BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

nightlife in blackburn

14 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I used to drink Newcastle brown when I was young and went to Esquires in Bedford. That's mainly because the pints were Charles Wells eagle, the worst beer made or scrumpy jack which was like battery acid.

Worst ale I ever consumed was in a place near us ran by Vaux I think it was called, a North East Brewery. We were convinced they just pumped it straight out of the nearby canal.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

To be fair, there’s a fair bit in Darwen and there’s more in Blackburn than there has been for ages.

Admittedly, there’s next to nothing in Accrington, bar local pubs then people’s houses...

51 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, there’s a fair bit in Darwen and there’s more in Blackburn than there has been for ages.

Admittedly, there’s next to nothing in Accrington, bar local pubs then people’s houses...

In the 90s when I was out in Blackburn, there was lots of bars.. Peppermint place.. Club euro.. Margo's clubs.. Jazzy kex.. Something for everyone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

More like nightlife in Oswaldtwistle but just a quick shout out for the Tap Select bar in Oswaldtwistle.

Really cool beers, good food, cool atmosphere. On the site of the old TSB. Also an old mate of mine running it!

Oswaldtwistle is developing a real route once again too so I’d advise you have a go! 

C68EFA07-56F7-45EB-A50F-23D53F27C369.jpeg

• Moderation Lead

Funnily enough, I ended up there tonight! It wasn’t too bad! 

I watched some music at The Christmas markets, then headed to a few bars.

That Drummer’s Arms is decent, what was O’Neills, well, it is what it is and The Napier was alright, but not so much my bag these days! It was busier than I expected, I have to say...

On 15/12/2018 at 09:55, K-Hod said:

On 15/12/2018 at 09:56, K-Hod said:

On 15/12/2018 at 09:57, K-Hod said:

On 15/12/2018 at 09:58, K-Hod said:

On 15/12/2018 at 09:59, K-Hod said:

On 15/12/2018 at 10:03, K-Hod said:

On 15/12/2018 at 11:43, K-Hod said:

You're a regular then? ?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at social media over Christmas, the problem Blackburn has is that as its nightlife declined from the back end of the 2000s onwards loads of other places around here improved.

I saw folk out in Clitheroe, Whalley, Darwen, Preston, Burnley and obviously Manchester for a big ‘un. A lot of those people would have been out in Blackburn a decade ago, now they wouldn’t even think of it. 

It’s a vicious circle, despite the marginal improvement this past couple of years, folk still see it as crap, so don’t go, not enough decent bars open. As there’s not enough footfall, not enough decent bars open.

Edited by Mattyblue

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is it true that their used to be a nightclub in Blackburn called "Moist"? I watch this show and one of the lads on it said there was. What a name for an establishment  

Yep. It's not there any more though. I think it was The Live Lounge, then I think it's something else/closed now.....

• Like 1