BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adelino Andre Vieira (Vieirinha)

keaney23

OK, you want a discussion ? Explain....

"you think Kean with his limited resources and know-how is going to have Rovers playing in a "Barcelona" style in the toughest league in the world"

I didn't say that, I said "Kean wants to take us down the same route as Barca" - I never said he will succeed.

How is copying not comparing? Because you can copy and fail.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, you want a discussion ? Explain how the below makes any sense at all.

Also explain how you think Kean with his limited resources and know-how is going to have Rovers playing in a "Barcelona" style in the toughest league in the world ?

How do you not understand that to do something in the same style doesn't mean it will be as good?

How do you not get that emulating something doesn't require the same amount of intelligence as inventing something?

Why do you not realise that asking questions is still not giving your opinion or properly contibuting to a discussion?

Yeah, I remember that Villanueva who we signed who became a big success. That youtube video was a sign of things to come.

At the time Sam said he was interested in keeping him, but we couldn't afford the 6-7 million dollar fee that was being quoted by his club. He did fairly well for us at such a young age, and playing in a very different league for the first time. He seems happy enough to be playing for Al-Shabab, on what is likely high wages and a much easier league.

I heard that there was movement on this last week and have been given quite a few datails over the last few days on the breakdown of the deal the players club would want and where Rovers are currently in proceedings.

However the source of this information was not through an official channel i use at BRFC, so I have not run with it yet until i get concrete confirmation that this could/will happen from the club.

I do think he is a very good player and one that could excite fans, however I do have my concerns regarding irons we have in the fire at present as we dnt appear to be addressing more obvious weaknesses within the team. Its ok looking at exciting skillful luxuary type players like Park-Chu-Young and this fella, but i'm concerned that the money would be best served spent elsewhere and on a different profile of player. We do have live targets, but if these other live targets dnt bare fruits and we miss out on them, We will have to quickly move on to new targets and at present although we have interest in some good stikers we have still not persuaded one to put his name on the dotted line, of course that may change over the next 48 hours, But until it does, Rovers are short of a proven match winner at the highest level and all our efforts need to be put into addressing that issue first in my opinion

The attacking players also all seem to share a history of playing multiple positions. I really think Kean wants to take us down the same route as Barca with an extremely flexible outfield. The unpredictability of high tempo pacey players - passing and moving seamlessly not only looks 'pretty' but is a fair superior style of football.

Looking at the players he's going for we do look like we'll be going with technical players that have a bit of pace and skill. Will be pleasing on the eye if the right players come in but can't help agree with Glen9mullan below...

Rovers are short of a proven match winner at the highest level and all our efforts need to be put into addressing that issue first in my opinion

Agreed we need to sort out a proven goalscorer. Question is whether we have the finances to buy one. The players we have been linked strongly linked with (Petrovic, Goodwillie and Vierhina, Mongongu) all seem to be good value and good prospects. Still think we need to blow some money on an established player or two.

I didn't say that, I said "Kean wants to take us down the same route as Barca"

Not going to be playing a diamond formation with one central midfield player then, is he?

You kind of lose by default now when you have tactical arguments. +5 or not, Jim's nearer the truth on this.

The key to Barcelona's style is the central midfield; Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio Busquets etc. They smother teams to the point of suffocation with their relentless possession. Kean most certainly is not buying players who can do that.

Glen can you see much happening in the next 48 hours regarding these live targets?

We currently have 3 individuals in Thessaloniki discussing Vierinha they went out there Friday, and had talks in athens and spoke with the player on the phone and he has indicated he would be keen to come.

PAOK Are in a few financial difficulties and are seeking investment, but selling their best player would not be seen as a good way to get new investors to the table and it would have a big back lash from their fans.

My sources tell me that a bid of 3,65 mil euros cash and 500.000 euros in bonuses was made. Moreover they offered to pay the 13% of a total 33% which Porto have retained in Vierinha's rights (when they sold him to PAOK), and allow Porto to keep the other 20% when Rovers (hopefully) re-sell Vierinha. And finally, Rovers accepted to pay all the taxes.

However this is still 500k less than PAOK Want should they agree to sell the player. They need the money but its the knock on effect of investment which worries them.

On Goodwillie Gavin Gunning was offered as part of the deal but he turned it down, WHY i aint sure, this has had more twist n turns than a barclays card advert so i dnt really want to get into it, as sources i use have conflicting stories and the people at Rovers even appear to be a little in the dark to the ins n outs.

Park-Chu-Young as Kammy has already mentioned on here and on the good podcast the guys did over the weekend seems to favour a move to Liverpool, I'm told a bid was lodged but it was a token bid and no-where near the players valuation, The player has indicated he wants Liverpool move, and a lot will depend on Liverpool if they put a bid in.

Mongondu- Is a deal which seems to have been around forever and news on him is expected by Wednesday/Thursday according to some sources i use, Rovers are being coy over him so its difficult to gauge the vibes there, but it is expected to happen.

The other players we are in the market for and have made enquires/bids (Rovers being very coy on using the word Bid)I'm expecting a serious step up on these this week, A lot depends on the other active things in the pipeline, plus we need to cull a few players from our squad still.

One player who has been suggested from a few reliable sources is Modibo Maiga, He currently plays for Sochaux in France, now i'm lead to beleive he could be costly, but i dnt know too much about the player, and why he could be costly as he aint someone who I can recall being hot property.

Andy Johnson is a player we reportedly approached Fulham for last week and they were keen to do a deal, but only when they have signed a replacement, I have not had this confirmed by BRFC but it did come from a source who has a good track record.

Podolski- This is still up in the air and we are watching developments on the player, to date no bid has been lodged, and he seems to have visited the quck more times than Grella this summer, which would be a concern although they are minor things. He won't be cheap but with the other targets they are moving for It would appear unlikely they would opt for him if the other came off as he could not really be that lead line front man.

Valdez/Barrios- Both these players rovers had an interest in before Copa America, Last time i heard, Valdez's agent was in Lancashire, but I presume that was talking to Wigan, If Rovers re-ignite their interest in him it may get interesting. Barrios would be costly and his scoring record is immense, it would take some convincing to get hin at Blackburn and following Rovers gamble to wait until after the Copa America he may just now be too expensive for our budget after Paraguays success at the tournament.

Raul- Been told that this is just not going to happen from people I trust and are reliable, however some other sources still think it could be on the cards so on that basis its one I will leave alone.

Will try and keep things updated if no-one else post anything which you may like to know, but i think Kammy ect have got things pretty up to speed here already, and there is not much to add to it

Can't for the life of me understand why we're going for this lad - unless we're selling Hoilett.

There are two wings, Den. ;)

We definitely need another winger. Even if Olsson plays in midfield, we have absolutely no depth there. If Olsson is going left back (which seems perfectly plausible given that we don't seem to be interested in left backs) then the need is even more pressing.

There are two wings, Den. ;)

We definitely need another winger. Even if Olsson plays in midfield, we have absolutely no depth there. If Olsson is going left back (which seems perfectly plausible given that we don't seem to be interested in left backs) then the need is even more pressing.

If we're not selling Junior, wingers should be well down on our priorities LeC.

I agree to a certain extent, I've said all summer that central midfield and up front is the main priority. We're just waiting on Petrovic to sort one problem out (hopefully!), and Goodwillie is having a medical.

That just leaves us needing another striker. After that I'd say a winger is the main priority, closely followed by a defender.

I'm not trying to belittle the need for a main striker, but we can't just ditch every other position until that's sorted. If Vieirinha is deemed good enough, is available and is affordable, then it makes no sense not to buy him, because it's a position we are definitely short.

I was wondering if the old rumours about MGP being pushed out might have something in them rather than cover for Hoilett.

Anyone know if this guy can tackle and defend from the front?

you'll be getting a few minus marks for not conforming to the happy clappy brigades desire for signings, whatever the quality. :lol:

As will I and anyone else, no doubt.

I was wondering if the old rumours about MGP being pushed out might have something in them rather than cover for Hoilett.

Anyone know if this guy can tackle and defend from the front?

you'll be getting a few minus marks for not conforming to the happy clappy brigades desire for signings, whatever the quality. :lol:

As will I and anyone else, no doubt.

+1 from me Den :blush:

Phillip makes sense with his points IMO. MGP is a weak point in our team and the new boy could be set to replace him.

I would guess that at 5'5 and being quite small physically he is not the best tackler in the world.

I have one massive concern here, we are it appears, to be targeting skilful and pacey footballers, thats good in itself however, I dont want us to overdo things and let the bloody diamond formation which almost got us relegated be the pattern of play because unless these new signings can press the ball extremely well, retain their shape and get back into defensive positions quickly when needed, we will be in a mess.

One of the biggest things in tactical coaching is for a team to move together as a unit, denying the opposition space in which to play, last season using the diamond formation, we were far too exposed at the back, indeed, I saw Emerton (right mid) trying to get back to support Salgado from the left midfield position, something is clearly wrong with how the team is set up if that happens, so for me a conventional 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 is the way to play.

+1 from me Den :blush:

Phillip makes sense with his points IMO. MGP is a weak point in our team and the new boy could be set to replace him.

I would guess that at 5'5 and being quite small physically he is not the best tackler in the world.

You dont need to be able to tackle, close the lad down quickly, jockey the player and make him play the ball where he really doesnt want to go, pressurise them into making mistakes, indeed, I would prefer if some of the players who cant tackle bloody wouldnt.

strength is depth is a must. Pedersen is not a wide player anymore. He's better at being a box to box midfielder.

Plus kean might want to play Hoilett in the hole aswell.

Archived