BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 04/05/2021 at 11:09, Mike E said:

Re: Line of Duty, I was personally hoping for something like this:

Exactly the show that we got, but after the 'explanations' at the end we get one extra scene

We see a message typed on a laptop, camera pans round as the laptop is closed, so we don't see who typed it.

They walk out of the room facing away from us, and shut the door. On the back of the door hangs an unused walking cane.

Cut to black.

I'm with you. It wasnt that what's his name turned out to be the 4th man per se that was disappointing. He was so unmemorable that I've forgotten his name already so easy to see how he might slip under the radar of people looking for Mr Big. It was the fact that there was nothing memorable at all about that last episode. It was less than a whimper even and it needed something to leave you wondering. Something tantalising or spectacular in itself. You cant say goodbye to a big series in a half hearted manner like that. The end of Keeping Faith, whilst somewhat OTT, was more satisfying

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, gumboots said:

I'm with you. It wasnt that what's his name turned out to be the 4th man per se that was disappointing. He was so unmemorable that I've forgotten his name already so easy to see how he might slip under the radar of people looking for Mr Big. It was the fact that there was nothing memorable at all about that last episode. It was less than a whimper even and it needed something to leave you wondering. Something tantalising or spectacular in itself. You cant say goodbye to a big series in a half hearted manner like that. The end of Keeping Faith, whilst somewhat OTT, was more satisfying

I think that had I been prepared for a more subtle ending it would have been more satisfying but they'd bigged it up for an explosive OH MY GOD, big reavel ending. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I’ve just finished the fourth season of Fargo, did enjoy it a lot tbh!

Also on the fourth season of Snowfall, 7 episodes of 11 done thus far. This has been better than I thought it would be, actually! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a really interesting programme on BBC 2 at 9 pm tomorrow entitled Mrs Thatcher Vs The Miners. The synopsis refers to Thatcher defeating the miners in 1984 and changed the face of Britain forever. 

I used to know several miners who lived in pit villages and they pretty much lost everything including their dignity and pride.

Ding dong the witch is dead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, den said:

Yes, just watched the last episode now.

It was good, worth watching.

I didn't realise you could watch all three now. Tempted to watch it every Sunday night, there's something refreshing about watching TV the old fashioned way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

I didn't realise you could watch all three now. Tempted to watch it every Sunday night, there's something refreshing about watching TV the old fashioned way. 

Always find it easier to follow if I watch a few episodes together.

Sean Bean and Stephen Graham are a powerful duo.

33 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'm no good at waiting these days,if i know i can watch them all at once i do it.

Inside no 9 is frustrating as they are only showing them once a week instead of releasing them all at once on iplayer.I'd recommend it to anybody thats not seen it,all 6 series are top class.

8 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Anyone else watch 'Time'on bbc that started last night? 

Excellent viewing. It's a great script and some of the best British actors and actresses.

Jimmy McGovern is one of the best writers ever.

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Anyone else watch 'Time'on bbc that started last night? 

Yeah, I tanned it all last night on I Player.
Very good indeed.

As posters have said above, ‘Time’ is absolutely superb, the acting was outstanding and if anyone needed evidence that the prison system is broken this was it. 

Well worth watching, another gem from BBC filmed in North West.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

As posters have said above, ‘Time’ is absolutely superb, the acting was outstanding and if anyone needed evidence that the prison system is broken this was it. 

Another great drama written by Jimmy McGovern,one interesting fact that i read today was Hannah Walters who played Stephen Graham's wife in it is his actual wife in real life,i love finding out little titbits like that.

• Like 2

GB News got off to a grim start. 

Among the first interviewees were Farage and Sugar, so if that wasn't scraping the bottom of the barrel I don't know what is.

Andrew Neil told the nation his new station was "proud to be British". And then the audio stopped working

Things can only get better

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Another great drama written by Jimmy McGovern,one interesting fact that i read today was Hannah Walters who played Stephen Graham's wife in it is his actual wife in real life,i love finding out little titbits like that.

Jimmy McGovern, Sally Wainwright, Jed Mercurio.

The holy trinity of BBC writing.

43 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

GB News got off to a grim start. 

Among the first interviewees were Farage and Sugar, so if that wasn't scraping the bottom of the barrel I don't know what is.

Andrew Neil told the nation his new station was "proud to be British". And then the audio stopped working

Things can only get better

More trouble with brands adverts being pulled:

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-57483907

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I always thought Sean Bean was a bit one dimensional as an actor. After watching “ Time “ I had to eat my words, I thought he was tremendous.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Weren't they both in This is England too?

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Jimmy McGovern, Sally Wainwright, Jed Mercurio.

The holy trinity of BBC writing.

I would add Alan Bleasdale to that Mike but, as a relative ankle biter you might not remember him.

😁😁

• Like 1