BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adelino Andre Vieira (Vieirinha)

keaney23

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats because there isn't a concrete offer just an inquiry to see if they are willing to sell and the cost of the player, its common practice talk to the club get the green light then place a bid around the figure they are looking for or move on.

Is this relevant to our need for a centre half to replace Jones and possibly Samba too .... unless you think 5ft 6in central defenders are a good idea ?

Do you understand plain English ?

Have you yet made a post which was anything but total garbage?

Interesting to see the same old members resorting to petty insults.

Think you guys need a time out and cup of herbal tea.

The player doesn't seem to think we've made an offer....

ESPN article

An initial offer of £2 Million Euros was offered last week and we was laughed at, as its a million miles away from what they would want should they decide to part with the player, which in truth they don't, The figure being banded of around £4Million with buy out clauses ect of sell on's from Porto ect is believed to be what Rovers are putting together, however this still seems a lot short of what PAOK would accept.

As yet no second offer has been made

Sky seem to have their finger on the pulse as usual (Being Sarcastic before someone posts the ESPN links...)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7076791,00.html

Would he necessarily know if the club hadn't taken an acceptable offer?

No but people are saying that because he is short he cant make it in this division. Clearly that is rubbish because a number of shorter players have. We're not talking about comparing them directly to Vierinha in terms of talent, its in terms of stature. Understand???

But their talent is the reason their stature makes no issue over their ability to play in the EPL, understand????

Perhaps you should have gone down the route of alan wright as mentioned by another poster, then I wouldn't be laughing at you all. Understand????

No-one is stupid enough to think that height has an effect on the ability to play in the PL - but strength definitely has.

Thought that was fairly obvious.

And yet the biggest reason players get released from academies???

Too short.

And yet the biggest reason players get released from academies???

Too short.

Can't believe it's as simple as that Maj. Not simply down to height [unless you're 5ft 5ins, and can only play centre half]. :lol:

Can't believe it's as simple as that Maj. Not simply down to height [unless you're 5ft 5ins, and can only play centre half]. :lol:

Sorry to say this Den, Maji is 100% correct, lots of lads released due to their height, indeed and this is not racist, I know scouts who have been briefed to find big strong black lads who can play a bit!!

On the other side of the fence we have Barca and the Spanish national team, height is not a problem there, however, the British game is different, as Salgado said, in Spain if you have good possession in a game you will win, in England its different!!!

Sorry to say this Den, Maji is 100% correct, lots of lads released due to their height, indeed and this is not racist, I know scouts who have been briefed to find big strong black lads who can play a bit!!

On the other side of the fence we have Barca and the Spanish national team, height is not a problem there, however, the British game is different, as Salgado said, in Spain if you have good possession in a game you will win, in England its different!!!

Still struggle with it Kelbo. Maybe they're deemed as never going to be strong enough to make it as a pro, but not just because of height.

No, sorry, not having that. [with the greatest respect to you both].

Still struggle with it Kelbo. Maybe they're deemed as never going to be strong enough to make it as a pro, but not just because of height.

No, sorry, not having that. [with the greatest respect to you both].

Den, mate your right it is mental especially when they are 14-16 as they haven't stopped growing. Trouble is height is desired, so if they have a choice between 2 kids and one is shorter but otherwise they are pretty much the same the short kid will lose out. Strength is a trainable attribute, height well there's nothing anyone can do about it, except ensure they reach their full potential in it.

Crazy but true.

PS Den you don't need to say with respect to me, I respect your opinion and have no issue with you saying what you have because of that and most likely always will. :rover:

Den, mate your right it is mental especially when they are 14-16 as they haven't stopped growing. Trouble is height is desired, so if they have a choice between 2 kids and one is shorter but otherwise they are pretty much the same the short kid will lose out. Strength is a trainable attribute, height well there's nothing anyone can do about it, except ensure they reach their full potential in it.

Crazy but true.

PS Den you don't need to say with respect to me, I respect your opinion and have no issue with you saying what you have because of that and most likely always will. :rover:

There are different attributes that come from being tall or short though.

A tall person rarely has the acceleration, close ball control (when dribbling) or agility of a shorty.

There are different attributes that come from being tall or short though.

A tall person rarely has the acceleration, close ball control (when dribbling) or agility of a shorty.

But if you get them young enough those are trainable attributes. Go watch Man City U18's their winger are both tall and both excel in those attributes.

But if you get them young enough those are trainable attributes. Go watch Man City U18's their winger are both tall and both excel in those attributes.

Aye they are trainable to an extent but a short guy can take twice as many steps as a tall guy over the same distance. An excellent tall dribbler would not be as good as an equally talented small one. Just saying.

I do think it's easier to be better at football if you're tall in the premier league though...not based on talent...just that physical attributes can get you out of some sticky situations. Or win you a game under Allardyce.

Aye they are trainable to an extent but a short guy can take twice as many steps as a tall guy over the same distance. An excellent tall dribbler would not be as good as an equally talented small one. Just saying.

I do think it's easier to be better at football if you're tall in the premier league though...not based on talent...just that physical attributes can get you out of some sticky situations. Or win you a game under Allardyce.

Thats because of the centre of gravity, Maji will explain better than I can but I can give you some idea of what happens with lads.

Had a lad released from a league club who came to our youth team, looked bloody awful, lacked pace, clumsy, awkward the lot!!

The lad had grown about 6" in a short space of time and all his co-ordination etc had gone, couldn't cope with his new found height, it has taken quite some time to get him anywhere near the level he must have been at to be at a league club!

Probably explains why as a nation we'll never succeed !

Anyone know how many EPL clubs don't play an English/British style game any more in the league?

Hum, depends how you define it. I suppose 'traditional British' play is 442, a strong centreforward and wingers (probably few better examples of that than the Shearer Rovers years). Very few clubs bother with that. Even Allardyce's style was quite different from what you would see anyone play in the 60s, 70s or 80s.

Pretty much eveyone in the league plays varients of 451/4231/433 at least some of the time - which certainly can't be described as 'traditional British' including all of the teams just mentioned. Probably the most similar in the league are Sunderland - and Liverpool seem to be aiming for it with their purchases under KK (Andy Caroll, Downing etc.)

Anyone know how many EPL clubs don't play an English/British style game any more in the league?

Football tactics and formations constantly evolve so British style football isn't defined by a single formation. I would say that the charactoristics of the Brotish game are around physicality, strong running, strong challenges and getting the ball forward quickly so I would say just about all EPL teams play a British style game. Hence why Southern European imports are a lot less succesful than Northern European in general.

Judging by the amount of posts on this thread since i left work at 5pm last night i thought something might have happened.

But no, just a load of nonsense which has very little to do with the player.

Might check back in at 9am tomorrow morning :rolleyes:

Archived