BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next year ticket sales

Are you renewing  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming prices don't rise significantly. Will you be renewing your season ticket?

• Yes. Regardless of us staying up
    • Yes. But only if we stay up
    • Unsure Yet
    • No. I will not renew my season ticket
    • I don't have a season ticket but intend getting one next season
    • I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway

Undecided but leaning to not bothering. Sorry but when I stand back and look it simply doesn't seem to be my club anymore and Prem football just seems a farce and a comfortable club for the media favourites.

Also I'm bracing myself for a significant rise in price and especially so if we are relegated.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fan for many, many years. Watched us play under Gordon Lee, through to the current time.

I have been to over 50 away grounds watching our team and have had season tickets for more than 25 years on the old Riverside upper (seating), Darwen End during re-development and the Blackburn End. Seens the highs of promotion, winning the Full Members, Worthington, PL and the lows of relegation and missed opportunities in the play-offs.

Currently pay for four season tickets. Am able to do so due to current pricing only. My own, my sons, my mums and my nephews. A price increase will certainly affect my ability to pay for four tickets.

However, the bigger issue is as already mooted. I felt like I belonged to something special in the past and it was worth the investment in time and money. I don't recognise the club anymore and much of what I loved and supported has been lost.

I don't just blame the new owners / manager for this although they have played a massive part. The PL in general and the mercenary behaviour of players is just as much to blame. In days gone by you could relate to Rathbone, Derek Faz or Keeley or Gayle and in more recent times the Hendry's, Shearers, Atkins, Tugay's wore their hearts on their sleeves and gave their all, irrespective of respective abilities.

I want my Rovers back and until such time as it returns all is up in the air in terms of my short term financial / time committment to the club.

Undecided but leaning to not bothering. Sorry but when I stand back and look it simply doesn't seem to be my club anymore and Prem football just seems a farce and a comfortable club for the media favourites.

Also I'm bracing myself for a significant rise in price and especially so if we are relegated.

I think i`m with Theno on this one :(

Supported Rovers for over 30yrs. Started going as a boy in the old 3rd Div days.

At this moment in time i feel so disheartened with what`s going on at the club, i`m finding it really hard to keep myself motivated.

We have 3 season tickets & although the days of Big Sam weren`t the best football quality-wise, i felt we were part of something. Now i don`t :(

I feel the heart & soul has been ripped out of the club & i am as yet undecided on whether we`ll re-new. At this moment in time, the money we spend on STs & matchdays looks like it could be diverted towards a nice lovely warm sunny family holiday.

A few days ago I voted "unsure yet". I didn't think I would ever contemplate not renewing. Rovers have been a massive part of my life, probably too much so. For 50 years we've been run [as someone else said a couple of days ago] by people who were only ever here in order to improve the club. They weren't in it to get anything out of it, only for what they could put in. Real football people and real Blackburn Rovers men and women.

It isn't like that now. I'm going to see how things go between now and next season with regards to Venky's. They aren't my kind of owners and I can't support anything they've done - so far. I haven't totally given up hope with them though, because they can turn this all around tomorrow. They need to start talking to the fans directly and honestly. That is the single, best thing they can do. Until they do that, they wont generate any trust whatsoever. They need to recognise their mistakes and they need to change direction. They need to bring people in who can advise them properly and they need to listen.

If they can do this and there's no reason why they can't, then in all likelihood, I'll renew. Trouble is, I don't fancy Saturday afternoons at the beck and call of the wife. :lol:

Maybe it's just an age thing.

The Rao's don't know Den, if they did this post alone would tell them how much trouble they are and what a complete cock up they have made of the whole thing.

:wacko: So you would go to move games, and such a massive cost yet you would renew if we went down?! :blink: Doesnt make sense!

No do the math.

19 Pl home games for £250(estimate figure). If I can make 10 games it works out at £25 a game.

23 champ home games for £210. If I can make 12 games it works out at £17.50 a game, but spread out of a greater space of time plus potential playoffs.

A small saving but the opportunity to attend games increases therefore the risk of financial outlay decreases.

And if you read what I said I would be "more likely" not that i "would". Might be easier if like you I lived in Blackburn or a higher disposable income.

I'll definately be increasing my away days whatever division we end up in as I may be in Australia soon and it is quite hard to get to games from there.

2 factors will play a more important part in peoples decisions.

Whether or not we stay up.....and who we sign/ sell in the summer

3 the price - suspect this will be very important for most. Whatever happens we have one we probably won't renew as our youngest graduates this year and will be staying in York. He'll most likely have to work Saturdays. Not paying for that would ofset a price rise in our tickets but only if the rise was modest.

However, the bigger issue is as already mooted. I felt like I belonged to something special in the past and it was worth the investment in time and money. I don't recognise the club anymore and much of what I loved and supported has been lost.

I don't just blame the new owners / manager for this although they have played a massive part. The PL in general and the mercenary behaviour of players is just as much to blame. In days gone by you could relate to Rathbone, Derek Faz or Keeley or Gayle and in more recent times the Hendry's, Shearers, Atkins, Tugay's wore their hearts on their sleeves and gave their all, irrespective of respective abilities.

I want my Rovers back and until such time as it returns all is up in the air in terms of my short term financial / time committment to the club.

I have felt increasingly removed from the club - but as you say this didn't start with our new owners - but by the greed fest that is the Premier League. At this moment in time - I do feel more connection with the players - the likes of Olsson, Jones, Hoilett have genuine talent and grew up with the club. Its strange - but in some ways I feel more optimistic about the future of the club (with these players coming into the first team) than since the days of Duff, Jansen and Dunn - just a shame that our new owners seem to be doing their best to ensure we miss out on the best production of youth players since 10 years ago.

3 the price - suspect this will be very important for most. Whatever happens we have one we probably won't renew as our youngest graduates this year and will be staying in York. He'll most likely have to work Saturdays. Not paying for that would ofset a price rise in our tickets but only if the rise was modest.

Yes and no.....

Say we stay up, sign some quality and spend abit of money for a change....+ keep our best players & sign Hoilett up.

Personally I dont think if the club increased the basic ST prices from say £209 to £250 would be a crime would you? Yet that is a 20% rise in prices.....EVEN with that it is still much cheaper than probably every club in the prem.

No do the math.

19 Pl home games for £250(estimate figure). If I can make 10 games it works out at £25 a game.

23 champ home games for £210. If I can make 12 games it works out at £17.50 a game, but spread out of a greater space of time plus potential playoffs.

A small saving but the opportunity to attend games increases therefore the risk of financial outlay decreases.

And if you read what I said I would be "more likely" not that i "would". Might be easier if like you I lived in Blackburn or a higher disposable income.

I'll definately be increasing my away days whatever division we end up in as I may be in Australia soon and it is quite hard to get to games from there.

I think if we do go down the prices wont stay the same but go up. The only reason we have cheap season tickets is because they are pretty much subsidised by Sky money. We won't have that luxury in the Championship - my mate's North End ticket was £380.

Like some on here I am also in the undecided category. I love the club and have done so for 20 years, if I decide not to renew it will be nothing to do with what league we are in or what players we sign. I never thought that a day would come where I would have to make this kind of decision, basically the club that I have loved all my life, the values it stood for and what it represented have all become seriously eroded over the last few months.

It’s incredibly hard for me to even contemplate not attending matches, because supporting the club is such an emotional attachment for me. I had planned to take my son to his first match towards the end of the season but the way I feel at the moment I don’t think I will bother.

I will always support the club, whether I am at games or not, but what the club represented to me, the values that it held have in my opinion changed, some people will say great that is progress and I have no problems with that but what the club is starting to represent isn’t for me.

To be honest just very confused at the moment with everything Rovers related.

Yes and no.....

Say we stay up, sign some quality and spend abit of money for a change....+ keep our best players & sign Hoilett up.

Personally I dont think if the club increased the basic ST prices from say £209 to £250 would be a crime would you? Yet that is a 20% rise in prices.....EVEN with that it is still much cheaper than probably every club in the prem.

But it's not the who we sign, whether we stay up, or whatever that would affect my decision. I would watch the team whoever played and whichever division we were in, if prices stay within reason. Now 250 wouldn't be a lot and yes, I could afford that, but 400, which is a perfectly common price at lots of clubs, well, I'd have to think about that. Increasingly I miss matches because I'm away on holiday or I have unavoidable committments elsewhere so it's not 19 games for 400, but 13-14. That makes the convenience of having a set seat quite a lot more expensive, and it would probably be more sensible to pick and choose my games. It will all boil down to finance - we could sign Kaka and I wouldn't renew if i couldn't justify the expense of the ticket

• Backroom

I would personally be amazed to see full season tickets for less than £250. Problem is we have been spoilt with underpriced tickets so any moves towards a price more in line with what you expect then people will moan.

Like some on here I am also in the undecided category. I love the club and have done so for 20 years, if I decide not to renew it will be nothing to do with what league we are in or what players we sign. I never thought that a day would come where I would have to make this kind of decision, basically the club that I have loved all my life, the values it stood for and what it represented have all become seriously eroded over the last few months.

It’s incredibly hard for me to even contemplate not attending matches, because supporting the club is such an emotional attachment for me. I had planned to take my son to his first match towards the end of the season but the way I feel at the moment I don’t think I will bother.

I will always support the club, whether I am at games or not, but what the club represented to me, the values that it held have in my opinion changed, some people will say great that is progress and I have no problems with that but what the club is starting to represent isn’t for me.

To be honest just very confused at the moment with everything Rovers related.

Well said.

There has always been an emotional attachment with this club in particular. Its the only club where the players always turn around and comment on the "family feeling". Everything is calm, relaxed & homely. Scrap that. Everything WAS.

When people asked why do you support a small club that doesnt win anything, you could proudly answer that "you wouldnt even understand".

Those feelings have been systematically KILLED by the new owners. At least in me. I had tears in my eyes and down my face for the first time since our relegation season when I was only 16, after the Blackpool game cause I could literally see things slipping away beyond a point of return.

Right now I only want the club to stay up and on the date of our HOPEFUL survival, we need to decide as fans what we can do for Blackburn Rovers. Until then we have to support what's on the pitch because we are voiceless.

Nevertheless, I'd still change the manager at any given time, and I hope that after the Arsenal game he is gone if we lose.

When people asked why do you support a small club that doesnt win anything, you could proudly answer that "you wouldnt even understand".

You should turn the question round on them and ask why they feel the need to choose to tag on to a a 'big' club? Does it make them feel more of a success in their own life?

Absolutely.

Mattyblue - I love that response, will definitely be using it!!!

I am terrified of anyone taking the mickey about what is happening to Rovers, especially if they never go to football matches and tag themselves on to Man Utd's success like its some sort of reflection on them!! :rolleyes: I have no idea how I would respond, but I am well aware it wouldn't be pretty!!!

Personally I can see a hike in season ticket prices next year. In honesty though, i'm not too fussed about the price. We've been extremely fortunate to have such low prices in the past.

As for whether i'm going to renew.... I highly doubt it. Too much has gone on this year that I simply don't agree with, and I see no other way of acting other than to do so with my feet. It's a decision i've come to terms with before the end of the season, so regardless of the division we're in, i'm 99% sure i'm out.

It's a shame really, as I really have enjoyed going on the games over the years, but it's clear to me the club is being run like a complete joke, with a joke of a manager in charge. Enough is enough.

Absolutely.

Mattyblue - I love that response, will definitely be using it!!!

I am terrified of anyone taking the mickey about what is happening to Rovers, especially if they never go to football matches and tag themselves on to Man Utd's success like its some sort of reflection on them!! :rolleyes: I have no idea how I would respond, but I am well aware it wouldn't be pretty!!!

With some, you can ask them how many matches they attend. They then look at you blankly as if the thought never crossed their mind.

With others, I simply point out that I support the club I love and I expect them to respect that just as I respect their choice of club. I won't take any flak from anyone about my choice.

Funnily enough, with most they don't even get that far. They end up wishing Rovers all the best :)

With some, you can ask them how many matches they attend. They then look at you blankly as if the thought never crossed their mind.

With others, I simply point out that I support the club I love and I expect them to respect that just as I respect their choice of club. I won't take any flak from anyone about my choice.

Funnily enough, with most they don't even get that far. They end up wishing Rovers all the best :)

:)

I would personally be amazed to see full season tickets for less than £250. Problem is we have been spoilt with underpriced tickets so any moves towards a price more in line with what you expect then people will moan.

Problem is – they need to be careful

£209 is the price of an adult ticket in the Bburn End now (I think), which I would have no problem if they raise – 20% rise to £250 and I don’t think too many will moan. Anything more and it’s a HUGE increase….

Regardless of how low our current prices are. They need to realise that a lot of jobs are currently being cut and in the next few months unemployment is about to rocket with all the local government cuts.

Then you have disillusioned fans due to what has happened to Sam/ JW and also whether or not they back the new owners, and agree with their media drive with the talk of Kaka/ Ronaldinho.

I've just put "Unsure yet". There are a number of reasons for this.

At the start, I'd want to state that I'm desperate for us to stay up. Rovers have been "my" team since the first game I can remember my Dad taking me to in the 1952/53 season and I'm "Rovers till I die".

However, I would have no qualms about watching us in the Championship - when you've cheered the team on at places like Halifax and Cambridge or, worst memory of all :angry2: , a League Cup replay defeat at Colchester in 1977, it puts the present situation in perspective.

Nevertheless, while I'd factor the cost of a season ticket into the m1st annual budget, I have think more practically as I grow older. I've not lived in Blackburn for 30 years now, and haven't driven for the past 4. That means that, to get to games, I'm mainly dependent on friends who live further away from town and are prepared to make a slight detour to collect me and drop me off afterwards.

If they decide not to renew, then, while my over-60s bus pass would mean I'd have no problem getting to daytime games, I'd probably miss evening games. Too many of them next season and a season ticket would become uneconomical.

However, there's a bit more to it than that for me.

Attending a match is only a part [the major part, of course] of my Saturday afternoons and occasional midweek evenings. In the early 1970s, a workmate invited me join a group of his mates; that group has grown over the years and 9 or 10 of us have been meeting before games in various pubs over the years ever since. As we've grown older, very few of us still live close to the town. While we sit in different parts of the ground, 5 of us are in neighbouring seats in the Riverside. No disrespect to other people who sit near us there and with whom we have the "craic"; but if, in this Age of Austerity, my mates decided that, as we grow older, they weren't going to renew, then that would influence my decision too.

£400 I would renew. Our 'crew' would renew. Why? Because will love each other. We love being part of each others Saturdays. We all have different lives and don't live in each others pockets......But when Saturday comes!

Archived