BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] emotional attachment

Guest linganzi

Guest linganzi

A colleague of mine , a rovers fan can't seem to understand the feelings of a majority of other rovers fans, that off the field matters are not our concern. He can't understand the emotional attachment. I was aghast

Discuss

Every fanbase is the same. When the Hicks/Gillette palava was going on, LFC message boards were in a constant state of meltdown, however they would post that a lot of the match going fans would plead ignorance, nowt to fo with us, they've spent money, just get behind the side etc.

However, most Roverites I know are massively concerned.

Guest linganzi

Although rovers does not consume my life its impossible not to care or be attached to something responsible for so many ups and downs . And ultimately its a badge to be judged on

Who do you support ?

Although rovers does not consume my life its impossible not to care or be attached to something responsible for so many ups and downs . And ultimately its a badge to be judged on

Who do you support ?

Rovers!

In some ways, right now, I wish I could care a little bit less excessively. Fast approaching my final uni exams, on a first and have to do well or I'll wreck the last three years' hard work. Head is completely elsewhere. :glare:

They have won two trophies more recently than Rovers.

Championship?! :blink:

As for the attachement - obviously most of us are very attached, hence why this message board becomes a playground for bickering...its just different people with different opinions of the way things are going.

My view is 'Lets assess it in the summer'....Only then can we see where we have finished, and hopefully see some cash being spent on players....only then can we get a real feel for how Rovers might progress.

The InterToto cup... which isn't actually a cup. I think they might've had one specially made since they won something (anything) basically to shout about.

Wasn't there about 4 'winners' of the InterToto every Summer as they all got UEFA Cup qualification?

They have won two trophies more recently than Rovers.

ha ha

I was refering to the way the club was and has been run (barcodes that is)

but back to winning things, the barcodes don't get close on the honours list

:rover:

Rovers!

In some ways, right now, I wish I could care a little bit less excessively. Fast approaching my final uni exams, on a first and have to do well or I'll wreck the last three years' hard work. Head is completely elsewhere. :glare:

Mate, seriously...are you for real.? You can't concentrate on your exams because rovers are playing a bit shyte? :unsure:

Archived