BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

I have to say reading that very worrying but could turn out to be a bonus if this defender turns out good can't do any worse than what we already have. As specified is JA now no longer at the club?. Can this player be classed as 3rd party involvement? could be very tricky.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say reading that very worrying but could turn out to be a bonus if this defender turns out good can't do any worse than what we already have. As specified is JA now no longer at the club?. Can this player be classed as 3rd party involvement? could be very tricky.

Well 13 minutes for a Rovers XI vs Southport and 5 minutes for Aberdeen suggests that he's not very good.

I saw Anderson play for the Reserves in a couple of pre-season games and to say he was nothing special would be an understatement. The fact that Nick Blackman, a player who has really struggled to make an impression at Reserve level, was given a new contract in January and now the signing of Anderson really does show what a state we are in. I can only assume we are signing players with a view for life outside of the Premier League.

As usual with the football authorities I suspect that they will do nothing and hope that relegation takes care of the problem. In the past clubs like Leeds, Norwich, Leicester, Southampton, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday etc have gone from the Premier League to League One in very little time and I have no doubt that we would do likewise.

As a club Rovers really need to be very careful at the moment. There are many people within the game and outside of the game who are deeply concerned about what is going on at Rovers, the way that Sam was removed and John Williams leaving has further reinforced these concerns, within the game we are now referred to as “SEM Rovers”.

The people I have talked to, the impression given is the Jerome Anderson is one of the best agents in representing people who are his clients, the players and former players who he represents absolutely love him, but aside from these people he is not very popular, this coupled with his almost day to day involvement at Brockhall during the transfer window has caused problems, particularly with the FA. Whenever a agent is involved with a club the FA are going to be concerned, when an agent is involved with a club and a highly respected chairman such as John Williams leaves (without seeming proper reason) then those concerns are going to be heightened.

The Formica transfer worries me, I really hope that there is no hint of any third party ownership involvement in that because if there is then the FA are going to come down very hard on Rovers.

As for Myles Anderson, maybe he will turn out to be a superstar defender, but the fact that he is Jerome Anderson’s son, the fact that he (Jerome Anderson) is/was so heavily involved within the club, the fact that Sam talked about outside influences and the fact that Kean is a SEM client, means that this particular player signing will hurt any credibility that Kean has and is bound to raise more questions within the FA regarding what exactly is going on at Rovers. I also for sorry for the player, the changing room of a football club is often a unforgiving environment, so regardless of his ability, most players will view him as only being at the club because of his dad. It is very similar problem to players whose father’s are the manager of the club face.

What the owners need to do is simple, appoint a chairman/woman (preferably one with a proper business background), clarify in no uncertain terms what exactly Jerome Andersons role is (or even if he has a role anymore), then empower the Chairman/woman to run the football club without any outside interference, if they do that then the club can get back some sort of stability and start to move forward, you can not run a football club on a “adhoc basis” or try to run it from Pune.

As a club Rovers really need to be very careful at the moment. There are many people within the game and outside of the game who are deeply concerned about what is going on at Rovers, the way that Sam was removed and John Williams leaving has further reinforced these concerns, within the game we are now referred to as “SEM Rovers”.

The people I have talked to, the impression given is the Jerome Anderson is one of the best agents in representing people who are his clients, the players and former players who he represents absolutely love him, but aside from these people he is not very popular, this coupled with his almost day to day involvement at Brockhall during the transfer window has caused problems, particularly with the FA. Whenever a agent is involved with a club the FA are going to be concerned, when an agent is involved with a club and a highly respected chairman such as John Williams leaves (without seeming proper reason) then those concerns are going to be heightened.

The Formica transfer worries me, I really hope that there is no hint of any third party ownership involvement in that because if there is then the FA are going to come down very hard on Rovers.

As for Myles Anderson, maybe he will turn out to be a superstar defender, but the fact that he is Jerome Anderson’s son, the fact that he (Jerome Anderson) is/was so heavily involved within the club, the fact that Sam talked about outside influences and the fact that Kean is a SEM client, means that this particular player signing will hurt any credibility that Kean has and is bound to raise more questions within the FA regarding what exactly is going on at Rovers. I also for sorry for the player, the changing room of a football club is often a unforgiving environment, so regardless of his ability, most players will view him as only being at the club because of his dad. It is very similar problem to players whose father’s are the manager of the club face.

What the owners need to do is simple, appoint a chairman/woman (preferably one with a proper business background), clarify in no uncertain terms what exactly Jerome Andersons role is (or even if he has a role anymore), then empower the Chairman/woman to run the football club without any outside interference, if they do that then the club can get back some sort of stability and start to move forward, you can not run a football club on a “adhoc basis” or try to run it from Pune.

Can only disagree with you on one point--Kean has no credibility to lose.

Dodgy penalties?

It's just death by a thousand cuts.

The only time I ever thought anything like that was the West Ham game Teves played in, sorry I can't remember the year but everything went against us that game. West Ham having an illegal player, I think they scored a goal that was not a goal and all sorts.

Well done TimmyJimmy. Now reading this either Alan Nixon is a fool or he's the most treacherous barsteward and enemy within since Lord Haw Haw! Personally I don't think he is that much of a fool.... <_<

The time to assess the new regime was AFTER the window, so here goes.

OWNERS...clearly have money, but like to spend it wisely and have a plan...let the manager have Roque on massive wages...found cash for Jones's wages...invested in Formica and Rochina...dished out more dough for the senior players in what was a shrewd and unexpected gesture...gave Kean a contract and said he was safe which is good news...probably spent about £7 million including wages which is above the first level mentioned and below the potential pot...Maradona and Ronaldinho were bizarre interludes...you can live with that when people are new and want to make a splash...learned fast...seem straight to me...8 out of 10.

MANAGER...Steve Kean has done a very good job so far, starting with a lot of people out to trip him up and getting worse with injuries...a steady hand, popular with the players...made a list that was not quite delivered, but that's football...has proved to be a tactician who can play a new style and a politician aho can handle the off-the-field nonsense...no fool...a find...8 out of 10.

THE AGENTS...not the bogey men some had painted...obviously have connections...Formica, Rochina and Jones deals took some doing and were handled on time...few rivals can claim they did better...where was there ever scope to 'rip off' a club with a budget like Rovers?...interesting to note that Philippe Huber is the main mover in the relationship and NOT Jerome Anderson who is the most visible...their master plan of bringing in young talent will take time, but Formica and Rochina are young and could be the first of several...fair effort in a window where many rivals struggled to do anything...8 out of 10.

There is one absolutely brilliant line that I have sat on for months as the Jerome Anderson link emerged - and all of the blethers from some 'well-informed' quarters rumble on.

Anderon's son has been a Rovers player for MONTHS - since before the takeover - and not one person around here mentioned it.

One of the first things the new regime did was to send him out on loan.

I wonder what the conspiracy theorists make of that one?

Hilarious.

0/10

btw Want to know why I don't think nicko is a fool? Cos these 2 nickoteens from the same page really are proper fools...

Couldn't have put it better myself Nicko, its exciting being a Rovers fan again, and that’s something I’ve not been able to say for a while now.

Onwards and upwards.

What a fantastic window for Rovers.

Experienced players brought in along with exciting, creative youngsters and the beginnings of a style that's entertaining to watch. Remember entertainment?

With Diouf gone the de-Allardysation is almost complete, and much, much quicker than I expected it would be.

Thank you Venky's.

Thank you spencey7

Well, we were warned, people sneered and laughed and a few still think the moon is made of green cheese.

There were obvious signs of funny stuff with the Formica deal and the Red Star Belgrade involvement, it didnt need a rocket scientist to know there was something quite odd there.

And now we have a situation with Andersons son and Blackman (another SEN/Kentaro client) has he scored for Aberdeen yet? its a joke, how have we arrived at a point where we have no Chairman, foolish owners and a puppet for a manager!!

This cant be right, as someone suggested, the way forward is to get a new respected Chairman to sort things out and try and regain some kind of respectibility, for at the moment we are the joke club of the premiership in many peoples eyes.

Well done TimmyJimmy. Now reading this either Alan Nixon is a fool or he's the most treacherous barsteward and enemy within since Lord Haw Haw! Personally I don't think he is that much of a fool.... <_<

0/10

btw Want to know why I don't think nicko is a fool? Cos these 2 nickoteens from the same page really are proper fools...

Thank you spencey7

Hindsight Theno....what a wonderful thing!

Hindsight Theno....what a wonderful thing!

Think you will find that the Grand Pooba forwarned us of this coming catastrophy in his previous sermons.

Venerate the all knowing thenodrog.

He is the prophet and the light.

Learn from him like I have and ye will be saved.

Think you will find that the Grand Pooba forwarned us of this coming catastrophy in his previous sermons.

Venerate the all knowing thenodrog.

He is the prophet and the light.

Learn from him like I have and ye will be saved.

Unless of course you are Buckey(could be wrong spelling)

Guest linganzi

So where do we stand?

I cant help thinking everyone was against us

Shifting Sam

Anderson

Foreign owners

We were never darlings like wham or bpool this is the final nail

Bucky? Bloody hell he's vanished!

As for GAV, he is a poster with no inside knowledge and chose to trust the new owners, he shouldn't be pilloried for that.

nicko on the other hand...

Completely agree while I certainly do not agree with what GAV is thinking. He has never been rude and explains his thinking very well.

We are deep deep trouble. If the FA start looking into rovers then I fear that we will get a points deduct.

I FEAR FOR OUR CLUB AND THE FANS.

I want the owners out!!! I want rid of Kean and Jensen!!! I want rid of Kentaro/sem involvement at rovers!!!

I want John Williams back as Chairman and Big Sam back as manager aswell. or a Good manager for all the people who don't want him back as manager.

I want MY CLUB BACK ASAP!!!

Alot of people on here said that we had to be carefully with the owners having HIM as advisor.

As for GAV, he is a poster with no inside knowledge and chose to trust the new owners, he shouldn't be pilloried for that.

I dunno, I think it was a typical 'anti-Allardyce/pro-Kean' switch that most who derided Allardyce have done.

Back on topic...I don't really see the problem with Myles Anderson. He was on trial here before Venky's/Jerome Anderson had anything to do with the club. Had that not been the case then I'd be worried.

Archived