BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next year ticket sales

Are you renewing  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming prices don't rise significantly. Will you be renewing your season ticket?

• Yes. Regardless of us staying up
    • Yes. But only if we stay up
    • Unsure Yet
    • No. I will not renew my season ticket
    • I don't have a season ticket but intend getting one next season
    • I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is always around a 10% turnover - people leaving, new people joining so at the moment it doesnt look too bad.

10% turnover .... with a net balance of zero (10% go, 10% new).

Our stats (which I admit are tilted towards more dedicated fans) , even using your best case scenario numbers, are 17% gone, 0.98% new, meaning a 16.2% drop, not a 10% (net 0% loss) churn.

Which league we are in next season will sway alot of the 'unsure' ones.

Again, whilst acknowledging our demographic is skewed towards the more dedicated fans slightly 0.98% expect to be swayed solely by the league we are in, hardly "alot".

(BTW Off topic, but if "alot" bother you in the same way it does me, you should read this, it's brilliant ! Then imagine a cross between a bear, a yak and a pug, swaying gently in the breeze)

I think if we do go down the prices wont stay the same but go up. The only reason we have cheap season tickets is because they are pretty much subsidised by Sky money. We won't have that luxury in the Championship - my mate's North End ticket was £380.

Indeed. I warned when the club reduced the ST prices that relegation would necessitate them returning to real world prices and would have a double whammy effect on spectator numbers.

Get real.

I'll be there next season, but proper, Rovers fanatics are going by the wayside.

My dad is thinking about stopping- been going since the 1960s, been to 3/4 of the away games this season.

A mate of mine that lives and breathes Rovers, he is on about boycotting till Venky's leave.

Even the likes of den, 1864 Roverite on this message board are thinking of packing it in- these are long standing, Rovers nuts.

These arent your plastic, 'fickle' suppporters these are our lifeblood.

p.s. And as for the Dingles and 'plastic, fickle' support, this is a club that struggled to muster 10000 fans pre Coyle (3000 for an FA Cup tie in their promotion season), then 20000 on in the PL, now back down to 13000.

Sorry, that doesn't wash. We have been the most molly-coddled set of fans in the country. Supporting a club that should, for size of fan base, be competing with the likes of Rochdale and Bury, and yet here we are competing with the big boys for almost two decades ... and all for a price only bettered in professional circles by Blue Square Wannabes. Get some perspective .... now is pay-back time.The Venkys are temporary custodians of our club ... nobody, least of all the Venkys themselves, is happy with the perilous state of the club at the moment ... but one thing is for sure ... turning your back on the club (the cowards way out when the pain and humiliation get too much) 'ain't going to help the thing we all claim to love one iota. To reiterate the point I made in my earlier post ... the next few months will determine the REAL supporters of the club ... the type of people you would want to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with in the trenches.

To reiterate the point I made in my earlier post ... the next few months will determine the REAL supporters of the club ... the type of people you would want to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with in the trenches.

I'm undecided about next season. Four other memebers of my immediate family are not bothering.

Are we not real supporters then?

Obviously not.

You're being far too simplistic here. There may be all sorts of reasons why people are not renewing or considering not renewing. And as someone else said, not renewing a season ticket does not mean you won't be at some of the games at least, whatever league Rovers play in. i don't care about the league, but i do need to think more carefully at this stage in my life about what I spend money on and perhaps for me next season a season ticket may not be the best option. I may look at things and decide it still is. It will depend on circumstances nearer the time and that's why i voted unsure. The odds are probably just about in favour of renewal but people like you telling me and others we are not real fans if we don't get a season ticket are more likely to drive us away than push us into buying.

You want to get out more ! I'll no doubt be renewing though

Why is it I wonder, that those who wish to appear 'cool' about their support for Rovers, always qualify it with an affirmation of their intent to renew?

Why is it I wonder, that those who wish to appear 'cool' about their support for Rovers, always qualify it with an affirmation of their intent to renew?

I'm far too old to worry about being cool. i'm telling it like it is. If financial circumstances mean I can renew then I probably will. If they don't i won't. And i suspect there are many more like me. An increase in ticket prices won't put me off if it's reasonable. a huge hike will despite the fact that i know it's probably still relatively cheap by premier league standards, but I simply won't be able to afford it with all the other demands on my income.

There are no expensive seats. They are all very reasonable. I have a brilliant seat and I would be a fool to lose it by not renewing. You are all Rovers fans or you wouldn't be on here. It's the least expensive club in the league. Get on with it and renew. We need the crowds for the atmosphere. You know you want to.

Agreed Al, attending ewood is not expensive compared to other clubs.

What I was pointing out was that it's the loss of supporters buying the most expensive season tickets within Ewood.

<br /><br />

I'm far too old to worry about being cool. i'm telling it like it is. If financial circumstances mean I can renew then I probably will. If they don't i won't. And i suspect there are many more like me. An increase in ticket prices won't put me off if it's reasonable. a huge hike will despite the fact that i know it's probably still relatively cheap by premier league standards, but I simply won't be able to afford it with all the other demands on my income.

Like gumboots I have long passed the age of needing to be cool. I will be renewing two of our three seats, the driving force being Tom's great love of Rovers and his bed for assistance to get there. I won't be renewing my eldest's ticket because he struggles to get home for games.

If I were only considering myself, and prices remain reasonable, l would renew BUT I might pick and chose games. TBH this more to do with my general feelings about the PL than the Rao family. I have loads of other stuff to fit into the rest of my life and sometimes this is more attractive than watching footie but it is a PL not a Rovers thing.

Guest linganzi

Ditto re the coolness other than a crazy hike I'm there but you don't know what other costs are round the corner, if there is no money for the rovers its as simple as that. It's a slim possibility but its a possibility

Sorry, that doesn't wash. We have been the most molly-coddled set of fans in the country. Supporting a club that should, for size of fan base, be competing with the likes of Rochdale and Bury, and yet here we are competing with the big boys for almost two decades ... and all for a price only bettered in professional circles by Blue Square Wannabes. Get some perspective .... now is pay-back time.The Venkys are temporary custodians of our club ... nobody, least of all the Venkys themselves, is happy with the perilous state of the club at the moment ... but one thing is for sure ... turning your back on the club (the cowards way out when the pain and humiliation get too much) 'ain't going to help the thing we all claim to love one iota. To reiterate the point I made in my earlier post ... the next few months will determine the REAL supporters of the club ... the type of people you would want to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with in the trenches.

I disagree, it`s not a cowards way out......it is pure & simply a thing called 'choice'.

If somebody is unhappy with a situation, do they just sit there & take it? :huh: One option is to not finance the situation you`re opposed to. That is not cowardice, it`s called using your noggin.

You can turn this round on its head & say 'I don`t like this situation, but i`m gonna keep bankrolling it'.....now, that to me isn`t loyalty, it what could be called stupidity.

The only good thing about standing next to an idiot in a trench is, hopefully that idiot will be stupid enough to take the bullet with your name on it! :blink:

You forget one thing.....football is supposed to be enjoyed NOT endured.

The day is stop enjoying my football is the day i`ll start doing & enjoying something else on a Saturday.

All this bravado about "REAL" supporters is complete tosh. People have & will always vote with their feet in all sorts of situations in life.

I disagree, it`s not a cowards way out......it is pure & simply a thing called 'choice'.

If somebody is unhappy with a situation, do they just sit there & take it? :huh: One option is to not finance the situation you`re opposed to. That is not cowardice, it`s called using your noggin.

You can turn this round on its head & say 'I don`t like this situation, but i`m gonna keep bankrolling it'.....now, that to me isn`t loyalty, it what could be called stupidity.

The only good thing about standing next to an idiot in a trench is, hopefully that idiot will be stupid enough to take the bullet with your name on it! :blink:

The day is stop enjoying my football is the day i`ll start doing & enjoying something else on a Saturday.

All this bravado about "REAL" supporters is complete tosh. People have & will always vote with their feet in all sorts of situations in life.

So with voting with your feet, must also mean you would be happy for the club to go bust because of your action. because no football club can survive without its supporters going to matches.

Agree with most of this.

If any owner, in the eyes of the supporters, is seen to be making the right decisions and communicating with the fans, then they would be supported even when things were tough.

This lot, are, IMO, a complete shower of the proverbial. They have alienated many with their deceit (on acquisition, they weren't looking to change the management, but have), their unbelievable actions and their p1ss poor communication / empathy with the supporters.

They do not deserve our support.

So with voting with your feet, must also mean you would be happy for the club to go bust because of your action. because no football club can survive without its supporters going to matches.

I went to my first game in the 1979/80 season. They were the Howard Kendall 3rd division days. I was about 10yrs old.

Funnily enough the club had survived 105yrs without my financial support....& i had lasted 10yrs before discovering the Rovers.

Nobody wants the club to go bust, but i am certainly not a person to sit & bankroll something i don`t agree with......out of some stupid sense of loyalty :wacko:

Like i said previously i am still undecided on whether we will re-new, but i certainly won`t have the 'loyalty' card thrown at me. The decision will be mine & mine only.

If the club lose something like 10k season ticket holders overnight, maybe JUST maybe the owners will sit up & listen. They might even shape up a bit......or if they don`t like it, they might ship out.

I`d absolutely love :wub:Venkys to be great & wonderful owners of Blackburn Rovers. Owners who invest in top players, listen to the fans & keep Rovers strong traditions alive for another 130+ years.......but so far they`ve shown they are amateurish, ill advised & completely out of their depth. If my possible decision to vote with my feet helps to hasten their shaping up or shipping out then it might be worth it.

For those who blindly follow, keep paying their dosh & put up with things.....you`ve got to ask yourself "Is my lack of action giving Venkys the thumbs up :tu: to carry on the way they are doing?" :huh:

Every individual Rovers fans should be asking themselves that question.

Agree with most of this.

If any owner, in the eyes of the supporters, is seen to be making the right decisions and communicating with the fans, then they would be supported even when things were tough.

This lot, are, IMO, a complete shower of the proverbial. They have alienated many with their deceit (on acquisition, they weren't looking to change the management, but have), their unbelievable actions and their p1ss poor communication / empathy with the supporters.

They do not deserve our support.

Have Venkys actually done ANYTHING right since buying the club? :huh:

I`m finding it hard to think of owt.....

What is a football club?

The actual physical structure of ground, owners, players or is it something deeper?

For me, it's about being part of something that is in it's third century, I'm a fifth generation Rover and this club is an institution in East Lancashire.

I have talked to countless die in the wool Blues recently that have been going to Ewood their entire lives, that discuss Rovers like you discuss a member of the family and many are talking about jacking it all in.

You can throw accusations of 'fickle' at these fans but they have watched all manner of @#/? on the pitch over the years but never waivered, but now feel their club has gone.

So, so sad and what gets me us that it was all avoidable if they would just have listened to JW et al.

What is a football club?

I totally agree with all you said Mattyblue.

A football club to people like Venkys is just a business aquisition, a vessel used to promote their company on a bigger global market.

They`ve thought it through & decided buying a premierleague football club will enhance their global reputation. It`s a BIG gamble for them.

For us, Blackburn Rovers is 130+ years of tradition. Generations of families have followed the Rovers. It goes deep, far deeper than just football.

For Venkys, Blackburn Rovers is a business venture. Businesses are there to make money.....it`s that simple.

If Venkys fail to make money, they will offload the club.....probably selling off anything of value before they do so.

What is a football club?

The actual physical structure of ground, owners, players or is it something deeper?

For me, it's about being part of something that is in it's third century, I'm a fifth generation Rover and this club is an institution in East Lancashire.

I have talked to countless die in the wool Blues recently that have been going to Ewood their entire lives, that discuss Rovers like you discuss a member of the family and many are talking about jacking it all in.

You can throw accusations of 'fickle' at these fans but they have watched all manner of @#/? on the pitch over the years but never waivered, but now feel their club has gone.

So, so sad and what gets me us that it was all avoidable if they would just have listened to JW et al.

Sadly, a very true post.

If relegated, and more likely than not, I can see our gates made-up of c10,000 core and a travelling support.

After almost 50 years of support for the club, I will not be one of them.

I don't think the penny has yet dropped with some of our most optimistic posters as to just how bad things are.

They can get on with it. I'll be there. :glare:

True supporters will be at ewood nxt season , if need be wel all occupy one stand. !! come on everyone ,does it mean you can't support a team out of prem ? pathetic attitude . yes where all hurting bad but it's rovers we follow not venkys ( ask Newcastle how they feel about Ashley. ) still follow

Sadly, a very true post.

If relegated, and more likely than not, I can see our gates made-up of c10,000 core and a travelling support.

After almost 50 years of support for the club, I will not be one of them.

I don't think the penny has yet dropped with some of our most optimistic posters as to just how bad things are.

I think it has but they are just dealing with it differently. Just as grief takes many forms and goes through stages which for some last a long time and others only a brief spell, so it is with watching the decline of our club. People are at different stages of accepting what is happening and some can only cope by looking on the bright side whilst others like to face the worst possible scenario then anything better feels like a bonus. Depends what kind of person you are, but I think one and all we know that things are potentially very bad.

Archived