BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next year ticket sales

Are you renewing  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming prices don't rise significantly. Will you be renewing your season ticket?

• Yes. Regardless of us staying up
    • Yes. But only if we stay up
    • Unsure Yet
    • No. I will not renew my season ticket
    • I don't have a season ticket but intend getting one next season
    • I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway

True supporters will be at ewood nxt season , if need be wel all occupy one stand. !! come on everyone ,does it mean you can't support a team out of prem ? pathetic attitude . yes where all hurting bad but it's rovers we follow not venkys ( ask Newcastle how they feel about Ashley. ) still follow

Many on here have watched Rovers up & down the divisions....just as many have only been around since the dawn of the premier League.

It`s not a question of relegation. It`s a question of morality for some.....do they put their cash into a company that has ripped the heart & soul out of the club they love? :huh:

It goes far deeper than just being a premier league club.

Rovers will always be my team. Even if they folded, i could never support another team....not even a Lancashire United (sorry Gord :unsure: )

If you wish to finance the people who are doing this to your club, then fine. Good luck, but don`t whinge when it`s too late to do something about it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40 years of watching Rovers through thick and thin are being brought to an end by a bunch of clowns who make a mockery of the finest club in British Football.

The Rao's don't know Den, if they did this post alone would tell them how much trouble they are and what a complete cock up they have made of the whole thing.

It is a massive wake up call to Venky's to get their marketing and communication to the EXISTING fan base right.

Running Radio Pravda interviews with Steve Kean simply alienates far more true fans.

Very true, Philip, on both counts. But are they aware of fans' feelings and do they care?

All points to the ineptitude of the new owners who, through stupid, amateurish decisions have "ripped the heart out of our beloved club".

If only they would read this site and communicate properly with the fans.

I have voted "unsure" because for nearly 60 years I have followed and supported Blackburn Rovers.

I do not intend to follow and support Venkys Athletic Football Club Advertising Company.

I shall wait and see what develops but I'm not optimistic. sad.gif

P.S. Maybe those of you have have any real spare cash could club together and charter a flight to India (a la Steve Kean) to talk personally to Mrs D and her brothers. Just a thought.

I will be renewing come what may.

The events of the past few months have not given me much faith in the new owners but we have been through worse times. The 1960 FA cup final fiasco with large amounts of tickets being flogged on the black market cost us a few thousand supporters. In those days being on the board of a football club was a licence to print money. Once the effect of the minimum wage kicked in and the playing field changed we lost more support as people drifted towards the more successful clubs of the era, school became infested by utd, city, leeds, everton, l'pool armchair fans.

A succession of local business men had kept us just about afloat until Jack came along. And then we still managed to lose support as quite a few people i knew gave up as they didn't like the money side of it, the shift of power from the clubs to the players. Obviously this was a small net loss as they were replaced by thousands who wanted to be part of the success and the glory. I would imagine a lot of those will jump ship at the thought of championship football but will no doubt put down as a protest against the current regime.

I have not enjoyed too many games of late and my only protest was to leave Villa park ten minutes early but few things make me as content than 3 points for the rovers. One club, one love.

They have to rise..however its the ammount which will be crucial....even though we had the cheapest around if the % is high fhen expect a substantial decrease in attendances.........like someone said earlier..i would leave it till the last minute let the owners sweat.....if we go down they definately will be sweating.

jimmy if they "have to rise" ,how much would be realistic to keep supportors?

like i said earlier,id keep going to watch rovers even if we played sunday mornings in pub leagues as long the finacial line isnt crossed,inlations rising,foods rising,fuels rising bills rising,bills are rising and csa are blood sucking satan loving scum (another thread lol) but theres a line thats drawn and if it was say london prices i for one couldnt afford it ,simple.

On another note if we do go down whgilst theres a rovers playing i will do my damdest to be there.(price permitting) .I know what people say about our prices but hey its the way it is because its what people can afford.

Abbey....i would estimate it at 10% -20% i have my other son starting next season so thats me,my 8 and 4 year old....if they go up drastic thats me out priced....my family are top of tje list as anyones is.

Dont get me wrong i would be very happy for them to be "froze",but the way the owners have just about ruined everything in the last 4 months it wouldnt surprise me to see we are "next" on the agenda.....

£210 in the BBEnd IS cheap, nobody is going to argue with that. However, you make them £300/350/400 and that is a steep increase on what fans are used to paying- the fact that it would only be what other clubs charge, doesn't come into peoples thinking.

If it hovers around the 250 mark i reckon that is realisic.....however if we go down that price will put a lot off plus the ones with their pre excuses as well.....the darwen end will have to remain the same offer (pricewise around the 170-180)..to keep it going...

I have talked to countless die in the wool Blues recently that have been going to Ewood their entire lives, that discuss Rovers like you discuss a member of the family and many are talking about jacking it all in.

You can throw accusations of 'fickle' at these fans but they have watched all manner of @#/? on the pitch over the years but never waivered, but now feel their club has gone.

So you jack family members in when times are tough!?

True fans/ family - yeah!!

So you jack family members in when times are tough!?

True fans/ family - yeah!!

Well you can criticise the folk who are saying they are disillusioned Hughesy, or you can try to understand what's happening here. Earlier you put your reasoning that people would drop off because of relegation. many fans that are now doubting, have followed the club through three divisions - and got just as much enjoyment in them all.

Why do you think that people like Bazza, a fan for 60 years, and one of the most positive fans on this site, is thinking of calling it a day?

Well you can criticise the folk who are saying they are disillusioned Hughesy, or you can try to understand what's happening here. Earlier you put your reasoning that people would drop off because of relegation. many fans that are now doubting, have followed the club through three divisions - and got just as much enjoyment in them all.

Why do you think that people like Bazza, a fan for 60 years, and one of the most positive fans on this site, is thinking of calling it a day?

He's getting old? And the walk is a struggle? :P

For me the 'disillusioned' arguement is too soon....yes its been a tough few months, but hell we need to give the new owners time - it was never going to be perfect. Its times like this when the players need the Fans more than ever. Like iv said before now is not the time, for now they need our support and then we can see how the situation unfolds in the summer.

As for Abbey - yes I wish for the best 11 on the pitch to give us the best chance....simples really, even for you surely!

For me the 'disillusioned' arguement is too soon....yes its been a tough few months, but hell we need to give the new owners time - it was never going to be perfect. Its times like this when the players need the Fans more than ever. Like iv said before now is not the time, for now they need our support and then we can see how the situation unfolds in the summer.

I don't think you're understanding what people are saying Hughesy. Too soon - new owners time - players need the fans - see how the situation is in the summer? They all know that, but still can't find the enthusiasm.

Hughesy...

Wtf are you rambling on about here?..inside 4 months even a dingle couldnt do as much damage as.chicken run could have done.....

It works both ways wirh players and fans .end of.

As for picking best 11,can you tell me when kean as had his best out there?...

What is a football club?

I totally agree with all you said Mattyblue.

A football club to people like Venkys is just a business aquisition, a vessel used to promote their company on a bigger global market.

They`ve thought it through & decided buying a premierleague football club will enhance their global reputation. It`s a BIG gamble for them.

For us, Blackburn Rovers is 130+ years of tradition. Generations of families have followed the Rovers. It goes deep, far deeper than just football.

For Venkys, Blackburn Rovers is a business venture. Businesses are there to make money.....it`s that simple.

If Venkys fail to make money, they will offload the club.....probably selling off anything of value before they do so.

The same could be said of any Premier League club. This is the way football is now - business first, sport second. The inception of the Premier League and the direction it took football has a lot to answer for, and it's slowly killing the game IMO.

I will still be renewing but anything over £400 would be pushing it. I've paid that before in the not too distant past, but to be honest I can think of better things to do with the money these days. That's not a slight on the club, but more down to my disillusionment with the game as a whole.

The poll results so far are a bit worrying. Ignoring the last option that doesn't really matter and the 2 with practically no votes and its 55% yes, 29% not sure and 16% no. Splitting the not sures down the middle and we could be losing at least a quarter of our season ticket holders next year. Obviously a fair few people always say they're not renewing and then do anyway but this is also a poll among fans who you'd expect to be more committed than average (as they spend all week on here talking about Rovers). One things for sure, go down and we could be averaging close to Burnley's crowds next season.

He's getting old? And the walk is a struggle? :P

As for Abbey - yes I wish for the best 11 on the pitch to give us the best chance....simples really, even for you surely!

everyone wants to see the strongest team Doh. But wishing injury on your own players is simply a disgrace and weird..simples..grasp?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived