BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay promoted!

47er

Not unless he flies to India every week and stays late at training. It doesn't matter if he's any good just as long as he does those 2 things.

On a serious note I'm made up for Tugs and would love to see him in the Ewood dugout one day.

Loved him as a player and an icon. After Shearer, and maybe Duff (to an extent), he's been the next real hero the club have had. What a player he was for us. Still remember him being subbed off and playing it amazingly...

There's only one Turkish Delight.

Tugay...a reminder of better times for our club.

agreed, amazing player.

imagine if he was 5 or so years younger at the time, he wouldve been playing for man united within a week but all the big clubs saw his age as a risk

imagine if he was 5 or so years younger at the time, he wouldve been playing for man united within a week but all the big clubs saw his age as a risk

Never understood that line of thinking. Tugay wasn't always in his thirties. A mid-twenties Tugay did exist once and he wasn't playing for Man Utd or anyone of that calibre.

Don't get me wrong, he was a wonderful player but there must be footballing reasons why he never went to a championship-challenging club in a top league.

This is probably the goal that summed him up most it has everything, composure, touch, ability to create space and of course the finish. We certainly have no one in our team who is capable of this anymore.

I suspect a lot of us were there that night. I'm still convinced when he turned the Basle lad he was looking for a pass, but no one was in space and he just thought 'Oh bugger it, I'll have a shot'. Glad he did, mind.

Archived