BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] EDL demonstration in Blackburn

• Backroom

EDL had a mini demo at one of the KFC's in Blackburn just before crimbo... this however should be a bigger operation

They were there again last month, worst protest I've ever seen, unsurprising really.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people so one sided against the EDL but not the Muslim extremists?

It's a sad day when there is 100% support for people calling our soldiers baby killers and such :unsure:

I think the EDL are morons, but so are the pr1cks with placards saying 'people who criticise Islam should be beheaded' like on one of those links.

Theno has it spot on here, it's a case of idiots v idiots.

Why are people so one sided against the EDL but not the Muslim extremists?

It's a sad day when there is 100% support for people calling our soldiers baby killers and such :unsure:

I think the EDL are morons, but so are the pr1cks with placards saying 'people who criticise Islam should be beheaded' like on one of those links.

Theno has it spot on here, it's a case of idiots v idiots.

The answer to that question, Sambo, would probably see this thread closed. Which is ironic because that simply perpetuates the problem. And on and on it goes...

Guest linganzi

I'm quite happy to be with hemmel and bpf here. The whole kfc thing was hilariously stupid and that sums them up really

I'm quite happy to be with hemmel and bpf here. The whole kfc thing was hilariously stupid and that sums them up really

a.. Sorry but I cannot associate with either, and I pity you for your inability to differentiate right from wrong.

btw what is wrong with insisting on the humane slaughter of animals in this country?

• Backroom

why what was wrong with it?

I don't live in Blackburn..

The whole premise of it was pathetic, KFC isn't a god given right that was taken from them and if they had such an issue with it they could have gone to one of the none halal KFCs nearby. As a business KFC has every right to sell what they want.

There was just something sad about seeing a handful of men, women and children standing outside a fast food place for days.

What's the betting some of them went home, congratulated themselves and ordered a curry from the local takeaway as well :P

a.. Sorry but I cannot associate with either, and I pity you for your inability to differentiate right from wrong.

btw what is wrong with insisting on the humane slaughter of animals in this country?

I would wager the killing methods weren't the issue for many of the protesters.

yes but the whole Islamic faith and everything to do with it needs eradicating.. just like all religions. its about time religion was left to die

Whilst I'm no fan of the vast majority of oragnised religions, I think it's very important people are able to openly express whatever they believe in. Be that one god, many gods, an alien called Xenu or Keith Andrews. Sure, I think there should be some limitation on how this belief can be expressed especially with a view to attempt to indoctrinate others (doubly so children), but if people need feel they are unable to devise their own moral code, they should be allowed to adopt another's

I'm suddenly reminded of this quote

Religion is like a penis.

It's fine to have one.

It's fine to be proud of it.

But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

They were there again last month, worst protest I've ever seen, unsurprising really.

Not kicking off enough for you? :huh:

It was a peaceful protest complaining about KFC starting to use halal chicken on the quiet. The choice has effectively been taken away from people of the non-muslim community.

If it had been done the other way round the muslim community would be just as upset.

The EDL are perfectly within their rights to express their feelings via peaceful protest ;)

I would wager the killing methods weren't the issue for many of the protesters.

That should be the only issue. If someone is willing to do something about it it is not fair nor clever to criticise them.

btw How do you personally justify it Tom? Put the unecessary cruelty aside and where do you think this subversive islamification of our country will end?

• Backroom

The choice is still there, there's a non Halal KFC at Accy and one out Samlesbury way and as I said having a KFC isn't a God given right, don'tlike Halal chicken? Don't go to that KFC.

See I didn't think it was about the choice I thought it was an animal cruelty thing?

I can understand if people are animal cruelty protesters in all scenarios but I imagine that isn't the case here, the whole thing just seems a bit pointless to me.

yes but the whole Islamic faith and everything to do with it needs eradicating.. just like all religions. its about time religion was left to die

Correction Wilky.... imo it's any religion that promotes life after death and where people are brainwashed from an early age to require some imaginary friend as a crutch to get through life. :rolleyes:

• Backroom

That should be the only issue. If someone is willing to do something about it it is not fair nor clever to criticise them.

btw How do you personally justify it Tom? Put the unecessary cruelty aside and where do you think this subversive islamification of our country will end?

Honestly Gordon, I'm a hypocrite when it comes to this, I hate animal cruelty in any way and if I had a bit more about me then maybe I'd be vegitarian.

I can't be too up in arms about how an animal I will eat is to be killed though when the fact is it will be treat awful in battery farms either way.

In reality if you are so against any cruelty, KFC should be boycotted Halal or non Halal.

I can understand if people are animal cruelty protesters in all scenarios but I imagine that isn't the case here, the whole thing just seems a bit pointless to me.

And how pointless is halal slaughter? Screw what some long dead prophet said or didn't say when the earth was still flat, halal is primitive, it's unecessarily cruel and there can no possible justification for it whatsoever. None.

• Backroom

I'm not and never have tried nor wanted to justify it, I agree halal and koscher slaughter is wrong and I am against it.

However if you feel strongly enough about it to do something I just feel that standing outside a kfc with union jacks isn't the most effective method.

I can't be too up in arms about how an animal I will eat is to be killed though when the fact is it will be treat awful in battery farms either way.

Seperate issue.

btw battery farms are due to be ended 31/12/11.... Not that that's anything to do with the production of chicken meat.

I'm not and never have tried nor wanted to justify it, I agree halal and koscher slaughter is wrong and I am against it.

However if you feel strongly enough about it to do something I just feel that standing outside a kfc with union jacks isn't the most effective method.

All credit to those that do then.

Tom save your ire and your contempt for the Northgate demonstrators from either side who are simply there to stir up trouble. There will be plenty to keep you occupied. Save some too for the anarchists who jump on the bandwagons of various protests like those on Sat in London. It appears organised violence at demonstrations has become the natural replacement for hooliganism at football matches.

• Backroom

I have no contempt either way to be honest I have bigger things to think about.

As an aside I saw a programme last year on the bolton protests and as bad as the EDL seemed the UAF seemed to cause the police more bother and then the Muslim group seemed to turn up to antagonise and wind up the situation further.

If that was anything to go by Blackburn is definitely a place to avoid, not that you'd be going anyway :P

Archived