BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

• Backroom

Sandler has outstayed his welcome a bit for me but is ok in small doses.

That new one advertised with him as a woman looks like a bad joke you'd see on family guy

Watched Pirates 4 last night, love the series but felt some of the new characters a bit weak, the religious guy was just wet and hard to care about. Depp is fantastic as captain jack though what a role he plays

Edited by Tom M

I've seen a couple of good movies in the cinema recently. Last week I saw The Descendants starring George Clooney. It was an excellent movie. Clooney is brilliant. I'd recommend it.

I also went to see The Grey last week. I wasn't that fussed either way on seeing it, but I went a long and enjoyed it. I doubt I'd watch again, but it's entertaining enough.

A couple of weeks ago I went to see Shame. How that movie and Michael Fassbender didn't get nominated for Oscars is beyond me. It's one of the best movies I've seen certainly in a long time, if not ever. It's not an easy watch and that's not because of openly sexual nature of the movie, but more to do with the visible pain and anguish the character is in. This is a must see if you are a movie fan. I doubt you will 'enjoy' it, but you'll be glad that you saw it.

A other movies that have been downloaded which I've watch recently are The American, Somewhere, Moneyball and Another Earth. I enjoyed them all, especially Another Earth.

Watched the American version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo over Christmas which I thought was excellent. Had just read the trilogy and thought the film was a superb effort. Promped me to buy the three Swedish version films via Amazon (16 quid delivered for all three) which were equally good. Recommended.

• Backroom

A girl from my secondary school is in that Paul, according to IMDB she plays the Nanny. Her and Ellie Goulding were probably at the same school at the same time, although some years apart. Not bad for a school of 250 pupils.

I don't remember a nanny in the film :P then again my memory sucks

I don't remember a nanny in the film :P then again my memory sucks

She appears in the opening scenes and then the final scene.

Yep Ricky that's good going for 250. My eldest boy's class of 8 produced Tom Smith the Lancashire cricketer. The rest await fame ........