BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Trust paid how much to Jerome Anderson?

They were the seller who would have engaged somebody to find a buyer, NOT the Rovers.

I will maybe find out some day.

I do know that old Walter Hubert was in for £1 million if had brought in Dan Williams.

And, of course, there is the question of whether any club employee was paid for concluding the deal with Venky's too...

'Facts' are they?

What 'enteraining football' is this then? The entertaining football that was on show VS Liverpool, the way we played in the second half VS Blackpool. We are showing signs of it, we are a long way away from being the complete article, however, it's a lot better than what Allardyce used to serve up that's for sure.

How is being comfortable in the league to surviving by the skin of our teeth (if indeed we do survive) a good decision? Whether we finish 10th or 17th, this season just has to be written off as long as we survive. You nor me can confirm that under Sam we would have "already been safe", so save the discussion.

How is replacing a manager that had ACTUALLY got us in the top 10 and relpacing him with a complete novice going the right way to establish ourselves as a top 10 club? Kean has had only a few games in charge, I will be the first to say that he hasn't had the best of starts, however, we've seen glimpses of what he can do and if we do survive, then he'll have the whole summer to prepare his squad and actually stamp his style of football on the team.

How is replacing an experienced and high profile PL manager and relacing him with Steve Kean and John Jensen showing 'ambition'? We've spent money on bringing Roque and Jones to the club by paying them large amounts of money. We've bought in Formica and Rochina, 2 kids for the future. We've tied down several key players to long term contracts. We've shown ambition in this transfer window, more than any of the previous 5 or 6 windows under the Trust.

How is ensuring the best operator in the league (JW) leaves mid season and not replacing him, coupled with AGENTS in positions of authority not going some way to 'ruining the club'? You're just basing that on what you've read in the media and adding your own conspiracy theory to it, like majority of the fans on the messageboard. Our club isn't ruined, far from it. Yes, we did lose John Williams but any company like to stamp their own authority and have their own men at the helm, Venkys are no different.

How are two loans and two unknown kids that have not even kicked a ball for us going to cement us in the top 10? When Dalglish signed Carrol from Newcastle, the media questioned him as to why he has signed an injured player. His response "I've signed him for 5 and a half years, not 5 minutes". Same applies to this situation, we've signed these players for the long run, not to make an instant impact now.

What evidence or pledges do you have that tells us that Venky's have spent a) their own money in Jan and b. they are going to spend more of it in the summer and beyond? Till this moment, Venkys have stayed true to their word. They've provided us with funds to spend in the January window like they said when they us. What evidence do you have that Vankys haven't spent their own money and won't spend more in the summer and beyond?

I am not against or for anyone. It seems many on here many want Venkys to fail without reason. They have bought our club and deserve our full backing.

By the way, why is there a deafening silence about the line that Rovers were using Jerome Anderson to find a buyer?

Or is that not computing with some?

Of course we all understand that.

It's not worrying at all as someone had to be brought in to sell the club.

Now why on earth he needed an office in Brockhall once the club was sold I have no clue and I doubt anyone does.

But it's certainly strange that a client of his, signed his son. Yes its very stupid but to be honest it just looks completely dodgy. If the kid had been playing at another Premier League team then OK but he was playing for Leyton Orient. Yeah sure he could be the next Chris Smalling and I sure Kean could be the next SAF. What a joke! It honestly shows the level of intelligence of these people.

Maybe Venkeys have been incredibly badly advised in all this and they are not to blame. (yes I know a long shot) But as Rovers fans we are bricking ourselves that we will go down. The silence from all parties involved in this deafening, the only one talking is Kean and he just makes himself more irrelevant with ever sentence.

I would go on but we all know if we stay up this year it will be down to the players and no one else. As the is no one else to help the players.

Of course we all understand that.

It's not worrying at all as someone had to be brought in to sell the club.

Now why on earth he needed an office in Brockhall once the club was sold I have no clue and I doubt anyone does.

But it's certainly strange that a client of his, signed his son. Yes its very stupid but to be honest it just looks completely dodgy. If the kid had been playing at another Premier League team then OK but he was playing for Leyton Orient. Yeah sure he could be the next Chris Smalling and I sure Kean could be the next SAF. What a joke! It honestly shows the level of intelligence of these people.

Maybe Venkeys have been incredibly badly advised in all this and they are not to blame. (yes I know a long shot) But as Rovers fans we are bricking ourselves that we will go down. The silence from all parties involved in this deafening, the only one talking is Kean and he just makes himself more irrelevant with ever sentence.

I would go on but we all know if we stay up this year it will be down to the players and no one else. As the is no one else to help the players.

The 'Anderson had an office' line is tosh. More convenient hokum, started by people with a grudge and added to by others whose noses have eben pushed out. The guy was at the training ground, trying to sign players for the club and also trying to re-sign some on new contracts.

You need a desk and a phone for that. That doesn't mean you have moved in and taken up residence. The club was being run from the training ground and NOT Ewood at that stage.

Anderson has not been seen for a while but that's because those particular skills are not needed outside a transfer window.

To be honest I would think it would be a better idea if Anderson WAS there on a regular basis - or someone from Venky's/Kentaro/whoever.

A club runs itself when it's winning. But when you are not you need some support about the place.

And the Trust paid how much to Jerome Anderson?

They were the seller who would have engaged somebody to find a buyer, NOT the Rovers.

Official...Rovers paid Jerome Anderson's company for finding a buyer.

Anything to add?

I am not against or for anyone. It seems many on here many want Venkys to fail without reason. They have bought our club and deserve our full backing.

Venky's failing means the club will be on the road to bankrupcy, who the hell wants that?

You need a desk and a phone for that. That doesn't mean you have moved in and taken up residence. The club was being run from the training ground and NOT Ewood at that stage.

I take it John Williams was not at Brockhall then? I am just asking as I try to piece this mess together.

I take it John Williams was not at Brockhall then? I am just ask as I try to piece this mess together.

The chain of command very quickly became Venkys to Brockhall.

There are reasons for this - and I won't go into them all - but the idea was for Kean to get things done quickly and the way he wanted.

John Williams was used to being the major figure at the club and also - let's not kid ourselves otherwise - have an input on transfers, You saw this with the Salgado affair and the 'internal debate' about that one. There were others.

Kean wanted the players he was after and gave his list to the chairwoman and her brothers. It was a slow process. To be fair, it could have been even slower if a third party had been involved.

As far as I am aware John Williams was involved with the Roque talks. I don't think he knew too much about the others when they started. That was all a bit chaotis. Mrs D broke the Rochina story on Sky. Formica was being chased and finally signed despite a lot of complications.

I don't see this is a 'mess' but I do think you should have a complete NEW team in place before you kick out the old one. That should have meant a chairman on the ground - following instructions - and support staff.

Kean can't do it all himself. It's hard enough managing a team without having to scurry back and forward to India.

nicko, why would you want JA at rovers? are you saying that He should be rovers chairman?

We need a proper Chairman in charge somebody like Rick Parry or Peter Kenyon! And the owners need to let the Chairman run the club them.

One of the best run club is Sunderland. An excellent owner who allows the Chairman Niall Quinn to run the club for him, with support the club with money and goes to most games.

Why don't our owners come to our games on a regular basis? the last game they went to was Spurs at home I think?

But we are not winning gumboots, possibly something to do with the fact we have no manager or Chairman?

Something to chatter about?

Aye, its not as if we have seen a fantastically run football club pretty much implode in THREE months.

I know that and said so. In fact that was the thrust of my argument - it's all well and good saying nobody would ask if we were winning. Perhaps they would and perhaps they wouldn't but we're not so of course we're asking.

nicko, why would you want JA at rovers? are you saying that He should be rovers chairman?

SOMEBODY SHOULD BE ROVERS CHAIRMAN...FAST.

Personally Nicko, we want JA, Kentaro and sem out of our club! Along with Kean and Jensen!

LET'S FACE IT...THAT'S NOT HAPPENING.

We need a proper Chairman in charge somebody like Rick Parry or Peter Kenyon! And the owners need to let the Chairman run the club them.

PARRY AND KENYON DID WHAT THEY WERE TOLD. WHERE DOES THIS IDEA THAT CHAIRMEN ARE ALL ENLIGHTENED THINKERS COME FROM/ THEY ARE EMPLOYEES.

One of the best run club is Sunderland. An excellent owner who allows the Chairman Niall Quinn to run the club for him, with support the club with money and goes to most games.

QUINN WILL ANSWER TO THE OWNER WHO PAYS HIS WAGES. THE DIFFERENCE WITH HIM IS THAT HE IS A 'FACE' AND PEOPLE KNOW HIM. THAT'S ALL THAT IS LACKING JUST NOW. A FIGUREHEAD AS CHAIRMAN. IT WOULD HELP. BUT IT DOESN'T WIN GAMES...

Why don't our owners come to our games on a regular basis? the last game they went to was Spurs at home I think?

YOU WOULD HAVE TO ASK THEM. DID THE TRUSTEES COME EVERY WEEK? YOU WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN THEM IF YOU FELL OVER THEM IN THE STREET. BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR AN EMPTY BOX LIKE THERE WAS ON SATURDAY. WHO WAS GOING TO BE THE POINT OF CONTACT IF ROVERS HAD LOST AND QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT THE MANAGER'S FUTURE? NOT THE WAY TO RUN A CLUB.

It's only a decade since a rank-rotten Rovers team were relegated.

It's not that long ago that Souey had a few malcontents in his team and needed a big win at Fulham.

The current situation isn't good, certainly brings out the sweats.

But to make it sound like Armageddon is round the corner is partly caused by malicious nonsense from some parties.

When you went down that last time Jack was in charge, John Williams had been spending fortunes on bad players and you had Brian Kidd.

If there had been an internet then I wonder who would have been getting the blame?

Yes, i remember it from my kids and my husband and the mood they would come home in. I was also there at the awful game against the already relegated Forest. However, I don't remember it feeling like this. Then it felt like there was a good chance that with the right manager in we could sort it out, and for all his faults Souness was the right guy at the right time. As I said, i don't want to jump on the we're doomed bandwagon because of course we're not yet. But I can't see enormous grounds for optimism either. I don't want to be swayed by every gloomy opinion and forecast on here but optimism is hard when results are going against you and you don't feel confident that the manager is doing the right things. I want him to succeed but fear that he won't and indeed even if he did, with so much negativity towards him on here and among other fans I speak to, would he be the right man to continue to manage us? I don't know. I only know that I don't like seeing us lose and we've done far too much of that recently and I can't see where the 2-3 wins we will probably need are going to come from.

Nicko, That my point is that we need a chairman. Somebody who people know. That's why I suggest Parry or Kenyon. We need a figurehead and somebody to work with the manager and him can work together.

I accept your point about the former owners. But as fans want to know that their heart is in the Club. That's why I have suggest about their coming to games on a recently basis. Maybe meeting a few fans at games to tell us what they plans are, face to face. the problem is that they haven't met with any fans at all.

I think in the summer, the owners have to do a full review of the season. Have to plan whether Kean is the right manager for us, if he is, then back him with some decent money. If not, then find a proper replacement with the Chairman and board coming up with a list of possible managers to take over. The Owners and Chairman have to work together on this without ANY INVOLVEMENT from ja/sem/Kentaro. Then they have to pick the manager for us and back him with some serious money to improve the team.

Nicko, if we went down, do you think that the owners would sell us or keep us and try to get us back into the PL?

'Lets face it... thats not happening'

Kean/Jensen are obviously not going anywhere, but are you saying SEM/Huber are as involved as ever?

Huber is big chums with the Rao family. He put the thing together from their end. Why should he go anywhere?

He runs Kentaro. SEM are part of Kentaro. Why would they split off?

I don't think the point has really sunk in yet.

The Indians own the club, they bought it, they won't want it to go down the pan.

There is a long game being played by them, relegation would be an almighty shock to that. But this isn't a quick-in-quick-out job.

Time to realise that and breathe...

Nicko, That my point is that we need a chairman. Somebody who people know. That's why I suggest Parry or Kenyon. We need a figurehead and somebody to work with the manager and him can work together.

LIVERPOOL FANS HATED PARRY WITH PASSION. KENYON DUMPED MAN U FOR CHELSEA...AND ISN'T WINNING POPULARITY POLLS AT EITHER. YOU NEED SOMEONE TO GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS. WHETHER YOU LIKE THE OR DON'T LIKE THEM SHOULD BE BASED ON WHAT THEY DO OVER TIME.

I accept your point about the former owners. But as fans want to know that their heart is in the Club. That's why I have suggest about their coming to games on a recently basis. Maybe meeting a few fans at games to tell us what they plans are, face to face. the problem is that they haven't met with any fans at all.

THAT WOULD CERTAINLY HELP.

I think in the summer, the owners have to do a full review of the season. Have to plan whether Kean is the right manager for us, if he is, then back him with some decent money. If not, then find a proper replacement with the Chairman and board coming up with a list of possible managers to take over. The Owners and Chairman have to work together on this without ANY INVOLVEMENT from ja/sem/Kentaro. Then they have to pick the manager for us and back him with some serious money to improve the team.

TIME TO ACCEPT THAT THE OWNERS AND THEIR ADVISERS ARE AND WILL REMAIN PRETTY TIGHT.

Nicko, if we went down, do you think that the owners would sell us or keep us and try to get us back into the PL?

WHY WOULD THEY SELL? WHO IS BUYING? IT TOOK YEARS TO FIND THESE FOLK. THERE ISN'T A QUEUE ROUND THE BLOCK FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB.

If they're in it for the long term, why the rush to get rid of Sam when they clearly didn't have a clue who they should replace him with?

They might be in it for the long term, but there doesn't appear to be a long term plan.

The Venky's people didn't like the football they saw and didn't trust Sam to spend their money wisely on players, based on some he had signed.

You pays your money, you makes your choice.

The long-term plan is to bring through players at home - and also definitely abroad - and build a club round that.

You don't do that in a few months, you also don't do that if you plan to cut and run.

The Venky's people didn't like the football they saw and didn't trust Sam to spend their money wisely on players, based on some he had signed.

You pays your money, you makes your choice.

Come off it nicko! Venky's wouldn't know good/bad/prehistoric/Barca/Partick Thistle football if it hit them in the face!

Anderson's company was employed by Rovers to find a buyer. Thought you would have known that.

Yeah, we covered that one a month or two back. So was he the man who convinced Venky's that the club could make 5th place with a few loans and £5m put in? - because someone certainly did. Did it also follow that Allardyce obviously wouldn't go along with that ridiculous plan, while at the same time having players lined up for him? Or did Mrs Desai really know her Premier League, and know about Sam's style of football? Was Sam sacked so that JA could push through his plans?

Archived