BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 03/01/2021 at 11:05, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My wife has set our remote up for finger print ID I think. I just get to watch whatever she fancies. I'm surprised you're not an avid " Spiral " fan. It's been great right from the first series.

She had me watch the recent chess film, " Queens Gambit ? " That's worth watching.

After I insisted we watched The Night Stalker on Netflix, superb by the way.

The Mrs has insisted I watch The Queen's Gambit - 4 episodes in, very good as TS says above.

• Like 3

Finished The Serpent a couple of nights back. Thought it was a slow starter but excellent from Ep2 onwards.

Also finished Designated Survivor a couple of weeks ago - wow, some of the stuff was a bit close to the bone saying it was recorded 2 or 3 years ago! Starts with bombing of the Capitol FFS! Some of the other storylines get a bit close too, but I'll not give anything away for those who haven't seen it.

Just started Mindhunters (Netflix). Set in 1970s, FBI - Enjoying it so far.

Edited by windymiller7

6 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Finished The Serpent a couple of nights back. Thought it was a slow starter but excellent from Ep2 onwards.

The Mrs says its the best thing she has seen on Tv for years, I may give it a go myself. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My missus is in the middle of bingewatching Vikings on Prime - I'm not sure that it's a healthy way to watch TV.

Bingewatching, of which I am very guilty, is not good and takes away a huge element of what makes TV so good. One of the best parts of a truly gripping series is watching an episode and having to wait a week for the next one and in the interim discussing all these weird and wonderful theories of what's going to happen and what twists there could be.

• Like 2

I'm onto episode 7 of The Serpent,knowing its a true story i did the stupid thing of looking him up on wikipedia first before starting to watch it so now i know what happens.I should have just watched going in blind.

i'm enjoying it but i think you could have done it all in about 6 episodes,8 episodes drags it out about 2 too many for me.

9 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Bingewatching, of which I am very guilty, is not good and takes away a huge element of what makes TV so good. One of the best parts of a truly gripping series is watching an episode and having to wait a week for the next one and in the interim discussing all these weird and wonderful theories of what's going to happen and what twists there could be.

Depends how you watch. We tend to watch 2 or max 3 episodes a night. We like to be able to finish a series before we start the next one but we wouldn't watch the whole series in one sitting

• Backroom

Hey no spoilers! 😛😛

I guessed Glen Hoddle right last time. 

It's actually genius as a family show. Kids like it cos of the animal costumes, even tho they have no idea who the people revealed are.

And it's almost palatable as a singing comp, when the alternative is 2hrs of "Barbie-Life in the  Dreamhouse." 

We watched all 6 episodes of the " The Investigation " on Friday and Saturday night. One of the best things I've seen in a good while. It's a  really understated depiction of the true story of the Scandinavian guy who built his own submarine and then murdered a female journalist. It's not sensationalist at all but a gripping example of how dogged police work wins in the end. It is sub titled.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/01/2021 at 13:00, Sparks Rover said:

Watched all the episodes of Its a Sin....really enjoyed it and as I was quite small in the early 80s, it opened my eyes.

Yep. I vote that one in too. If you grew up in, or were old enough to understand in the 80s, it really hits home in a few places. Thought Olly Alexander (Years & Years frontman) was excellent.

Just finished Jack Ryan on Prime. Quite enjoyed that.

Also watched the documentary "Estonia" on Discovery+. I remember it happening but wasn't aware of the big cover up that went on (and still is!). Definitely worth watching.

Edited by windymiller7

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Just stated watching 'upload' on prime quite interesting /light hearted so far. 

Feels like it could be a black mirror episode 

Just started this and really enjoying it!

Reminds me of San Junipero in Black Mirror and also the film ‘Her’ with Joaquin Phoenix.