BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I needed a new series so I started watching 'The Walking Dead'. By and large it's been good so far (just finished series 3 episode 5). I'll see how it plays out.

Fargo season 3 has come back on Channel 4, that's been very good so far! There's one left of this season of 'Better Call Saul' (Breaking Bad prequel), which I've ultimately enjoyed, though I felt this season had a slow start!

I've only just finished season 2 of Fargo which was great but the UFO was just nonsense.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Oh aye, I wasn't into that! Ewan McGregor plays the two main characters (twin brothers) in this current series of Fargo, I feel like he's done it well.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I needed a new series so I started watching 'The Walking Dead'. By and large it's been good so far (just finished series 3 episode 5). I'll see how it plays out.

Fargo season 3 has come back on Channel 4, that's been very good so far! There's one left of this season of 'Better Call Saul' (Breaking Bad prequel), which I've ultimately enjoyed, though I felt this season had a slow start!

Loving the new Fargo, David Thewlis is superb as the new Malvo.

You are still in the golden era of TWD there K-Hod. A very long decline awaits you...

• Moderation Lead

Yeah, he really came into his own in last week's episode! I'm looking forward to seeing this week's Fargo (I'll catch up with it tonight).

Haha, this is what I hear! I'm not afraid to sack off TV shows half way through though, I did that with Homeland when Carrie simply became unbearable!

Anybody watching the Putin Interviews? Enjoying it but something really odd about the whole thing that I can't quite put my finger on. Took towards the end of the second episode for Stone to begin with a more 'difficult' line of questioning, with regards to the subject of homosexuality in Russia.

Though I don't know which is more disturbing to me at the minute, Putin's plastic surgery or Stone clinging into his thinning hair!

• Backroom
On 12/06/2017 at 17:29, Biddy said:

Yeah, everything so far has been petty little things and she was a right bitch (I thought) to Zach.

As you say, she so far hasn't talked to anyone and seems to have a good relationship with her parents.

It is compulsive viewing though.

I enjoyed it but same as you I felt Hannah was pretty awful at times, Zach was a nice chap. 

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I enjoyed it but same as you I felt Hannah was pretty awful at times, Zach was a nice chap. 

I watched episodes 10 and 11 last night.  10 was woeful with a pointless story line about the stop sign.  Who in their right minds would have ever reported knocking that down let alone fretting about it so much.  Also, if it had been reported, the other incident would still have happened in that short space of time. The only good thing about episode 10 was the set up to episode 11 which is FINALLY Clay's story...

However Clay's story is a damp squib of an non-event.

I hope Eps 12 and 13 wrap it all up nicely.  However I now have my doubts as I see it's been renewed for season 2 and Hannah might even be back in it. WTF?

• Backroom

12 and 13 on their own would've led to her death being more understandable imo. Although you can't be in the right frame of mind to take your life anyway, so perhaps she had a mental illness throughout? Certainly makes more sense if she just has undiagnosed depression than blaming it on the whole series of events.

Ah. I've now watched episodes 12 and 13 and now it all becomes clear. I now feel a little guilty for doubting her.

I wonder if season 2 is going to now focus on the other sides of the stories.  They all mentioned that she wasn't 100% telling the truth and that is evident from the note that Zach kept and didn't throw away. Also, I guess it might focus on what happened to Alex, I don't think he shot himself as the photographer guy had an "Alex" flashback before taking his photo down.

Guess I'll be watching season 2 when that comes now!

On 6/14/2017 at 17:06, Mattyblue said:

Loving the new Fargo, David Thewlis is superb as the new Malvo.

You are still in the golden era of TWD there K-Hod. A very long decline awaits you...

I got lost in season 6. The episodes were so similar that I couldn't remember where I was in the season, so I just gave up. Earlier seasons were deadly. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Thrones is back on! What do we think so far? Any new conspiracies?

I put off watching it for years because I'm not into sci-fi stuff and fantasy "nonsense". But I caved in, mainly to make small talk at work and over the past 6 months or so I'm now fully up to date.

What a series I do regret not being in from day one. Technically the red wedding only happened recently for me and still reeling from that. Going in I heard the house of stark and the house of Lannister are loosely based on the house of york and house of Lancaster. So I've been routing for the baddies since day one. Not looking good for old cersi (however spell it). 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, matt83 said:

I put off watching it for years because I'm not into sci-fi stuff and fantasy "nonsense". But I caved in, mainly to make small talk at work and over the past 6 months or so I'm now fully up to date.

What a series I do regret not being in from day one. Technically the red wedding only happened recently for me and still reeling from that. Going in I heard the house of stark and the house of Lannister are loosely based on the house of york and house of Lancaster. So I've been routing for the baddies since day one. Not looking good for old cersi (however spell it). 

It's mostly based on convolutions of European history :) I started during Season 4!

On 27/07/2017 at 14:26, matt83 said:

I've avoided walking dead for my same I don't like fantasy stuff. So that's next up. I might have to have a rethink about that genre of tv.  

Don't forget Fear The Walking Dead (currently it's the mid-season break - series 3).

More of the same really . . . but different.

Edited by Husky

Finished watching series 1 of Gomorrah last night, it was superb. One of the best series I've ever watched, possibly the best. Certainly top 3. It's about the mafia in Naples and brilliantly written and acted. It's bloody and violent but that's the world of the Camorra.

It's in Italian with English subtitles (as it's an Italian made show) which further elevates it. I couldn't recommend this highly enough to anyone.