BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(s) Mariano Pavone

Blue n White Rover

personally think with pavone signing its a win win situation, if it works out great we have a bargain on are hands and if it doesn't we got him for free and will be able to sell him on for a fee, don't see the harm of giving him a go, some players style of football suit the prem some don't, as someone said earlier nelson was a free and look how he's turned out, we seam to have a knack of pulling out good cheap or free signings

You wonder then, why all the other PL clubs don't go for non scoring, free transfer players all the time. They can't lose?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wonder then, why all the other PL clubs don't go for non scoring, free transfer players all the time. They can't lose?

We will have to see, he reminds me of a 29 year old Bastistuta, but only because he is Argentinan, nothing to do with football.

his record is not that great and he been relagated twice in three years scoring only 2 goals the season Betis went down.

Not impressive but free transfer I guess, little to lose.

Not reaslly the splash the cash signings I was expecting but still early enough days.

This signing has me a little more nervous though.

dont be nervous, chris! :rover:

its a no lose.. lowish wages.. hungry player. and hell can he be any worse than santa or mame were last season ?? ;)

dont be nervous, chris! :rover:

its a no lose.. lowish wages.. hungry player. and hell can he be any worse than santa or mame were last season ?? ;)

Watching Santa was painful even as a loan.

and seeing Mame miss the one on ones.

You'll probably be proven right "IF" we sign a couple of (or one at least) decent strikers.

At the moment, Roberts is still probably our top dog.

Its like signing Graham Fenton when you have Alan Shearer already, he can come on a score a few screamers against Newcastle, but when you don't have a great striker in back up, its becomes scary.

Good work Zac. Can you divuldge at roughly what stage the transfer is at? Medical? Bid? Wages?

terms agreed. has had 1st part of medical, having 2nd part of medical today.

Watching Santa was painful even as a loan.

and seeing Mame miss the one on ones.

You'll probably be proven right "IF" we sign a couple of (or one at least) decent strikers.

At the moment, Roberts is still probably our top dog.

Its like signing Graham Fenton when you have Alan Shearer already, he can come on a score a few screamers against Newcastle, but when you don't have a great striker in back up, its becomes scary.

hey.. dont dis fenton.. he was decent for a couple of months! :lol:

it'll be scary if we start the season with who we have right now// but chris.. there's still time. i didnt have you down as a worrier, pal! :tu:

strengthened in terms of numbers.

santa and mame diouf have gone.

warner is coming as a 3rd choice keeper and will also be a GK coach.

you seen pavone play ?

Warner only got his badges six months ago, how the hell has he got this job?

Is this the Argentinian Fella Pavone, or someone else?

We must have been linked with over 50 targets now, surely!

yes mate. i refer to pavone.

Warner only got his badges six months ago, how the hell has he got this job?

who's our new 'head of youth coach' and what club has he just come from ??

boom! there's your answer. ^_^

Zaccaius, am I right in thinking that its Pavone and another (unnamed and not Nedum/Mongongu) player are close to signing and are down at Brockhall?

I couldn't remember whether it was yourself or nicko who mentioned the other player...

strengthened in terms of numbers.

santa and mame diouf have gone.

warner is coming as a 3rd choice keeper and will also be a GK coach.

you seen pavone play ?

WE need QUALITY ! Quality FFS ! not shysters !

If thats the best you or anyone else at the club can come up, with then strongly suggest that you and the current management team and owners get out of Blackburn Rovers and go and get involved with Burnley football club.

booth

We began with Defoe... Then it changed to Bobo... But no, we get Pavone.

Excellent booth - managed to create a chant already :lol:

Honestly, first thing that came into my mind when I read this

ie ' When the ball hits the goal its not Shearer or Cole .... '

As I have mentioned earlier I have actually seen Pavone play in person on a couple of occasions when visiting Seville, added to that I have watched him play for Betis via highlights and Live TV feeds and I believe he is a decent player, better than what we had last season for sure.

Those who are jumping at the chance to slag the guy and his signing off based on their experience of him on Football Manager or a few YouTube clips need to reserve judgement until he actually plays a few games.

I think he will be a good signing, especially on a free!

Any signing is a risk, no matter what level the player has been playing at or his background, only time will tell if he has been worth the risk and being signed a free lessens the risk slightly as you can't make a loss on him (not including wages pedants).

terms agreed. has had 1st part of medical, having 2nd part of medical today.

hey.. dont dis fenton.. he was decent for a couple of months! :lol:

it'll be scary if we start the season with who we have right now// but chris.. there's still time. i didnt have you down as a worrier, pal! :tu:

i'm not too worried I still think they will deliver the goods, some people on here are very Nicko driven, he controls their moods.

I just think time will reveal all :D

could or couldn't prove to be a decent signing if we get a really good striker, I wouldn't want to gamble too much on a freebie.

WE need QUALITY ! Quality FFS ! not shysters !

If thats the best you or anyone else at the club can come up, with then strongly suggest that you and the current management team and owners get out of Blackburn Rovers and go and get involved with Burnley football club.

Shut up

Thought i'd add that I do agree that we need quality...but you're like a broken record.

As I have mentioned earlier I have actually seen Pavone play in person on a couple of occasions when visiting Seville, added to that I have watched him play for Betis via highlights and Live TV feeds and I believe he is a decent player, better than what we had last season for sure.

Those who are jumping at the chance to slag the guy and his signing off based on their experience of him on Football Manager or a few YouTube clips need to reserve judgement until he actually plays a few games.

Any signing is a risk, no matter what level the player has been playing at or his background, only time will tell if he has been worth the risk and being signed a free lessens the risk slightly as you can't make a loss on him (not including wages pedants).

You seem to be the only person here that has actually seen him play, so I'll ask your opinion. The main reason people are dismissing him is a fairly uninspiring goals record, in black and white. So perhaps you can tell us- is he more of a creative force than an out and out goalscorer? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

True. I have no idea about Pavone, but since he's free it isn't like it is a huge risk (unless he's going to be on Man City wages). I'd much rather him than spunking off £7m on some tool like Grabbi.

Re Zaccarius: Are you saying a player other than Pavone, Onoura or that Monaco defender is having a medical?

Excellent booth - managed to create a chant already :lol:

Honestly, first thing that came into my mind when I read this

ie ' When the ball hits the goal its not Shearer or Cole .... '

Love it!!!

You seem to be the only person here that has actually seen him play, so I'll ask your opinion. The main reason people are dismissing him is a fairly uninspiring goals record, in black and white. So perhaps you can tell us- is he more of a creative force than an out and out goalscorer? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Quick, creative and comfortable on the ball, he liked to come wide for the ball and run at people from what I can remember. His obvious weekness is his height but Betis played to his strengths as they had another dude who was good in the air.

Re Zaccarius: Are you saying a player other than Pavone, Onoura or that Monaco defender is having a medical?

no. sorry billy, i'll be clear. this player is different to those mentioned and has been at brockhall. no contract talks or medical has taken place, just yet, as far as im aware.

Archived