BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kalinic

Glenn

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hong Kong is part of China, albeit a special regional administration.

I knew I would get called up on a technicality with that one.

Thanks. :blush:

Also I would have never said that to his face so I apologise for saying it behind the safety of my keyboard.

Leaders Dnipro Blackurnu offered compensation of seven million euros as the English club agreed

ZAGREB - Croatian striker Nikola Kalinic broke the contract with English Premiership club Blackburn and his career will most likely continue in the Ukrainian league club Dnipro from Dnjipropetrovskog.

Leaders Dnipro Blackurnu offered compensation of seven million euros as the English club agreed. Two years ago Kalinic of Hajduk went to Blackburn. The whole transfer is then accounted for 7.5 million euros. The contract was signed for four years. Not the Kale naigrao the new club, he scored seven goals.

Still waiting to sort out some "paper" formalities to Kalinić could become a new member of the Dnipro, whose jersey this winter wears another former Hajdukovac, Ivan Strinić standard member of the Croatian national team.

Its brilliant business if we got €7.5M circa £7m.

Only paper formalities left.

Thought we'd have to cut our losses but €7m is good business. Shame it didn't work out for him here, as he's a talented player*, but we move on onwards and upwards

*Waits for Den's obligatory rant*

I think it's saying we paid 7.5 for kalinic and Dnipro are paying us 7

good business either way, which again shows that Venkys are good business people. they just now need to hopefully, sort out incoming players a bit better.

If we paid €7.5 two years ago wouldn't that actually work out as less than €7m today taking the exchange rate into consideration. The euro is currently pretty much 1 to 1 with the pound, two years ago I'm sure it was closer to 1.2 or 1.3 euros to the pound.

I'm sure someone could work it out.

If we paid €7.5 two years ago wouldn't that actually work out as less than €7m today taking the exchange rate into consideration. The euro is currently pretty much 1 to 1 with the pound, two years ago I'm sure it was closer to 1.2 or 1.3 euros to the pound.

I'm sure someone could work it out.

7.5m Euros = 6.528m pounds.

converter

• Backroom

I would have loved Kalinic to work out for us to be honest, there were glimpses of potential in him. I can remember a ridiculously good goal he scored (can't remember the game but it was outside the area in the top corner of the net) which was wrongly ruled out, - sums up his time here really, a bit of bad luck (how many times did he hit the post/bar?) and not enough time to develop. I think he ended up losing confidence, his morale and attitude sunk and we ended up with a player who was never going to really get going for us.

It's a shame, but, good luck to him in future. I think it's commendable that we've basically got back what we paid for him in terms of transfer fee. Well done Venky's on that one if it comes off.

I would have loved Kalinic to work out for us to be honest, there were glimpses of potential in him. I can remember a ridiculously good goal he scored (can't remember the game but it was outside the area in the top corner of the net) which was wrongly ruled out, - sums up his time here really, a bit of bad luck (how many times did he hit the post/bar?) and not enough time to develop. I think he ended up losing confidence, his morale and attitude sunk and we ended up with a player who was never going to really get going for us.

It's a shame, but, good luck to him in future. I think it's commendable that we've basically got back what we paid for him in terms of transfer fee. Well done Venky's on that one if it comes off.

Against Tottenham, on his left, whilst being fouled and punched in the back of the head. Also had a goal wrongly ruled out against United around that time as well. Hope he'd have worked out. Thought he would. Always tried to do too much though.

• Backroom

Against Tottenham, on his left, whilst being fouled and punched in the back of the head. Also had a goal wrongly ruled out against United around that time as well. Hope he'd have worked out. Thought he would. Always tried to do too much though.

You're right, think it was Spurs. A great goal-that-never-was.

He was getting a decent run together around the new year before getting stupidly sent off, think he'd scored two (against WBA?) then made some idiotic challenge and got sent off. Think that was pretty much the end for him at Rovers, didn't feature much after that. Wonder if things would have turned out differently if he'd not got sent off?

reluctantnicko Alan Nixon

Here's a shock. Kalinic deal not done yet. @roversinsider tip re sell-on clause correct. Lawyers and translators working overtime.

Just wonder if the hold up has anything to do with the agents son, who is study for his law degree, is involved in any part of this deal.

Archived