BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Been unable to watch Ch4 for a full 3 weeks now (4 on Friday) due to subtitling issues 😞

The time they're taking to get the subtitles fixed on all C4 programming is a joke.You would think they'd have had a decent back up plan for a time when something like this might happen.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

The time they're taking to get the subtitles fixed on all C4 programming is a joke.You would think they'd have had a decent back up plan for a time when something like this might happen.

Even live subs are better than nothing. I literally can't watch it without subs unless we have it loud enough for the whole street.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just watched the 1st season of the Newsroom on Sky Box sets. Brilliant series. Just season 2 and 3 to watch this week

Then Billions series 5 to watch and then start to watch Succession season 1 and 2 in the next week before Rovers are back in action

Succession is brilliant Chaddy, hope you enjoy. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Succession is brilliant Chaddy, hope you enjoy. 

The Mrs tells me it’s brilliant, pity she was 2 seasons in before telling me 🙄

Edited by Gav

• Moderation Lead

I’ve done 7 episodes of the first season of Succession and I’m really enjoying it.

There’s this to blast through, then onto Dexter. (Another one that I want to see the end of, but I’m not that bothered about fundamentally).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

One of my favourite football films has made it onto Netflix:

I Believe In Miracles - The story of Brian Clough's European Cup Winning Team.

It's a documentary, told really well through the eyes of the players who (as with every player from the 70s/80s) are all fantastic raconteurs. Very funny and very poignant at times, and a real reminder of just what Clough managed to achieve with a midtable, second division side after ruining his reputation with his Derby exit, Brighton and Leeds.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

On 18/11/2021 at 16:14, Gav said:

I’ve just watched season 2 of The Tiger King - The story just gets even more bizarre.

It certainly wasn't as good as the first season, but when the star of the show is behind bars it's hard to replicate.

I also think that season one came out at a surreal time, so the stupidity of it all made it more watchable.

On 09/11/2021 at 16:10, Armchair supporter supremo said:

getting into Narcos: Mexico season 3 Just so good, the level of quality never drops on that show and I love the guy the Plays El Chapo, just perfect casting👌

I finished it last week. Excellent TV.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It certainly wasn't as good as the first season, but when the star of the show is behind bars it's hard to replicate.

I also think that season one came out at a surreal time, so the stupidity of it all made it more watchable.

I finished it last week. Excellent TV.

I finished season 3 of Narcos Mexico on Saturday, excellent.  On El Chapo on Netflix now

14 hours ago, Gav said:

The Mrs is just watching last nights episode of Succession, shes completely addicted to it, I'll give it a go at some stage.

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Just watched it.

Obscenely rich dickheads chatting in rooms largely… but it’s bloody great 😀

I was getting tired with the repetitive structure and narrative in S3 but the last two episodes were fantastic, the finale especially ranks as the best episode I’ve seen of the show. For me it’s up there with The Wire, Breaking Bad, GoT, and Sopranos. Top, too stuff. 

• Like 1

On 18/11/2021 at 21:14, Gav said:

I’ve just watched season 2 of The Tiger King - The story just gets even more bizarre.

I enjoyed season 2, also tried watching the Bhagavan story which is a Tiger King spinoff. Have to say it left me cold, he’s an evil character but nowhere near as magnetic or interesting as Joe Exotic, who is hardly in the spin-off. 

• Like 1

With the blackburn lass in the final of strictly dancing yesterday decided to watch it. She wasn’t even in it as injured unfortunately. That programme is simply unwatchable. Not even the dancing per se but the inappropriate overly sentimental fawning over one another. There are wedding vows that are less soppy than these people. Didn’t go 10 minutes without waterworks. All this from people who will likely never speak again after this series.

Edited by matt83

• Backroom
11 hours ago, matt83 said:

With the blackburn lass in the final of strictly dancing yesterday decided to watch it. She wasn’t even in it as injured unfortunately. That programme is simply unwatchable. Not even the dancing per se but the inappropriate overly sentimental fawning over one another. There are wedding vows that are less soppy than these people. Didn’t go 10 minutes without waterworks. All this from people who will likely never speak again after this series.

Have to say, however, speaking as a deaf man, this series has been one of the most significant events in the Deaf community this century if not ever.

A Deaf woman being unable to hear ANYTHING keeps in time to music and dances so well that she wins a significant nationally televised dancing competition judged by world dancing champions and choreographers.

I've rarely been so happy about something I wasn't personally involved in. It's up there with Rovers winning the league for me. Absolutely elated.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Have to say, however, speaking as a deaf man, this series has been one of the most significant events in the Deaf community this century if not ever.

A Deaf woman being unable to hear ANYTHING keeps in time to music and dances so well that she wins a significant nationally televised dancing competition judged by world dancing champions and choreographers.

I've rarely been so happy about something I wasn't personally involved in. It's up there with Rovers winning the league for me. Absolutely elated.

I did Ballroom and Latin American dance back in the day. I couldn’t keep time like that and I could hear the music ! It really was a phenomenal effort.