BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

Wenger applying his usual 'blackmailing' techniques in an attempt to unsettle a player. Can't stand that clown.

Does he really think Samba is only worth £4 million more than Koscielny? Actual lol at that.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not over-hauling it though. He's given 34 year old Roberts a new contract and he wants to keep over-thirties Benjani and Santa Cruz + Miram Diouf, all of whom were failures last season. he identified the major problem as lack of goals then wants to retain all the guys responsible! How is that over-hauling the squad? We can let M Diouf, Benjani and Santa go------nothing lost!

If we had a budget "the likes of which we've never seen at Rovers before"---why wouldn't we? The guys a fraud.

A budget the likes of which we havent seen before hardly amounts to alot though does it? So we're talking about a sum above £5m or so?? Some fans seem to be getting carried away with how much we may be spending.

We cant let Benjani and Roberts and Santa Cruz all leave simply because we probably dont have the budget to buy three strikers. I dont want us to keep them but if we buy one really decent striker then Roberts as a back up wont be the end of the world.

A top striker, tieing down Hoilett, J.Jones and one more creative midfielder would represent a decent couple of months.

Would love to see Anelka in rovers shirt but it wont happen, he must be on big wages!

The Sun is reporting that Newcastle are going to bid 7.5 million asking price for Berbatov - surely we could hijack that deal if any truth to it

Would love to see Anelka in rovers shirt but it wont happen, he must be on big wages!

The Sun is reporting that Newcastle are going to bid 7.5 million asking price for Berbatov - surely we could hijack that deal if any truth to it

At £7.5 million the club should be all over that and I bet he's not on much more than RSC's wages.

At £7.5 million the club should be all over that and I bet he's not on much more than RSC's wages.

Might be a bit hard i'm sure berbatov has said in the past he always liked newcastle when younger as he was a huge shearer fan but you never know.

STEP 1-------Its only May----relax!

STEP 2--------season hasn't started yet------relax!

STEP 3------Transfer window isn't closed yet----------relax!

STEP 4-------We've only played 4 games--------relax!

STEP 6--------Give the manager and the new players the chance to gell-------relax!

STEP 7---------I'm not making any judgement till Christmas!

STEP 8---------We're only 6 points from 8th FFS!

STEP 9---------We can't sack him now. Who would take over? It would disrupt the team at a vital time.

Step 10---------Sh**!!!!!!!

aaah! Jims young apprentice. Why not give your self a break from all this doom and gloom? Sign up to the "appy ammers" board and you can revel in your "Messiahs" new appointment. Just imagine it, what fun you'd have!...The race for the title, visiting t'turf, revelling in every long ball and set piece, it may not be pretty but,."gawd bless us one and all guvner it dont arf get results" Just think of the trembling anticipation of every away match knowing that the "Expert has set your new team up for yet another defeat, but don't worry he'll make it all better at "Fortress Upton" where you'll be unbeaten all season :wacko: You lucky thing! You've sooo much to look forward to :blink:

In a rational world if Cahill at Bolton is worth £20m then Samba must go for the same.......

In the EPL where an English man counts as 1 of your home grown & helps you meet certain criteria? Not a chance….being English bumps his price up by £5m.

aaah! Jims young apprentice. Why not give your self a break from all this doom and gloom? Sign up to the "appy ammers" board and you can revel in your "Messiahs" new appointment. Just imagine it, what fun you'd have!...The race for the title, visiting t'turf, revelling in every long ball and set piece, it may not be pretty but,."gawd bless us one and all guvner it dont arf get results" Just think of the trembling anticipation of every away match knowing that the "Expert has set your new team up for yet another defeat, but don't worry he'll make it all better at "Fortress Upton" where you'll be unbeaten all season :wacko: You lucky thing! You've sooo much to look forward to :blink:

He's like a nagging toothache. He's on ignore but you bleedin' quote him!

It's a strange world where an effective but jowly, middle aged football manager is a pin up boy :wacko:

I would assume that the 'disciples' of Sam don't care a jot if he is a success or not down there.

I hope he flops (fat belly flop? He he he fat slug) bigtime down there, no time for West Ham at all.

Not sure why certain posters can't make the distinction between thinking he did a good job for our club with supposed dedication to the Allardyce way.

A budget the likes of which we havent seen before hardly amounts to alot though does it? So we're talking about a sum above £5m or so?? Some fans seem to be getting carried away with how much we may be spending.

We cant let Benjani and Roberts and Santa Cruz all leave simply because we probably dont have the budget to buy three strikers. I dont want us to keep them but if we buy one really decent striker then Roberts as a back up wont be the end of the world.

A top striker, tieing down Hoilett, J.Jones and one more creative midfielder would represent a decent couple of months.

Do you think we are going to sign a top striker?

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very good manager. I thought we'd established that!

Oh-and lighten up!

If Newcastle sign Berba, i think i would cry

I thought I was! :tu:

!!!!!!!!! :tu:

Didn't Utd pay 30M for him? Cant see them accepting that little to be honest.

Berbatov is exactly the sort of player we need to avoid. He would have no hunger/motivation if he came here (he struggles for that at the best of times). He'd be on huge wages and would cost most of our budget in transfer fee - when would we ever see that back?

It would be a lazy and expensive choice. He's not even the sort of striker we need, we desperately need someone who can lead the line. Berbatov likes to drift around.

I would suggest Carew is the perfect target man for Rovers especially on a free.

Some years ago he would have been perfect, but he's getting older and keeps getting injured. He was never very good at hitting the target though..

Hmm...that means we'll get him, doesn't it?

I would suggest Carew is the perfect target man for Rovers especially on a free.

I met him (while I was pretty fking drunk) early Sunday morning and told him to join Blackburn, he just smiled at me :) I don't think he's the answer though. A lot of injury problems the past couple of seasons and doesn't seem to have the same apetite anymore. While MGP and other national team players stay fit by training with some of the Norwegian top league teams Carew has been nowhere to be seen. And this is just before the most important game for Norway in the last few years - vs. Portugal.

• Backroom

Berbatov is exactly the sort of player we need to avoid. He would have no hunger/motivation if he came here (he struggles for that at the best of times). He'd be on huge wages and would cost most of our budget in transfer fee - when would we ever see that back?

It would be a lazy and expensive choice. He's not even the sort of striker we need, we desperately need someone who can lead the line. Berbatov likes to drift around.

I'd agree with that... Berbatov is a sublime footballer but not what we need.

Archived