BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] (RB) Bruno Ribeiro

Bruno is their older brother

Maniche is the middle one who isnt fit, who people thought it was earlier

Jorge Riberio is on trial

29 year old left back/ wing back.....International who lost his place to David Luis...does that free Givet up for the middle or just left back cover??

Wiki page

Transfermarkt profile

Sources - Nicko & Zac

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy if that is with view to a free!

29 year old left back/ wing back.....International who lost his place to David Luis...does that free Givet up for the middle or just left back cover??

Wiki page

Transfermarkt profile

Sources - Nicko & Zac

Wiki page

Transfermarkt profile

Sources - Nicko & Zac

Haha, another one well worth waiting for.

Cheers Venkys!

• Backroom

So Hughesy has confirmed todays latest mystery man is Jorge Ribeiro, brother of Maniche.

He plays in a Left back / wing back role.

Thought?

Noticed on his stats not very many appearances for the last few years....

As a free if he steps up to the mark in training then fair enough....BUT Venkys BUY us a PROPER Striker and Midfielder this week please...

Zac- you said we'd be happy!!

That was probably earlier when there was confusion around and people thought it was Maniche

Do wonder if we will look at both though, Maniche's clips on Youtube remind me very much of the goals Tugay used to score here.

• Backroom

maniche wouldve done.. if he was fit. he may yet be given time to prove himself.

he's over here staying at the dunkenhalgh.

Wait we were also considering Maniche? I thought he had just come with him, I can see why its interesting now

Zac- you said we'd be happy!!

Everyone's been stressing the need for left back/defensive cover... I guess people would be happy that it's a step in a sensible direction.

So long as he doesn't cost (am I right in thinking he was released by Benfica this season or am I wrong, anyone?) then I'd say this is perhaps a step in something close to the right direction... Sticking my neck right out with that, ha!

Noticed on his stats not very many appearances for the last few years....

As a free if he steps up to the mark in training then fair enough....BUT Venkys BUY us a PROPER Striker and Midfielder this week please...

Not happening is it.

Scratching around for bargains may be all good and well if we're baulking up the squad, and we may even find a rough diamond but we need to spend big bucks if we want to land a 15+ goals a season man. Heck even a 10+ which they seem extremely hesitant to do.

All cock and no balls this lot.

Edit: sorry for going off topic.

Used to be a huge fan of Maniche, but he's lost his way a little lately. Would still love him at Ewood just to see a former "hero" in the blue and white shirt, but I have my doubts as to whether he'd actually be a significant improvement on what we already have.

Ribeiro was good enough to be taken to the European Championship for Portugal three years ago, but I have no idea how good he is nowadays.

As usual, very little to get excited about.

Looking at his transfer history he seems to have had a bit of a 'nomadic' career, joining a club then going out on loan after a short spell. Wondering why that is? Could that be a bad sign?

If Rovers want a left back that's fine as long as the more pressing areas are filled also (strikers and central midfield).

Archived