BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(s) Mariano Pavone

Blue n White Rover

I dont have a problem with signing Freebies but when you already have Roberts & Benjani who hardly score many goals you have to ask if the new lad is any better.

Pavone - going off reports River were keen to sign him after an impressive start, but it appears his penalty fluff made that move impossible in the end.

He has a Italian nationality so that gets us round the passport side of things.

Transfermarkt profile

Agent - Ohne Berater

Averages 238 minutes per goal in his career.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-Rovers-to-sign-Hugo-Mariano-Pavone-who-missed-penalty-for-River-Plate-that-started-a-riot-in-Argentina-article765117.html

its even more embarrassing knowing that all the other teams in the prem now know that where signing free players, they must be laughing at us right now , i would have thought are first signing would have been a big money signing to get the fans on side this is just pushing us away more

Did I say he was good? Don't be a smart arse! I'll reserve judgement until I see him

I'm baffled by that, I'm only being just as much as a smart arse as you. I didn't say you said he would be good! I said, you said he could be good. COULD.

You were saying you were astounded that people were saying he were crap without seeing him, and I said I was astounded that people were saying he could be good without seeing him. Works both ways. Some people aren't actually saying he's crap but rather it's a disappointing or pointless signing. Just as you aren't saying he's good, but "may" be good.

His stats say at best he's going to be no better than what we have. Difference is what we already have, have premier experience. I'd love him to be brilliant but let's face it, that's not very likely is it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariano_Pavone

Is anyone thinking that this may be being done because they've seen enough of Blackman in pre-season to see he's not up to it? Also, they may have agreed a fee's for other players/strikers which may mean letting Kalinic go for sufficient funds.

One can only hope.

Is it definitely Pavone?

Nicko said the striker in question was tall. On that basis alone I'm holding out hope that it's Bobo instead.

Yep.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-Rovers-to-sign-Hugo-Mariano-Pavone-who-missed-penalty-for-River-Plate-that-started-a-riot-in-Argentina-article765117.html

You're right in that Santa Cruz was a growing prospect at the time before he went to Bayern (and when he was there). And I remember there wasn't anyone who wasn't saying £3.6m was a bargain!

But come on... you can't compare established internationals of Argentina and Paraguay. Do you think Roque would have got anywhere near Argentina's first team, even at his peak with us? PAvone's signing (if it even happens, or if it's even true) doesn't exactly inspire me but I'd probably rather pay no money and less wages for him than pay £8m and £90k a week for Roque. Maybe Roque needs a full season to properly get going but I really felt like we got bog all out of his loan term with us last season.

Formica played for argentina last month even though he clearly wasnt anyware near ready for the prem when he sighned for us, argentina(and brazil) give caps away for fun.

and yes i do think santa cruz at his best would get into an argentina squad easily(maybe not starting 11). and i never said anything about resigning cruz?

Hmmm let's jus hope we see more players through the door in the coming week. Not exactly an inspiring signing. Let's jus hope he can shine, he isnt THAT old and doesn't seem like he's had any long term injuries. And if them starts are right - one goal in every 238 minutes - then I suppose its better than kalanic, Roberts or benjani.

Just trying to put a positive slant on things. But I think venkys need to be getting the cheque book out soon!

WOW, talk of big names, big money, big ideas and ambitions and we get a little heard of trialist who could be on a free. Has a very familiar ring to it doesn't it. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Archived