BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast #2

Guest Wen Y Hu

Aye, these day we nick 'em off Groobs instead ;)

I do miss the tales of Leavers Pies and Lucas Neil's fish tank though.

Must admit I miss Lukey boy's chats , as for his fish tank - had one specially made so big he couldn't get it into his house meaning it sat in our warehouse for years whilst he bought s smaller one , and the day he turned the electric off when we were playing Spurs away and all his fish died !

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this about the podcast, for all the people who have given stick to Philip, he came over as an articulate, confident and knowledgable person who spoke with both authority and common sense!!

I have to agree, I think I am in love.

Philip, next time you are on can you please say "From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant rebellion."

:wub:

Good job gents.

I have to agree, I think I am in love.

Philip, next time you are on can you please say "From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant rebellion."

:wub:

Good job gents.

Rebels, I love you too :wub:

I must admit, I thought we'd take a little flack over having Philip on as a guest so early. I didn't doubt he'd be every bit as good as he was, but I suspected some would object on principal. I'm delighted he (and the rest of the podcast) has been so well received.

I have actually had the pleasure of meeting Philipl for the burnley game live on sky in Kensington great win there from the premiership a couple of seasons ago it does not surprise me when I met him before seemed like a really interesting articulate knowledgeable guy look forward to listening to it soon.

You're ready to roll out jim then? ^_^

If Mr ...... erm ..... Jim would like to come on an talk about something along the line of the press' coverage of sports, I imagine he'd probably make a great guest.

Personally I'm waiting for the episode we announce Vinjay talking about parochial fans and their inability to think big.

• Backroom

Yep I don't think anyone doubts that Philip knows his stuff it's just his opinions over the last year or so that have been polarising. I look forward to listening!

Guest Wen Y Hu

Fantastic listen- thanks lads.

A potential BILLIONAIRE owner? According to Kamy this group are comfortably billionaires ;)

Good job you quoted Kamy and not Philip - your credibility would be in tatters by now :rolleyes:

That's the one thing that jumped out at me. Thought the logical way that they went through Venkys statements was excellent, sort of dis-credited the recent one released to a certain extent, or gave it a different context.

Keep these podcasts coming, superb stuff

Not really discredited but, as you suggest, put into context.

From the out takes of #1

" ..... This podcast has a very international feel, it's being brought to you from three different counties , Blackburn, Japan and Leeds......"

(Sorry Wen' couldn't resist .... and no, I'm not going to let you live that one down :P ).

To be fair, I did say countries rather than counties: Engerland, Japan and Dingleland.

He has perfect engllish

I try my best. Over the years, many Americans have complimented me on my English. There is no higher accolade known to man or beast, I assure you.

If Mr ...... erm ..... Jim would like to come on an talk about something along the line of the press' coverage of sports, I imagine he'd probably make a great guest.

Personally I'm waiting for the episode we announce Vinjay talking about parochial fans and their inability to think big.

Ha Ha Ha Ha this really brightened up my day but Glenn if you do get the pleasure to interview Vinjay don't mention Man Utd,Phil Jones his brain will explode with someone else's viewpoint. :lol:

Ha Ha Ha Ha this really brightened up my day but Glenn if you do get the pleasure to interview Vinjay don't mention Man Utd,Phil Jones his brain will explode with someone else's viewpoint. :lol:

I would listen to that.

Might have to listen very hard though as even if it all hit the mic, it would still only sound like a mosquito taking a crap.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Just listened to both the podcast, a big leap in quality between the pod casts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the feedback, BangkokRover and everyone else.

I haven't listened to the first one myself yet so it is hard to say about the difference. I certainly enjoyed listening to the second one, though, and thought Kamy and philipl made a great combination. What you also can't see (or hear) is how much work went into the editing. Glenn has done a super smooth job in difficult circumstances. During recording there was quite a bit of noise going on in the three very different background(s) and we had to go back over things again after having to stop on a number of occasions.* It doesn't really show in the final edit, I don't think, which is also a credit to Kamy and philipl, who picked up the flow expertly. Interestingly, at one point, it sounds like there has been an edit, but I'm sure there wasn't - this was caused purely because of the audio lag when on Skype combined with microphone issues.

* We stopped for quite a few things: Kamy having unplanned visitors descend upon him (literally); hotel guests re-packing their bags in front of philipl or so it seemed - that was distracting hearing zipping sounds and thinking philipl was in his hotel room; and Glenn will no doubt remind me of how many times we had to stop for me messing up - not that I remember them now...

Archived