BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(s) Mariano Pavone

Blue n White Rover

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no. sorry billy, i'll be clear. this player is different to those mentioned and has been at brockhall. no contract talks or medical has taken place, just yet, as far as im aware.

since we are now told that Nedum Onouha seems imminent, is this who your referring to aswell or is this someone different ?

well no matter what people think of him, lets give him a chance and welcome him to rovers, when he's in the rovers shirt he is one of us and i will support him all the way, welcome Pavone

the fact that he's bought out his own contract says a lot for the guy. eager and hungry to prove himself.

welcome 'the tank'.

League comparison of Pavone compared to Roberts time with us……who unfortunately is probably our number 1 striker..

2010-11

Pavone – Played 18, scored 8 – 2.25 games per goal

Roberts – Played 25, scored 5 – 5 games per goal

2009-10

Pavone – Played 28, scored 6 – 4.66 games per goal

Roberts – Played 29, scored 5 – 5.8 games per goal

2008-09

Pavone – Played 19, scored 2 – 9.5 games per goal

Roberts – Played 26, scored 7 – 3.7 games per goal

2007-08

Pavone – Played 30, scored 9 – 3.33 games per goal

Roberts – Played 26, scored 3 – 8.66 games per goal

2006-07

Pavone – Played 19, scored 11 – 1.72 games per goal

Roberts – Played 18, Scored 4 – 4.5 games per goal

Overall

Pavone – Played 114 games, 36 goals

Roberts – Played 124 games, 24 goals

An improvement on what we already have upfront??

Im happy to give the guy a chance - ok so he may not be the multi million pound superstar that we all hoped for but thats not his fault! He has obviously got ability and plenty of experience so lets welcome him to Rovers and give him a chance to prove himself in the blue and white halves :D

I don't have a problem with him coming in as a replacement for Roberts or Benjani... would be disappointed if he was our Kalinic replacement, though.

He is probably a replacement for new or (soon to be gone) old Diouf.

Roberts and Benjari sadly are here to stay.

Benjari is only on peanuts and I think roberts will hopefully just be an impact sub. He has been effective when we really needed him but obviously is not a short or long term solution.

He has lost his way a little over the last few years but he has talent. There is no better place to rebuild your career than here at Blackburn Rovers.

Also, i mean no offence in this at all HUGHESY - but please tell me you are not employed and a student of some sort. You must post over 20 messages a day!!

Free transfer minimises any risk.

Although (rightly so) people will not read too much into his Youtube video, what it does show is that he can score goals with both feet and his head. Also a nice mix with a couple of nice long range efforts and also a few 'poachers' finishes.

If he's been on trial then Rovers should have seen his strengths and weaknesses.

One obvious advantage will be his strength (which Kalinic has/had very little of), which should serve him well in the Premier League.

Archived