Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Legends

Driftpeasant

Super Atko - cult figure

Simon Garner - Legend

Tony Parkes - Legend

Colin Hendry - Fan Favourite

Noel Brotherstone - did it for the camera's RIP

Glenn Keeley - knocked lumps out of Keegan on his first away game for the Toon, but if I remember rightly Keegan then went on to score & gave a man of the match performance!

Shearer - Legend

What about "Windy" Miller?

Super Atko - cult figure

Simon Garner - Legend

Tony Parkes - Legend

Colin Hendry - Fan Favourite

Noel Brotherstone - did it for the camera's RIP

Glenn Keeley - knocked lumps out of Keegan on his first away game for the Toon, but if I remember rightly Keegan then went on to score & gave a man of the match performance!

Shearer - Legend

What about "Windy" Miller?

wasn't he sent off for dragging back Ian Rush in his only game for Everton

Brad Friedel

Tim Flowers

Henning Berg

Colin Hendry

Tim Sherwood

Tugay

Maybe David Dunn at a push?

Alan Shearer - best player in our history in my opinion.

Chris Sutton

Uncle Jack

Kenny Dalglish

Graeme Souness, for winning a trophy and our promotion & Euro Cup adventures

And even though I'm too young to have ever seen them play:

Simon Garner

Ronnie Clayton

Bryan Douglas

Tony Parkes

Derek Fazackerley

Brad Friedel

Tim Flowers

Henning Berg

Colin Hendry

Tim Sherwood

Tugay

Maybe David Dunn at a push?

Alan Shearer - best player in our history in my opinion.

Chris Sutton

Uncle Jack

Kenny Dalglish

Graeme Souness, for winning a trophy and our promotion & Euro Cup adventures

And even though I'm too young to have ever seen them play:

Simon Garner

Ronnie Clayton

Bryan Douglas

Tony Parkes

Derek Fazackerley

Add Mike England, Fred Pickering and Keith Newton along with Matt Woods!!

These lists are too long!

SG's 194 is fairly stretching it.

NOW....Played for Rovers,mostly as Captain,won League twice and retired having only played for one Club

.... Captain of England,42 caps

.... manager twice including Cup Win and first ever promotion

AND THEN...moments after managing the Rovers to a close 3-2 win over the Dingles

He has heart attack and dies -probably with a smile on his face.

The truly Legendary Bob Crompton

And still remembered 70 years since his death!

Eddie Latheron

Howard Gayle

Henning Berg

Robbie Savage

Maybe this should be a 'Hall of Fame' rather than legends.

This way Alan Mahon and Keith Fear can be added for their contribution to the Rovers cause.

I would add Mark Hughes as a legend. Played for us, won a cup. Managed us, saved our bacon, gave us back pride, semi finals, a few European wins etc.

What does legend mean ? In football terms it can be only either an outstanding player or one who has given the club outstanding service in terms of games played.

By that criteria, there are very few players who can genuinely be called a "legend".

In my lifetime therefore I would nominate.

Keith Newton, Mike England, Derek Fazackerely, Bryan Douglas, Ronnie Clayton, Colin Hendry and Alan Shearer.

All the rest are also-rans in comparison.

can't believe Duff hasn't been named....based on games played, success in the Cup,never asked for a move and held out loyal to the end... and helping us win promotion, and on his day the most dynamic LW in the league....he must be on the list, although I would like his explanation for the "celebration" of his goal against us last year....couldn't tell if it was respect or taunting

When we were waiting for the David Goodwillie transfer to be concluded, I went onto the Dundee United website to look at his history with them and found that they have a "Hall of Fame", which presumably includes both "legends" and "cult heroes"

Of the players who have played for both Rovers and Dundee United, there's only one who's in their Hall of Fame and he is none of the more obvious selections: Kevin Gallacher; Billy McKinlay or Goodwillie himself. It was Frank Kopel! :o [To be fair, he played for them for several seasons after leaving us and was then on their coaching squad.]

I guess that there'll surely be someone [several members?] on here either involved with the Fans' Forum or has close links with the club. Maybe they could suggest that it could be good PR for our new owners to think of initiating a Rovers' Hall of Fame incorporating both "legends" and "cult heroes"?

SG194...you are right! just saying that after your list ...the rest are just memories.

My hero was Mike England -but he did not last that long.

Bob Crompton and Alan Shearer are probably the best players to play for the Rovers ever!

But Jimmy Kerr was the most exciting(and the most disastous,closely followed by Matty)in my opinion.

And after the 70s and 80s the last 20 years have been unbelievably good.

So we need a museum badly for our history and memories and we were promised one.

• Guest changed the title to Rovers Legends

Archived