BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anybody is watching but I am loving this 'British greatest bridges' at the moment.

Channel 5 doing something decent these days.

I can hardly believe that it will be Channel 5's 20th Anniversary this year. It doesn't seem like that long ago since The Spice Girls were the top girl band that helped launch the channel with an amazing cover song.

Edited by Husky

• Backroom

Anyone watch Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe last night? The bloke always has been in absolute stitches.

For all his faults, he's excellent at equally swiping the left, right, and centre of politics. Very funny!

How on earth he ended up with someone as fit as Konnie Huq, I don't know.

For all his faults, he's excellent at equally swiping the left, right, and centre of politics. Very funny!

How on earth he ended up with someone as fit as Konnie Huq, I don't know.

Faults? As a comedian you mean or in his personal life? I'm terrible on celebrity culture, never know anything. Didn't know he was with Konnie Huq, I agree done well there, just shows being funny does work with the ladies apparently!

Yeah I agree, he's good at taking the mickey out of both sides (bit like the Southpark creators). The fake news bit at the end that Bowie isn't dead and has revealed Trump is it latest persona and he's going on tour in 2017 :lol:

• Backroom

Faults? As a comedian you mean or in his personal life? I'm terrible on celebrity culture, never know anything. Didn't know he was with Konnie Huq, I agree done well there, just shows being funny does work with the ladies apparently!

Yeah I agree, he's good at taking the mickey out of both sides (bit like the Southpark creators). The fake news bit at the end that Bowie isn't dead and has revealed Trump is it latest persona and he's going on tour in 2017 :lol:

I mean his faults as a comedian. His 'Wipe' programmes are ace, but he sucks at anything else.

I liked the false news correspondence last year about Farage:

*gradually saying it slower* Here's Nigel Farage holding a pint of beer. Here's Nigel Farage holding a pint of beer. Here's Nigel Farage holding a pint of beer. Here's Nigel Farage smiling... and holding a pint of beer.

• Like 1

Anyone else watch To Walk Invisible? One of the best pieces of TV I've seen for a long time. My wife wanted to watch and, expecting a soppy Victorian approach, I only kept half an eye on the TV. Within 5 minutes I put the paper down and was gripped.

Edited by Paul

Anyone else watch To Walk Invisible? One of the best pieces of TV I've seen for a long time. My wife wanted to watch and, expecting a soppy Victorian approach, I only kept half an eye on the TV. Within 5 minutes I put the paper down and was gripped.

She really wanted you to watch it didn't she ? Did she let go when you needed a pee ?

• Backroom

Never heard of konnie huq or Charles booker

Charlie Brooker is a talented writer he wrote the Black Mirror tv series.

He used to have a show called TV Wipe which was a satirical look at television and since had newswipe.

He's a very dry comedian in the vein of maybe Jack Dee.

Funny man but a bit marmite

Charlie Brooker is a talented writer he wrote the Black Mirror tv series.

He used to have a show called TV Wipe which was a satirical look at television and since had newswipe.

He's a very dry comedian in the vein of maybe Jack Dee.

Funny man but a bit marmite

none the wiser

And Konnie Huq used to present Blue Peter and is fit.

see above...i remember shep

• 3 months later...

I absolutely loved Farscape, but it's an acquired taste. It's a bit silly and a bit cheap at times, but very enjoyable if you don't keep trying to compare it to bigger budget things

Anyway, what I resurrected this thread for .... Better Call Saul, season 3, seems to be off to a good start!

Also, with the upcoming new series and because Sky now have the original series box set available, my wife is watching the original Twin Peaks from the beginning (for the first time ever). This could be problematic, because she's been known to pause Hawaii 5-0 and Bones to ask questions about the plot. I currently anticipate we'll have finished watching it by 2025.

I am looking forward to a new series after all this time though.

• 1 month later...

As I loved the book, this has been very much on my radar, but I've been waiting for feedback before I start watching as I'd hate for it to suck. Similarly with the new Twin Peaks series and forthcoming Ready Play One film. If they can't do them well, I'd rather their left well alone 

1 hour ago, Glenn said:

As I loved the book, this has been very much on my radar, but I've been waiting for feedback before I start watching as I'd hate for it to suck. Similarly with the new Twin Peaks series and forthcoming Ready Play One film. If they can't do them well, I'd rather their left well alone 

I've not read the book so had no idea what to expect. I'm still going back to carry on watching and as odd as it is, I kept having to start the next episode as the end of each episode makes you want to know more.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom
5 hours ago, Biddy said:

anyone watching/watched 13 Reasons Why on Netflix?

I'm intrigued by it but 8 episodes in I can't just help feeling the main character is just a drama queen and I'm losing sympathy for her. 

Episode 8 explains whyou you think she's just a drama queen (I was the same). Keep at it, it's the escalation of it all.

Though quite why she never talked to anybody about it earlier is beyond me.

29 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Episode 8 explains whyou you think she's just a drama queen (I was the same). Keep at it, it's the escalation of it all.

Though quite why she never talked to anybody about it earlier is beyond me.

Yeah, everything so far has been petty little things and she was a right bitch (I thought) to Zach.

As you say, she so far hasn't talked to anyone and seems to have a good relationship with her parents.

It is compulsive viewing though.

• Moderation Lead

I needed a new series so I started watching 'The Walking Dead'. By and large it's been good so far (just finished series 3 episode 5). I'll see how it plays out.

Fargo season 3 has come back on Channel 4, that's been very good so far! There's one left of this season of 'Better Call Saul' (Breaking Bad prequel), which I've ultimately enjoyed, though I felt this season had a slow start!