BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window Part 4

Ste B

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone shed any light on the player bids Kean mentioned in his press conference earlier this week?

(Finding anything amidst the waffle in the transfer section is impossible - even more so now the search facility does not work "[#10146] You do not have permission to use the search system")

Zac told me the other day we've bids in for 2 players valdez and veirinha, no idea who they are, not even looked.

I have no idea of first names, or where they play currently, and he's not around to ask, but this information seemed to fit in with what Kean said in his press conference.

Make of that what you will.

Zac told me the other day we've bids in for 2 players valdez and veirinha, no idea who they are, not even looked.

I have no idea of first names, or where they play currently, and he's not around to ask, but this information seemed to fit in with what Kean said in his press conference.

Vierienha plays for paok and is a little fast winger, and valdez is a paraguan striker

Apparently we put in a 1m euro bid for Valdez.. considering they actually turned down a 4m euro bid from wigan not exactly suprised that one was a none starter.

Looks like the exodus may be slowing down: linky

I like the bit where it says;

"We've been talking to Gavin but we really need some feedback from Blackburn as it seems to have gone a bit quiet," said Well number two Kenny Black.

I guess we've noticed that too.

Stumbled across this news from earlier in the month:

Aron Gunnarsson joins Cardiff on free transfer.

How on earth did we let that slip by?! He's a midfielder with loads of potential. Weren't we after him for like £4 million a few years back?

He's a million times better than Andrews. For free and Championship wages too. Urgh.

He was considered very promising at one point, but I believe he stagnated a short time after that. Going to Cardiff on a free transfer doesn't exactly imply that he had loads of suitors after him. Then again, what player WOULDN'T improve our midfield at this point?

Good news. With players departing and none likely to come in we'll need him.

Very good footballer and sorely missed - welcome back.

I might just have answered my own question. Diouf was nowhere near a "very good footballer" last year, all I saw was a winger who had lost what little pace he once had and constantly slowed our attacks down by holding on to the ball and falling over/lose the ball to a defender. With our without his disciplinary record, Diouf is not good enough.

Is Jay Bothroyd still a free agent? I can see him coming back as our big signing if he is. What frustrates me is that it seems as if we get linked to 1,000 targets, allegedly mess about for weeks and then give up. OK, so a lot of it is paper talk, but some of it must be true.

So far Venky's have been proven to be utterly dismal, and even worse than the Walker Trust. I was positive about their intentions and their potential as owners when they took over, but they've turned the club into a joke.

I hope I'm in the right place to ask this... have we signed or do we look like signing anyone?

No one of signifcance yet. Come back in 5 weeks but don't hold your breath we'll have any more new players by then.

I'd be hijacking Stokes bid for Momo Sissoko if I were a Venky.

Pish at Juventus. No thanks.

Played one good ball all season, leading to Krasic scoring against Lazio. Other than that, he was an absolute nightmare.

Felipe Melo, on the other hand, just signed for Galatasaray on loan, with a view to a €13m move on an agreed fee. I thought he was sure to sign for Arsenal.

Andy Cryer-the one person who gets repeatedly lambasted on here, has been right for the most part this window!

How the tables have turned.

Only guy I trust, personally.

Why don't we at least look at Carew, Reo-Coker and Hitzelsberger, players with quality on frees?

Probably because none of them fit the Venky's views for boosting their image in Asia. What the manager requires is of secondary importance. (Or so it would seem).

Reo Coker on a free would of been a good signing to replace JJ but looks like he's off to Bolton.

If as speculated we have little/no money we should be considering the likes of Reo Coker.

Reo Coker on a free would of been a good signing to replace JJ but looks like he's off to Bolton.

Sorry not good enough !

Can we raise the bar please. :rover:

Onwards, forwards and upwards.

Quotes from Kean on yahoo saying breakdown of communications with Benjani and hopeful we can agree a deal with him to stay on.

Let's hope to god he's dropped his phone in the toilet or something and Venky's won't let us talk to his agent ;)

Quotes from Kean on yahoo saying breakdown of communications with Benjani and hopeful we can agree a deal with him to stay on.

Yes, just seen him being interview on SSN, looked very relaxed, no Offers for Big Chris, still wants him to stay, Benjani getting a new offer, he hopes he will re join the squad in Hong Kong. EHD will "Probably go" offers on the table.

venkys interview just been on sky sports news from india, balaji doing the talking-dismised any talk of kean leaving as false rumours, no money-not according to him although any money spent will be spent very wisely, seemed very genuine(as usual), kean was there creeping up to everyone.

Roversinsider makes very grim reading.

But he dosnt half contradict himself.

Transfer budget is 0

We have money to spend but wages, agents ect pushing pushing prices higher than venkys thought.

All money we'd have for transfers is being swallowed by the bank.

Brothers have got bored and have lost intrest.

And we've got a guy in to sort cheap marque signings.

Money will be spent wisley.

Archived