase in price. I think after 4 years it is time to hit the away games harder, going to try and take in as many as possible.

Joining B12_Simon on the midlands non-ST club. Although Darwen End might be an option, looked a great atmosphere.

If we are supposed to be a marketing outlet for them surely a half empty Ewood is the last thing they want beamed round the world?

Would make sense to leave the prices at a similar level. But sense hasn't come into Venky's thinking as yet.

I have become totally disllusioned with the way my club has been run in recent times.

Added to the shoddy way we publicly shoot ourselves in the foot, the wrangling and the clearly obvious internal disputes as it stands right now I wont be renewing my ticket again.

40 years of watching Rovers through thick and thin are being brought to an end by a bunch of clowns who make a mockery of the finest club in British Football.

So so sad that fans like 1864 feel this way.

By selling out to these clowns the Walker Trust have uttery failed this football club, not like they cared a jot about it, but they should care about what they have done to Jack's legacy.

has anyone had the chance to speak to walkers trust about recent events. ?

I doubt they care too much. They just wanted rid of Rovers. It was Jack's club after all not his families.

I've been going for 45 years and have had a season ticket for around 36 of the last 39 seasons. The three years I missed were when I played in the Darwen League. Even then we used to nip down to Ewood from Sett End, covered in mud, and run up the steps into the Darwen End to catch the last fifteen minutes.

I've travelled the length and breadth of the country following the lads, in three divisions, and been on two European adventures. The only reason I didn't go on more was because my mates were never really up for travelling abroad.

Watching Rovers has been a way of life and, coupled with money spent in the club shop, I daren't attempt to calculate the amount I've invested over the years.

Needless to say, I will be back next year, regardless of the division we're in, the season after, the season after that and so on. In fact, in some perverse way, it would be more exciting now to have Rovers implode and fold, establish 'FC Rovers of Blackburn' and follow them through the lower leagues.

Venky's, if you're reading this (I doubt it), rest assured that there will be thousands that are not like me and that you will face problems on a scale that you never imagined. In such a short space of time you have ripped the heart and soul out of the club and are on course to put Rovers in a position as indicated in my last paragraph. No doubt, by then, you'll be long gone.

I'll be getting a season ticket for the 26th year running. I support Rovers no matter what division they're in or who the owners are. In the 36 years I've been supporting Rovers I've witnessed the roller coaster ride of emotions from the dark days of the old third division to premier champions and I'm not going to get off now just because of recent events!

I'll be getting a season ticket for the 26th year running. I support Rovers no matter what division they're in or who the owners are. In the 36 years I've been supporting Rovers I've witnessed the roller coaster ride of emotions from the dark days of the old third division to premier champions and I'm not going to get off now just because of recent events!

Good on you :) and all the Rovers faithful who are not giving up on our dream, as it is snatched away from us for no good reason.

I'm 29 years old, so I haven't really seen many real lows, but I've very much loved the highs and have been honoured to enjoy them. If the lows come (although arguably they are already here), I really will find it devastating (due to our ridiculous owners throwing all the hard work away) but I will never give up on OUR club and will be there, with my singing and my flag and cheering on our blue and white boys.

Rovers need us now more than ever. I'm as devastated about the current affairs as any other Rover (uncharacteristically bursting into tears, feeling enraged, true grief if ever I've felt it).

But I'll never let them take our Rovers away from us and will be there whatever happens, through determination and defiance more than anything! :brfc:

Totally get why others wouldn't though. It doesn't feel like our club right now, but I'm convinced it will again.

The problem this time is that prices will go up,(if they do) to cover the costs incurred by Venky blunders--sacked staff, agents commissions and the like. Blackburn people only ever part with hard-earned grudgingly and for a good reason.

A few days ago I voted "unsure yet". I didn't think I would ever contemplate not renewing. Rovers have been a massive part of my life, probably too much so. For 50 years we've been run [as someone else said a couple of days ago] by people who were only ever here in order to improve the club. They weren't in it to get anything out of it, only for what they could put in. Real football people and real Blackburn Rovers men and women.

It isn't like that now. I'm going to see how things go between now and next season with regards to Venky's. They aren't my kind of owners and I can't support anything they've done - so far. I haven't totally given up hope with them though, because they can turn this all around tomorrow. They need to start talking to the fans directly and honestly. That is the single, best thing they can do. Until they do that, they wont generate any trust whatsoever. They need to recognise their mistakes and they need to change direction. They need to bring people in who can advise them properly and they need to listen.

If they can do this and there's no reason why they can't, then in all likelihood, I'll renew. Trouble is, I don't fancy Saturday afternoons at the beck and call of the wife. :lol:

Maybe it's just an age thing.

It is looking odds on that I won't be renewing. The cost of getting to Ewood is becoming too high for me. Costs about £50 in petrol or £40 on the train.

Ironically I would probably be more likely to renew if we went down as there would be more games and I would imagine no increase in price.

:wacko: So you would go to move games, and such a massive cost yet you would renew if we went down?! :blink: Doesnt make sense!

All this has now become too depressing - the signing of Myles Anderson is the last straw.

I will not be renewing my three tickets and if Kean is sacked will first see who is appointed.

Archived