BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom

The People v OJ Simpson on BBC2 right now. I thought it was a (no pun intended) black comedy.

But I just checked and apparently it's not supposed to be. :blush:

It's been a while since I watched BBC (MOTD aside).

I've really enjoyed watching that. Cuba Gooding Jr is a criminally underrated actor imo. Loved his work for a long while, the comedies Rat Race and Boat Trip standing out in terms of his comedy side.

I've really enjoyed watching that. Cuba Gooding Jr is a criminally underrated actor imo. Loved his work for a long while, the comedies Rat Race and Boat Trip standing out in terms of his comedy side.

Didn't realise it was a series at first - thought it was a TV movie.

I was seriously laughing at it. I think partly because I still think about OJ as a comical figure.

recent shows i've watched and would recommend...

deutschland 83....very good cold war drama with some excellent performances from the cast. it is foreign language so you might wear out the pause button to keep up with the subtitles.

the americans......... another cold war drama about russian cells operating in america. this is not too unrealistic like spooks and the like, it's actually very nicely paced with suspense aplenty. there's three seasons already out, so if you're a binge watcher, then this'll keep you busy for a while.

madam secretary.........nicely made, good performances, warm and fuzzy american political 'feel good' drama. i never though i'd entertain something like this, but it got a hold of me and wouldn't let go. enjoyed it muchly.

homeland.........brilliant espionage drama in the latter two seasons, i highly recommend this show.

now for some sci-fi

dark matter.....the crew of a space ship are awoken from their cryogenic sleep only to realise they've all lost their memories. however, they all kept their instincts, so the kung fu guy still knows how to fight, the pilot still knows how to fly etc. i think you need to already dig sci-fi to enjoy it.

11.22.63 a time porthole which zaps anyone entering it into the 60's. the lead character goes back to try and prevent jfk's assassination. i'm only part way through this season, but enjoying it nevertheless.

colony......this is good, it's futuristic, cities are now walled off colonies with an authoritarian unknown (i think alien) oppressive rule/government. it has sawyer from lost as the lead.

lucifer......it's a lot of fun, tongue in cheek black comedy/police drama. basically the devil is bored of hell, so comes 'down' to earth for some giggles. as cheesy as it sounds, it's fun and worth a watch.

sense8.........a group of unconnected people around the world have mental and emotional links, or psychic connections. a bit fuzzy feel good, but worth a watch imo.

supergirl..........doesn't need an explanation, although the mental picture of a hotty ripping her blouse open as she changes from disguised personal assistant into supergirl is worth watching by any hot blooded perv. i'm a big superman fan, so i was always going to watch this.

the100.........earth is uninhabitable, the last bastion of humanity are in orbit around the earth on space stations. the air is running out, so the government on the space stations send down the 100 prisoners to earth, to see if it's inhabitable after 100 years of nuclear fallout. unbeknown to the space humans, the earth is still inhabited but by clans of savages. it's a good show, mainly aimed at teen to twenties audiences, but if you're a sci-fi nut, you'll probable enjoy it.

the4400.....people abducted throughout the last 80 years are suddenly deposited back on earth and not one of them have aged a day since they went missing. Loved the first season, but finding the second season a drag to watch, but i will get through it.

enjoy.

the4400.....people abducted throughout the last 80 years are suddenly deposited back on earth and not one of them have aged a day since they went missing. Loved the first season, but finding the second season a drag to watch, but i will get through it.

The mystery surrounding the Ewood Park attendance figures may have inexplicably been solved. :blush:

haha, I thought your " no" was sarcasm, it's a very slow burning show but when it delvers it frickin DELIVERS, but if you went into it expecting Breaking bad#2 then yes you would have been disappointed, Still smarter, better acted and more brilliantly directed than the majority of shows around(and its written to perfection) Shame you give up on it but if you don't like it you don't like it.

p.s. if you where a big breaking bad fan then your really missing out with season 2, a few familiar faces have shown up and theres lots of winks & nods to bb

• Moderation Lead

I felt that with Breaking Bad I almost couldn't watch Skyler, she irritated me that much! I'm really into Better Call Saul though I have to admit, the few nods to BB, i.e. the guy they rip off was the guy who's car Walt blew up in the first series of BB!

I hated walt from episode 1 but at the same time you cant take your eyes of him because he was played so incredibly by bryan cranston, most of the characters where knobs or just pretty hard to sympathise with but it was still great though, the only charecters that i did like where jessy(obviously) hank(up until the start of season 5B and mike hermantroad, the only character I had no time for was walts son, i just thought his character was so underused and underdeveloped(though I think that could largely be down to the actors acting ability and physical disability making it hard to do much with him)

Edited by T J Hooker

I hated walt from episode 1 but at the same tome you cant tale your eyes of hom because he was played so incredibly by bryan cranston, most of the charecters where knobs or just prettu hard to sympathise with but it was still great though, the only charecters that i did like where jessy(obviously) hank(up until the start of season 5B and mike hermantroad, the only character o had know time for was walts son, i just thought his character was so underused and underdeveloped(though o think thay could larhely be down to the actors acting ability and physical disability making it hard to do much with him)

I'd hate to have seen what this post looked like before you edited it TJ lol.

Back on topic, I see one of the programmes that brinscall recommended above, 11.22.63, paid for a huge advertising feature in the Metro this morning. Might give it a whirl.

I loved the way they built up Skyer to be a Super Bitch but it was Walter who was the murderer. Just shows how the writers can do a great job of hooking you in to a series even when the characters are a bunch of narcissistic scheming scumbags.

I didn't mind Skyler(maybe the fact She's a hot momma has something to do with that though) I thought her acting was brilliant, especially that dinner table scene with Walt and Jessy

Even THIS scene? :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...