BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

favourite rovers moment

basically what moments stand out for you over the years

mine are

kevin moran goal against derby in the playoff against derby ( if anyone has a link to that goal then please post it )

my first ever night match against sheff utd and they had an illuminous away kit and all their away fans had it on. amazing sight

going 4-1 up against man utd with bentley getting a hatrick

actually seeing it confirmed that kenny was becoming manager

jacks speech at the town hall after promotion

Spring 2004, Craven Cottage, Monday. Still in the relegation battle, needed a win. 0-1 Cole, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 Douglas, 2-3 Amoruso drills a free kick in, 3-3, 3-4 Stead. My pulse was close to 200 for the whole two hours.

• Like 1

Plymouth at home and not sure why but Wrexham away in about 79/80 when Dunc scored and a nutter with an Everton boiler suit on (?) ran the length of the pitch to oonfront us!

Spring 2006 at the James Joyce Pub in Madrid.

Me and my friend the only two Rovers fans in a packed pub all other were United Supporters.

We got some abuse during the game from all the supporters.

We end up winning 4-3 after a hat-trick from Bentley who had signed his contract the same day. The pub empties. Only two left me and my friend celebrating.

Getting home to the apartement where my other roomie was (didnt like him that much) who had been sat in his room follow live text updates (PLASTIC SUPPORTER!!!!). Made him cry when we came home singing Rovers songs and making fun of him calling him plastic supporter etc.

GET IN WHAT A NIGHT !!!

Also the 0-3 win at JJB Stadium 1st of Jnauary 2007. What a start on a new year! We were hungover as hell after partying to the middle of the night in Liverpool. Then woke up and got to a pub in Wigan and another one next to JJB Stadium where we met a lot of nice Rovers supporters.

The striking similarity between all my visits watching Rovers is that Rovers supporters are Englands nicest supporters (Nothing like people are on this MB) and we all feel very very very very welcome!

Thanks WB, remember it well. I was sat in the middle of the Derby fans with 4 other Rovers mates from Southport which is where I lived at the time. I don't remember how we survived as it was obvious we were blues as the only fans sat on their hands amongst the Derby fans,

Great memories....what a rollercoaster!!!!

Plymouth at home and not sure why but Wrexham away in about 79/80 when Dunc scored and a nutter with an Everton boiler suit on (?) ran the length of the pitch to oonfront us!

More like a prison overall !

So , so many, but I'll never forget the first Premier League game at Ewood Park.

Rovers 1 Arsenal 0, Shearer was an absolute nightmare for their defence all night and then shoulder barged Carter (?) into the Enclosure and smacked it in, Blackburn End went absolutely potty- WE HAD ARRIVED :brfc:

The striking similarity between all my visits watching Rovers is that Rovers supporters are Englands nicest supporters (Nothing like people are on this MB)

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

This goal has always stuck with me, I swear I don't remember a louder chear for a goal than this and I was there for the VE day game and the Worthington Cup!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/1004976.stm

I remember celebrating with a random guy next to me in the BBE who I'd sat next to for years and did so for a few years after yet that was the only time we acknowledged each other :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.