BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PFA Player and Young Player of the Year

To be playing week in week out for a top 4 club at his age shows he is world class

Almunia must be world class then ;)

EDIT: Flapianski too, he's played more than Almunia.

Are you having a giraffe RIML?

:lol: Szczesny too, he's a similar age to Wilshere and was their number 1 until he dislocated his finger. I wouldn't say he's a world class keeper just because he plays for Arsenal week in week out, that is all.

World class, honestly we don't half hype up English players. I just don't buy it, all this England's new era rubbish he's already been arrested for assaulting a woman, although I don't think he was charged. It's like a national team full of criminals and now Joey Barton wants to get in on the act ;) ha ha just kidding.

There's no question he'll win the young player award but I just think he's over-rated, maybe it'll make him a better player who knows.

So it's the world class part you take issue with?

If that's the case I agree, I got the impression you thought he was rubbish and with that I can't agree.

Cause he's not. :P

Oh no I wouldn't say he's rubbish. If he scored more goals or assisted in a few I could understand all the fuss about him, I suppose he is only a teenager. Maybe I'm being too hard on the lad but recently I've noticed all the hype English players seem to get, Rooney's overhead kick was no better than Berbatov's against Liverpool but it will no doubt win goal of the season. That goal Rooney scored in the Champions League last week looked like I could have scored it but everyone else, even the pundits on Sky Sports seemed to think it was the best finish they'd ever seen, all the Chelsea players were drawn to Hernandez and there was a massive gap for Rooney to pick his spot, wow ;)

I don't even think Berbatov is on the list, unbelievable, you know what would happen if Rooney had scored that amount of goals.

Oh no I wouldn't say he's rubbish. If he scored more goals or assisted in a few I could understand all the fuss about him, I suppose he is only a teenager. Maybe I'm being too hard on the lad but recently I've noticed all the hype English players seem to get, Rooney's overhead kick was no better than Berbatov's against Liverpool but it will no doubt win goal of the season. That goal Rooney scored in the Champions League last week looked like I could have scored it but everyone else, even the pundits on Sky Sports seemed to think it was the best finish they'd ever seen, all the Chelsea players were drawn to Hernandez and there was a massive gap for Rooney to pick his spot, wow ;)

I don't even think Berbatov is on the list, unbelievable, you know what would happen if Rooney had scored that amount of goals.

When did berbatov score goals??? I must have missed that. ;)

Wilshires doing well, your right nothing spectacular as yet but steady decent performances. Consistency is hard to achieve at this level at his age, he's playing week in and out which is no mean feet as there are very few kids that age achieving the same. The goals and assists you talk about will come as he gets older, just as it did with Fabregas. Those calling him world class and the such are obviously a bit excitable.

Rooney world class, you must have been reading the Mail. :lol:

Love watching Wilshere play, he looks the 'real deal'

Playing for Arsenal at his age is no mean feat and in his first few appearances for England you can see that he will be an integral part in the coming years. I think the game that stands out for me is VS Barcelona where he did not look out of place against Xavi, Iniesta and co, future looks bright, world class? Give the lad a chance! ;)

Im with RIML on this one....yes Wilshere is a good young un, but to start labelling him world class etc already is over hyped.

English media hyping him up....he needs to carry on learning, not be so big headed and he has the talent to become a star - but not just yet.

Also Hernandez has the ability to be a top goalscorer in the prem for years to come....quality signing!! Why didnt Sam & his team scout him!! lol

I think Wilshire will be a top player, the way he played against Barca particularly at the Emirates was fantastic. He's a real fiery little sod aswell, looks like the type who'd pick a fight with anyone, I like that in a player. Probably would be my choice for the award, closely followed by Hernandez.

What is so quality about him? ... He's ok but nothing special.

Seriously?

He's an amazing footballer, the sort I didn't think this country was capable of producing. He was outstanding in the first leg against Bareclona.

The way he finds space in midfield, coupled with his composure and passing ability, make him genuinely unique compared to other English midfielders. He's not afraid to get stuck in either.

Out of interest, what do you make of Xavi?

Do not agree with the list - when Nani isnt on it.....he has been superb this season when it matters, where as Bale is a one trick pony.

Well that is one hell of a trick.

I would have him over that midget Frankensteins monster any day of the week.

Just to add -

Nani should also not be allowed in the running for being a diving, cheating, yellow card asking bitch.

Nothing enrages me like a grown man flapping on the ground like a little girl when being touched. Then asking the ref to book another player. Where else in the world can a man act like a pussy and be respected but a football pitch.

That is why no matter how much they earn or win they will never be better than Best etc.

Archived