BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Keisuke Honda.

BRFC_Pilkz

If you all knew what I know, you'll know that this is just not going to happen because of the things I know going going on in the background but I can't tell you what I know because if you all knew what I know you really wouldn't be happy so I wont say what it is. Innit.

Got a good engine on him I know that much

I so nearly went for that one myself...anyway, no miles in this story, move on.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like someone said earlier, I think this has been planted. Just before we set off to the Asia tournament we are linked

with one of Asia's best known players. There is not a cat in hells chance this will happen but clever fron Venkys,Hunt

to associate ourselves with such a player.

we should buy Wee Wun Wance! :D

Like someone said earlier, I think this has been planted. Just before we set off to the Asia tournament we are linked with one of Asia's best known players. There is not a cat in hells chance this will happen but clever fron Venkys,Hunt

If so they are now just treating the fans like idiots to be manipulated.

How dare they put a story out there to drum up a bit of interest in our club! The fiends!!

What like the other stories? Maradona? Ronaldinho? Beckham? How exactly does this "drum up a bit of interest" in the club?

And if you do seriously think that they are doing it to drum up interest in Rovers then I'll have whatever you're taking.

Did you listen to the podcast? They are getting a lot of free publicity out of this kind of thing, for their own ends.

SSN, in my recent experience they are normally increadibly wide of the mark.

Couple that with the fact Venkys will not shell out the necessary cash and I think we can safely put this one to bed now.

What like the other stories? Maradona? Ronaldinho? Beckham? How exactly does this "drum up a bit of interest" in the club?

And if you do seriously think that they are doing it to drum up interest in Rovers then I'll have whatever you're taking.

Did you listen to the podcast? They are getting a lot of free publicity out of this kind of thing, for their own ends.

Think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

We've been linked with a good player....where's the negative?

People will show an interest in our club for that very reason.

I.e. Lunch hour at work:

"Arran, I hear that Japanese bloke has been linked with Rovers? What you reckon?"

In Asia the intrest will be more because of who the player is.

Tbh I don't care if they're getting free publicity out of it. They own the club. If I ran a business and then purchased a football club; I'd be getting free publicity out of it too.

Doesn't mean they don't give a poo.

They wouldn't put their name into a club just to have it tarnished when it all fails because "they don't care"....

Think you're taking this a bit too seriously.

We've been linked with a good player....where's the negative?

People will show an interest in our club for that very reason.

I.e. Lunch hour at work:

"Arran, I hear that Japanese bloke has been linked with Rovers? What you reckon?"

And then in another couple of days...

"Arran, missed out on another eh?"

I'm taking it about as seriously as some people taking over a football club I've followed all my life, and cocking about with it with all take and no give. And it's not just transfers, that's only half of the problem.

That's all.

Well that's still showing intrest isn't it? Which was the initial argument.

Haters gotta hate

But thats the problem, theres always that 'intrest' theres no end product though.

If you all knew what I know, you'll know that this is just not going to happen because of the things I know going going on in the background but I can't tell you what I know because if you all knew what I know you really wouldn't be happy so I wont say what it is. Innit.

I so nearly went for that one myself...anyway, no miles in this story, move on.

Pointless post.

Mods is there no chance of deleting these types of posts from the hundreds of people ITK. It's just winding people up!

Well that's still showing intrest isn't it? Which was the initial argument.

Haters gotta hate

I've no idea why interest in something that doesn't happen, repeatedly, is a good thing. Are you trying to say all publicity is good publicity?

We've been linked to people from Maradona to Aguero. All I hear is people taking the pee out of us about it. And recently several columnists have stuck the boot in.

I've no idea why interest in something that doesn't happen, repeatedly, is a good thing. Are you trying to say all publicity is good publicity?

We've been linked to people from Maradona to Aguero. All I hear is people taking the pee out of us about it. And recently several columnists have stuck the boot in.

Which columnists actually like us??

Being linked with a decent player is a good thing even if nothing comes out of it.

People took the ###### when we tried to sign Lineker way back when.

It shows that we at least look like we have ambition.

Or would you prefer to be linked with Billy the butchers' assistant from up the road instead? I heard he plays a mean game of one bounce!

Why do you care if people are takin the ###### out of us? Fans always take the ###### when something doesn't go to plan. IMO you're being a little precious regarding what people think.

Who cares if columnists stick the boot in? It is a great thing to be linked to good players, but at some point we actually have to SIGN good players. If we can bring in one or two of the exciting young players we have been linked with then rival supporters and journalists can say whatever they like. Honda seems one of the least likely of all of the players we have been 'interested' in, but you never know. If we put in a bid there is a chance that he may want to leave Russia and may jump at the chance to come to the Premier League. It's worth a shot. Very good player, obvious marketing advantages and is somewhat realistic.

The problem is that we won't bid, probably have no real interest and will end up signing someone on a free instead.

Archived