BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next year ticket sales

Are you renewing  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming prices don't rise significantly. Will you be renewing your season ticket?

• Yes. Regardless of us staying up
    • Yes. But only if we stay up
    • Unsure Yet
    • No. I will not renew my season ticket
    • I don't have a season ticket but intend getting one next season
    • I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway

I find it funny how people who have been fans for a generation are falling out of love with the Rovers because a new owner is making some questionable decisions.

Is the Venky's situation ideal? No, but lets get it in some prespective!

I'd love to jump in a DeLorean and travel back forty years to 1971 and tell some of the members on here after seeing the club finish 13th in the old 3rd Division (currently League One)

"You know what mate, in forty years time, Rovers will have spent ten consecutive years in the top division, albeit this season they are in a relegation battle, but they are capable of staying up, they'll have a modern stadium, a team full of internationals, possibly the most exciting crop of youngsters to ever come through the club and a good pedigree in the cup competitions. Oh and along the way the club will win the Premiership title and League Cup and represent England in Europe several times. And you will be fed up of going."

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it funny how people who have been fans for a generation are falling out of love with the Rovers because a new owner is making some questionable decisions.

I'd love to jump in a DeLorean and travel back forty years to 1971 and tell some of the members on here after seeing the club finish 13th in the old 3rd Division (currently League One)

"You know what mate, in forty years time, Rovers will have spent ten consecutive years in the top division, albeit this season they are in a relegation battle, but they are capable of staying up, they'll have a modern stadium, a team full of internationals, possibly the most exciting crop of youngsters to ever come through the club and a good pedigree in the cup competitions. Oh and along the way the club will win the Premiership title and League Cup and represent England in Europe several times. And you will be fed up of going."

Obsessed.

Excellent. Rovers til I die.

Worrying statistics.

If you remove the I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway from the poll

The combined percentage of Unsure yet and No. I will not renew my season ticket amounts to 42%

The combined percentage of Unsure yet and No. I will not renew my season ticket amounts to 42%

...... lending credence to the long held Burnley fans' view that Rovers have the most 'plastic', fickle support in the country.

This summer is really going to sort the men out from the boys when it comes to supporting BRFC.

Guest linganzi

I'll be there whatever bar an affordable price hike. In many ways though is rather not give venkys my cash, but overall you get behind the club when you can

...... lending credence to the long held Burnley fans' view that Rovers have the most 'plastic', fickle support in the country.

This summer is really going to sort the men out from the boys when it comes to supporting BRFC.

Nooooo it doesn't. I can't imagine many sets of supporters being able to swallow what we're having to swallow with acceptance right now. We're powerless and actually, this is the ONLY way people can make their feelings hurt the owners, and let them know that their actions are unacceptable. If you feel like the club you love has been snatched away, why would you spend your hard earned cash in VERY tough times in renewing when things are as they are?

I voted I will renew by the way. Whether we're in the EPL or the conference, this is my club and even though I'm scared witless and very sad at all this mayhem, I'm not having my club ripped from my heart and my weekends.

Get real.

I'll be there next season, but proper, Rovers fanatics are going by the wayside.

My dad is thinking about stopping- been going since the 1960s, been to 3/4 of the away games this season.

A mate of mine that lives and breathes Rovers, he is on about boycotting till Venky's leave.

Even the likes of den, 1864 Roverite on this message board are thinking of packing it in- these are long standing, Rovers nuts.

These arent your plastic, 'fickle' suppporters these are our lifeblood.

p.s. And as for the Dingles and 'plastic, fickle' support, this is a club that struggled to muster 10000 fans pre Coyle (3000 for an FA Cup tie in their promotion season), then 20000 on in the PL, now back down to 13000.

Don't make me laugh, ES!

Worrying statistics.

If you remove the I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway from the poll

Maybe true....but you can also look at it the other way and say the number of yes & 'unsure' together is over 70%....+ then if you take out those that dont count (i.e. dont already have a ST) then your up to 83%.

There is always around a 10% turnover - people leaving, new people joining so at the moment it doesnt look too bad. Which league we are in next season will sway alot of the 'unsure' ones.

It is a massive wake up call to Venky's to get their marketing and communication to the EXISTING fan base right.

Running Radio Pravda interviews with Steve Kean simply alienates far more true fans.

Very true, Philip, on both counts. But are they aware of fans' feelings and do they care?

I honestly think the only acceptable reasons for not renewing are:

• Can't afford the cost of the ticket
    Travel, either moving away or the increased fuel prices
    Health issues

Everything else, in my opinion is balking when things aren't quite going perfect.

The club needs our support!

Plus historically, people have always founnd a reason to boycott. Coincidence? hmmm <_<

• Allardyce
    Ince
    Kidd
    The 1960 FA Cup Final ticketing fiasco

People didn't actually boycott after Ince, Kidd, Allardyce, just hot air.

I hope it is just that this time, but the people I am hearing from saying that they will boycott have NEVER even contemplated it in the past.

What a lot of people say now and what they actually do when they've been without football for a few months over the summer, have painted the house and mown the lawns ad nauseam is often different. I think most will not rush to renew and will wait till the last minute to do so knowing that there is plenty of time and will be plenty of room.

I think the pricing will sort the men out from the boys ES, its rude not to attend at £200, but if that gets to £3-£400 thats a different story.

I think the pricing will sort the men out from the boys ES, its rude not to attend at £200, but if that gets to £3-£400 thats a different story.

Burnley pay that every season :rolleyes:

Dead right, rog; excellent post.

I've no doubt we'll both have been at some terrible games 40 years ago; and if you'd predicted that then, people would have thought your medication was wearing off!!

I just wanted to add one thing which I don't think has yet been covered in this debate and that is the question of "cherry-picking" games.

If I don't renew my ticket, I didn't say I'd never go through the Blackburn End Disabled persons' Entrance again. All I said was that that there could be certain matches which would be out of the question for me to attend; and that, if there are more than a few of them in a season, then it makes a season-ticket, whatever its price, uneconomical.

As I said in my earlier post, "I'm Rovers till I die" [like all of us on here, I hope]; and, if I have to come over to Ewood for daytime matches by bus, so be it; I've done it before, I'll do it again - it's just that I wouldn't be able to get home from evening games by public transport and wouldn't want to factor the cost of an hotel room into my football-watching budget.

• Backroom

You can guarantee that if we stay up and prices stay similar a lot of those saying they are unsure and those saying they won't renew will indeed end up renewing.

Each to their own though, nobody is obliged to go.

Maybe true....but you can also look at it the other way and say the number of yes & 'unsure' together is over 70%....+ then if you take out those that dont count (i.e. dont already have a ST) then your up to 83%.

There is always around a 10% turnover - people leaving, new people joining so at the moment it doesnt look too bad. Which league we are in next season will sway alot of the 'unsure' ones.

I hope your right Hughesy with 83%.

But even that will result in a lot of revenue especially when I hear that the people thinking of not renewing are from the more expensive seats.

I hope your right Hughesy with 83%.

But even that will result in a lot of revenue especially when I hear that the people thinking of not renewing are from the more expensive seats.

There are no expensive seats. They are all very reasonable. I have a brilliant seat and I would be a fool to lose it by not renewing. You are all Rovers fans or you wouldn't be on here. It's the least expensive club in the league. Get on with it and renew. We need the crowds for the atmosphere. You know you want to.

Archived